Cancer Walk - Who's In? | The Boneyard

Cancer Walk - Who's In?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
So let's start getting a list of who is going to be there so we can figure out how much room we need and what we can do to represent the board. If you want to add in what you've raised, that would be cool too.

My wife and I will be there. I haven't hit people at work yet, but I'll have an update by the weekend.

Reaction Score
Me and my daughter will be there.

Yes, the Mojo Baby whose head I rubbed for luck in 2004 as Okafor drained those FTs.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm in with a plus one. Now how do we submit the form in order to save the registration fee?

Reaction Score
I'll be there, but I'm letting Shelby walk for me. :)

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Me and one other will be there

Reaction Score
So let's start getting a list of who is going to be there so we can figure out how much room we need and what we can do to represent the board. If you want to add in what you've raised, that would be cool too.

My wife and I will be there. I haven't hit people at work yet, but I'll have an update by the weekend.
I'll be there

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'll be emailing the form by Friday. I lost Mrs. Dove but I think I can reel her back in. She's fickle.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
For those unable to walk or ride, it would be appreciated if you would donate to the Boneyard team. Please help fill in the pledge amount for the walker's who are responsible for at least $200 each.

I mean, you don't like cancer, right? So stand up to cancer by donating whatever you can. Last year, we raised around $11,000. This year, not so much.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm considering doing this. Can't do the bike ride, because my bike was totaled by a lovely 16 year old Prep school girl in an SUV, who then decided to pull a hit and run. Pain in the arse. But I can still walk I think.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'm considering doing this. Can't do the bike ride, because my bike was totaled by a lovely 16 year old Prep school girl in an SUV, who then decided to pull a hit and run. Pain in the arse. But I can still walk I think.

We need the International Zonecaster!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
We need the International Zonecaster!

Did I mention I was on the bike when she hit it? I was promptly removed from said bike on impact. Still mobile though.

All depends if I can get some respectable sponsorship in order. Did I read correctly above that the min pledge total is $200? I don't think I have enough friends that I haven't pissed off.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't think I have enough friends that I haven't pissed off.

Tell me about it. My brother said he'd kick in $25. Then he said he was going to Vegas so I told him to just put it on UConn to win the NC instead.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The request is to do your best. I may only get $100. Or more. I am telling family members the pledge is $20 minimum. I think we have until August 1 to collect.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The request is to do your best. I may only get $100. Or more. I am telling family members the pledge is $20 minimum. I think we have until August 1 to collect.

Sure fire way to get nothin' in my family. LMAO

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sure fire way to get nothin' in my family. LMAO

I don't think they have guards waiting to cane people who can't make it the entire three miles, so we'll just set about signing your crippled butt up.

Reaction Score
For those unable to walk or ride, it would be appreciated if you would donate to the Boneyard team. Please help fill in the pledge amount for the walker's who are responsible for at least $200 each.

I mean, you don't like cancer, right? So stand up to cancer by donating whatever you can. Last year, we raised around $11,000. This year, not so much.

You need to recruit more nine year olds to participate. Shelby is kicking ass.

Reaction Score
That's my girl....

And my Mom, a recent breast cancer survivor will be waiting for us at the finish line. I'm sure you all have many questions you could ask her about what it must have been like having a son like me. So, now's your chance. Sign up to walk with us and you can meet the Mojo Baby and Mama Deepster.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That's my girl....

And my Mom, a recent breast cancer survivor will be waiting for us at the finish line. I'm sure you all have many questions you could ask her about what it must have been like having a son like me. So, now's your chance. Sign up to walk with us and you can meet the Mojo Baby and Mama Deepster.

Can I bring her a print out of the following thread?

OT: A streak is broken. - started by Deepster
Wouldn't mind a mother and son autograph on that baby.

Reaction Score
Donate 50.00 and its a done deal.

If you think she'd even blink at this thread, you don't know me very well.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Donate 50.00 and its a done deal.
If you think she'd even blink at this thread, you don't know me very well.

Speaking of donating...where/how can my sponsors give? On the general boneyard donation page? Or do we get individual ones?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Speaking of donating...where/how can my sponsors give? On the general boneyard donation page? Or do we get individual ones?

It doesn't really matter - you get an individual page when those peeps get around to registering you, but the general page is fine, too.

Reaction Score
Hi all,
Sort of a repost from the other thread. Wanted to mention that the general Boneyard donation page that is mentioned above (http://www.friends.uconn.edu/the-boneyard, or the longer Convio URL that it redirects to) is unrelated to the NBC Connecticut Jim Calhoun Cancer Challenge Ride and Walk, for purposes of teams, target of donation, etc. The Ride and Walk benefits the Carole and Ray Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center, and the fund that Coach requested for the Boneyard donation page back in the fall is for the Pat and Jim Calhoun Cardiology Center.

Just wanted folks to be clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc