Can you name every city where UConn has won a championship? | The Boneyard

Can you name every city where UConn has won a championship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Coming to you straight from the Good Problems to Have Department, see if you can remember all the cities, and then watch the video to see how your memory stacks up against Geno's! :D

Reaction Score
Minneapolis, St. Louis, Tampa, New Orleans, Dallas (I think, I know there was at least one in Texas somewhere), Nashville, Philly, and I'm out of ideas after that. I know some of these cities repeat at different venues, but I'm sure I'm missing a city or two in there.

Reaction Score
Minneapolis, St. Louis, Tampa, New Orleans, Dallas (I think, I know there was at least one in Texas somewhere), Nashville, Philly, and I'm out of ideas after that. I know some of these cities repeat at different venues, but I'm sure I'm missing a city or two in there.

Atlanta, San Antonio, twice in New Orleans (I think)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've been with them to : Philly, St. Louis (the time they lost, but they made amends later), San Antonio 2x, Atlanta, New Orleans 2x, Nashville, and Tampa. The first championship was in Minneapolis. That should be 10.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
San Antonio in 2002 and 2010, capping undefeated seasons by arguably the 2 best teams ever.

Not in Dallas, though I think the men won there.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If you don't remember, check out the banners at Gampel.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
somehow I thought Indy was one of the cities they won in... did they lose there? (final four)

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
San Antonio in 2002 and 2010, capping undefeated seasons by arguably the 2 best teams ever.

Not in Dallas, though I think the men won there.

That second one in San Antonio was the only one of the ten I couldn't think of before I watched the Geno video.

And you're right, the men won their most recent title in Dallas (well, Arlington, close enough). Before that, they won in St. Petersburg, San Antonio, and Houston. So the state of Texas has been very good to the men, and San Antonio in particular has been awfully good to both teams.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Coming to you straight from the Good Problems to Have Department, see if you can remember all the cities, and then watch the video to see how your memory stacks up against Geno's! :D

Guess it helps if you were there and lived it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog