Can you give coach P a break yet? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can you give coach P a break yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah ... the offense is struggling. Everyone, including coaches P & D realize that, even more than we do. But.... after seeing the Louisville game you doubters have to admit Deleone is working with a short deck of cards. Chandler goes out and we're right back to why Edsall left: A walk on QB and a 166lb running back. Give those guys another year to get the offense turned around.
The boneyard rule book clearly states- There will be no praising coach Pasqualoni and no criticizing coach Ollie.

Reaction Score
The boneyard rule book clearly states- There will be no praising coach Pasqualoni and no criticizing coach Ollie.
Should he get credit for almost snatching defeat from the jaws of victory? Again they went into a deep freeze on purpose and almost blew it. Post game PP says we were looking for a few points. Are you kidding me? Loser mentality looking not to lose instead of winning. All credit goes to the boys on the field winning inspite of driving the D to the brink of total collapse from being on the field all day.

I'd love to give then credit for a brilliant game plan and prep. Just don't see it.

Reaction Score
I'll take the win, but is there any doubt if college OT rules were the same as the NFL we don't win the game? There was no chance of us driving the length of the field for a score.

Reaction Score

Actually ... I want Warde Manual to put the same standard on Pasqualoni & DeLeone as he has on Ollie. They need to fight for their jobs. Manual has been here for 8 months. I would say as he watched the Football practice, he can tell DeLeone is as out of touch as an old coach can be. We flushed one of the strongest assets of our Program (the development of OLine) & we are left with a 3 point in Conference Play second halfs Offense. Not going to be for us.

Thanks though for a win.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
our staff is not going to light a fire with recruits, or with the fans, and winning a game here and there is simply not going to change that

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Actually ... I want Warde Manual to put the same standard on Pasqualoni & DeLeone as he has on Ollie. They need to fight for their jobs. Manual has been here for 8 months. I would say as he watched the Football practice, he can tell DeLeone is as out of touch as an old coach can be. We flushed one of the strongest assets of our Program (the development of OLine) & we are left with a 3 point in Conference Play second halfs Offense. Not going to be for us.

Thanks though for a win.

That's only if you agree that what Manuel has done with Ollie is the right thing to do. I don't believe that it is. If the idea is that Kevin Ollie has never been in the head coaching position and therefore only merits a 7 month contract, despite a long professional career and some assistant coaching experience, then I would offer up that Warde should be on a 7 month contract of his own, since he has never been the AD of a BCS-type school with national championship programs...but that's just me...

Reaction Score
I'm OK with initial contract structure with Ollie; but, I think he is far exceeding the standard. I'm unhappy that Manual is implying he'll take til February to decide. We need this recruiting class after a few years of Nochimsen & APR.

Reaction Score
I'm thrilled for the players they won. I'm thrilled Don Brown is going to get some national pub. But this does not wash away the stink of NC State, W. Mich, Temple and USF and the equally stinky losses of last season.
Which Western Michigan loss are you referring to?!

Reaction Score
That's only if you agree that what Manuel has done with Ollie is the right thing to do. I don't believe that it is. If the idea is that Kevin Ollie has never been in the head coaching position and therefore only merits a 7 month contract, despite a long professional career and some assistant coaching experience, then I would offer up that Warde should be on a 7 month contract of his own, since he has never been the AD of a BCS-type school with national championship programs...but that's just me...
Now THIS is well said!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm OK with initial contract structure with Ollie; but, I think he is far exceeding the standard. I'm unhappy that Manual is implying he'll take til February to decide. We need this recruiting class after a few years of Nochimsen & APR.
I believe that he needs to take until February but if he lets it linger until the end of the season he will have completely screwed the pooch with this.

I believe also that he needs very high standards for PP & GDL. In fact, considerinng WM's background (and familiarity with big time college football vs hoops) he should have higher standards of expectation from the football staff than from hoops as he can be allowed to defer to the expertise of others in hoops.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I'll take the win, but is there any doubt if college OT rules were the same as the NFL we don't win the game? There was no chance of us driving the length of the field for a score.

Both teams played by the same rules, and they happen not to be the NFL rules. Maybe you want to go back through all the NFL OT games before their rule change to figure out who might have won under the new rule. Why do people have to find black clouds over a win?

Reaction Score
Jeez we beat a ranked team at their place. I mean c'mon guys get a handle on it.

We scored 10 points in regulation against a middle of the road defense. A defense which gave up 45 to Pitt and Cuse. Thats 45.

Once again, no points in the 2nd Half.

This game represented Ville's 2nd best defensive effort of the year points wise. Only Missouri State scored less than we did and they are not a BCS level team.

Our Defense kept us in this game.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
homer-simpson-doh.gif

Reaction Score
That was Don Brown's win and GDL did all he could to spoil it. I am indifferent for the most part about P but his unabashed loyalty to Deleone shows a severe lack of judgement and it's to the detriment of this program. I also don't see Pasqualoni taking this program big places... ever. If you're content with mediocre then P's your man but I'd rather see what else is out there.

Reaction Score
That was Don Brown's win and GDL did all he could to spoil it. I am indifferent for the most part about P but his unabashed loyalty to Deleone shows a severe lack of judgement and it's to the detriment of this program. I also don't see Pasqualoni taking this program big places... ever. If you're content with mediocre then P's your man but I'd rather see what else is out there.
+1000

Reaction Score
The dangerous thing about P is that he is not bad enough to go winless or go 2-10.

In this environment he may no longer have what it takes to go above .500. The problem is that there will always be one or two "encourging signs" to point to and the John Silvers and Desmond Conners will latch on to them.

Warde really has to cut through all of the BS and see that we are losing to teams that we have no business losing to at this stage. Temple and WMU were not WTF losses. They were losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom