Can you give coach P a break yet? | The Boneyard

Can you give coach P a break yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah ... the offense is struggling. Everyone, including coaches P & D realize that, even more than we do. But.... after seeing the Louisville game you doubters have to admit Deleone is working with a short deck of cards. Chandler goes out and we're right back to why Edsall left: A walk on QB and a 166lb running back. Give those guys another year to get the offense turned around.

Reaction Score
timebomb.jpg

Reaction Score
Yes we needed a new thread about coaching. I guess you didn't see the other 3.

By the way. There was zero substance in your post.

Reaction Score
I'm thrilled for the players they won. I'm thrilled Don Brown is going to get some national pub. But this does not wash away the stink of NC State, W. Mich, Temple and USF and the equally stinky losses of last season.

Reaction Score
Yeah ... the offense is struggling. Everyone, including coaches P & D realize that, even more than we do. But.... after seeing the Louisville game you doubters have to admit Deleone is working with a short deck of cards. Chandler goes out and we're right back to why Edsall left: A walk on QB and a 166lb running back. Give those guys another year to get the offense turned around.

Nope. Probably the most incompetent two quarters of football since Temple, and those were the worst two ever. Lousville won't be ranked at the end of the season.

Reaction Score
Jeez we beat a ranked team at their place. I mean c'mon guys get a handle on it.
really. It wasn't Alabama. But...it was just the 20th ranked team in the country, on their Senior Day, in their nest, with them playing for a conference championship out right. And.... UConn is still alive....WAAAHHHOOOOOOOO!!!

GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
these jokers are not going to turn the offense around. they do an ok job with the offense in the first half of games. after half time we get shut down by smarter coordinators on the other side of the field. you don't notice that pattern? These guys have no offensive brains. We don't even run screens. We don't run simple plays designed to beat the rush. C'mon.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
really. It wasn't Alabama. But...it was just the 20th ranked team in the country, on their Senior Day, in their nest, with them playing for a conference championship out right. And.... UConn is still alive....WAAAHHHOOOOOOOO!!!

GO HUSKIES!!!

Great win, especially with the "Louisville is a football power that will save the Acc BS" swirling.

But some of you guys/gals are f*#king delusional.

DeLeone's "offense" has scored something like 3 pts in the 2nd half in big east competition (discounting OT) -- and now an OT INT by a one-legged and one-armed bridgewater leads you to conclude that Deleone has earned the opportunity next year to win with his and PP's players?

Wow.

Reaction Score
Great win, especially with the "Louisville is a football power that will save the Acc BS" swirling.

DeLeone's "offense" has scored something like 3 pts in the 2nd half in big east competition (discounting OT) -- and now an OT INT by a one-legged and one-armed bridgewater leads you to conclude that Deleone has earned the opportunity next year to win with his and PP's players?

Wow.
I think he's being facetious.

Reaction Score
We might have won, but still a bunch of questionable coaching calls like running the ball instead of taking a knee on the last play of regular time. We might have won it sooner if we played the Wildcat once Whitmer was out.

Even if we win next week, I think we need to make a coaching change because PP every week is making poor coaching decisions. It's not like he's a young coach who will learn from his mistakes and develop over time. He should be a pro at this by now.

Reaction Score
We might have won, but still a bunch of questionable coaching calls like running the ball instead of taking a knee on the last play of regular time. We might have won it sooner if we played the Wildcat once Whitmer was out.

Even if we win next week, I think we need to make a coaching change because PP every week is making poor coaching decisions. It's not like he's a young coach who will learn from his mistakes and develop over time. He should be a pro at this by now.

uhh.. he was the defensive coordinator for the DALLAS COWBOYS and would still be if he had decided to keep the job instead of coming home to coach his home states best football squad.

Reaction Score
Nothing says GDL like staying with the runs to Lyle that did work in the first half that got stuffed in the second. No play action, not targeting tight ends. SOS.

Reaction Score
You Pasqualistas are too much. It's a nice win. Probably saved P's job. But you are drinking some spiked punch if you want us to forget what has transpired the last 2 years.

Btw.....DeLeone can still as far as I'm concerned.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Well, I'll say this; it took some guts from Coach P to stick with McEntee on the second overtime after he went 0-2 and was a little shaky in the first series. He could have easily gone exclusively with the wildcat package after that (which in my opinion would have been a mistake). Instead, he stuck with McEntee and showed some real belief in the kid. McEntee rewarded his faith by going 2-2 in the next series with a nice checkdown to McCombs in the flat for 17 yards followed by a nice throw to the corner of the endzone to Shakim Phillips for the touchdown. Coach P most certainly deserves some credit for that decision, whether people here want to admit it or not...

Reaction Score
uhh.. he was the defensive coordinator for the DALLAS COWBOYS and would still be if he had decided to keep the job instead of coming home to coach his home states best football squad.
WOW, BFD. He's overseen 3 points in 2nd halfs of Big East play and has one of the worst offenses in all of major college football. Results matter.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There are numerous examples that support no correlation between coaching at the NFL level and at the Collegiate level.

Not to mention, the defense has not been the issue and The Cowboys' Defense was ranked #23 in total D in 2010

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yes we needed a new thread about coaching. I guess you didn't see the other 3.

By the way. There was zero substance in your post.

This reply has as much substance as a George DeLeone's play book.

Reaction Score

DeLeone's "offense" has scored something like 3 pts in the 2nd half in big east competition (discounting OT) -- and now an OT INT by a one-legged and one-armed bridgewater leads
you to conclude that Deleone has earned the opportunity next year to win with his and PP's players?

Wow.

I know. Low standards here. Win two stinking games in a row and all is forgiven with PP. Who has he brought in as a recruit? No one of consequence

Reaction Score
Well, I'll say this; it took some guts from Coach P to stick with McEntee on the second overtime after he went 0-2 and was a little shaky in the first series. He could have easily gone exclusively with the wildcat package after that (which in my opinion would have been a mistake). Instead, he stuck with McEntee and showed some real belief in the kid. McEntee rewarded his faith by going 2-2 in the next series with a nice checkdown to McCombs in the flat for 17 yards followed by a nice throw to the corner of the endzone to Shakim Phillips for the touchdown. Coach P most certainly deserves some credit for that decision, whether people here want to admit it or not...

You've got it right Dan. Now if he would just follow that up by exercising the good judgement to make one or two coaching "adjustments" he'll have the support of those who aren't sure the old dog can learn any new tricks. I'm conflicted about P but every time I hear him talk I want to root for him and see him/us succeed. I really like the man but you have to question loyalty over results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom