Can we use our bench, please?! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Can we use our bench, please?!

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
I get it, but sarcasm is very often misunderstood on the BY. You some sprinkle in smiley faces or something to diffuse those who are combustible.
:);):pHead bang

Reaction Score
UCONN is between a rock and a hard place!
If they lose a conference game because of playing less talented players they'll hurt their seeding in the NCAA Tournament they have to win as many games and the conference tournament as possible to stay eligible for a number 1 seed!
I'd like them to substitute more but there is such a huge difference between the 5 starters and the 3 bench players that you give up the chance to win to rest players!
If Azzi and/or Caroline Ducharme were available that would be a horse of a different color! Those 2 (when healthy) are starter type players, they would help rest the 5 other starters!
But until they are close to back to form, major minutes from our present bench is impossible!

Reaction Score
always find it funny when ppl worry about seeds, last year this team was 2 seed and beat #1 Nc st, #1 Stanford. And had 2 tough rd of 32 and rd of 16 matchups in UCF and Indiana and somehow they won all those but now there is worry about a seed? Don't understand the doubt, I think aside SC Uconn is going to be favorite vs anyone in the country.

Reaction Score
always find it funny when ppl worry about seeds, last year this team was 2 seed and beat #1 Nc st, #1 Stanford. And had 2 tough rd of 32 and rd of 16 matchups in UCF and Indiana and somehow they won all those but now there is worry about a seed? Don't understand the doubt, I think aside SC Uconn is going to be favorite vs anyone in the country.
socal613ws:- - - -I agree in theory but the reality is the lower the seed the faster after the first round you play some of the better teams seeded above you!
Yes UCONN has enough talent to beat almost anyone but there is always a chance of playing a game like we just did vs Villanova in the early rounds and being knocked out! Without Azzi and/or Caroline Ducharme we're "pushing the edge of the envelope!"
The tougher the competition, the more physical & mental effort they have to put out.
I want to face really tough competition in the Sweet 16 or the Elite 8 to get us to the Final Four where it becomes a crap shoot and anyone who's hot & healthy can win the Championship!

Reaction Score
Nope. None of the three players currently on the bench have consistently shown they can positively impact the game against a good team. There is a significant gap between the five starters and the bench players right now. Azzi and Caroline coming back will be crucial.
Geno historically hasn't gone deeper than 7 in the rotation, especially in big games..and generally 6 and 7 were just as productive...Be careful what you wish for....If Caroline and Azzi get back healthy there won't be enough basketballs for all of them...Then who do you rotate out?---Aubrey?...She's been the most under-rated all year....So much like Gabby Williams was....defense, rebounding, but more scoring,,,

Reaction Score
Just rewatched the BE season opener game with Providence. Fun game, everybody (except Dorka) played and everybody ate! When we have all our players back at some point this season you'll see subs in and out. With Caroline and Azzi back you have no drop-off at all through whatever combination of the top seven players are on the floor and one or two of the last three can be out there in the mix and do some great things. For Ines, Ayanna and Amari to be in the mix on the floor when we are playing with a good flow will be way more meaningful in their development that just putting them out there in the current conditions.

These guys have worked their butts off this season and every single one of them has upped their games since preseason. I really hope they get the chance very soon to see just how good they can be with all hands on deck to finish off the season. They really deserve that and I have no doubt if it comes to pass they will make the most of it - thinking #12 here!

Reaction Score
Geno historically hasn't gone deeper than 7 in the rotation, especially in big games..and generally 6 and 7 were just as productive...Be careful what you wish for....If Caroline and Azzi get back healthy there won't be enough basketballs for all of them...Then who do you rotate out?---Aubrey?...She's been the most under-rated all year....So much like Gabby Williams was....defense, rebounding, but more scoring,,,

That's a "problem" you worry about when you get there. Azzi's not coming back and playing 40 minutes any time soon. Will just be nice to have viable options off the bench, whoever they are.

Reaction Score
I understand what you are saying, in hindsight. You may know your best players need a rest, but you can’t predict that the subs will do as well as the tired yet tried and true starters will do, especially in a close and competitive game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom