Can McCombs do this? | The Boneyard

Can McCombs do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not!

Today

Dri Archer 5'8 164 lbs breaking tackles, has over 26 plays over 20+ yards, and breaks tackles every game!

McCombs can barely break a tackle... had 1 in like 6 games!

Reaction Score
Look at the holes he gets to run through.

Okay, what does that have to do with him breaking tackles? I'm not talking about yards, I'm talking about breaking tackles! He broke four tackles on that second run...

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
He might be able to break tackles if he wasn't under fire as soon as he gets the ball,it all lays on the O line,can't tell me his 1ST thought isn't oh !

Reaction Score
I thought UF was the defender of our talent.

I never thought McCombs had great talent and McCombs is not the whole team! I'd rather see him get used a few times a game and put our other backs to work.

Reaction Score
I never thought McCombs had great talent and McCombs is not the whole team! I'd rather see him get used a few times a game and put our other backs to work.

Are you in any way related to any of our linemen?

Reaction Score
I'm not defending anyone. I've consistently said that I believe LM and the OL are less talented, and then you add the coaching issues on top and you get what we have. You have repeatedly stated that we don't have less talent. Now you come out and blast LM (not that i disagree btw). Just curious if you have information we don't.

Reaction Score
I'm not defending anyone. I've consistently said that I believe LM and the OL are less talented, and then you add the coaching issues on top and you get what we have. You have repeatedly stated that we don't have less talent. Now you come out and blast LM (not that i disagree btw). Just curious if you have information we don't.

We do have talent. When I say this team has talent i'm not stating that every single player on this roster is talented. McCombs gets his yards only if theres a whole and if he hits that whole (he likes to hop everywhere) he's getting body slammed by a Corner Back at first contact...

Reaction Score
We do have talent. When I say this team has talent i'm not stating that every single player on this roster is talented. McCombs gets his yards only if theres a whole and if he hits that whole (he likes to hop everywhere) he's getting body slammed by a Corner Back at first contact...

Not disagreeing with any of this. I think most of us believe the team has some talent, but is overall less talented on offense (with the exception of QB and WR which I believe most of us would say we have upgraded) than the team was 2 years ago.

Reaction Score
Thank Paul, George and their ZONE BLOCKING SCHEME for all that is LM trying to find a hole. It is by design....

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Thank Paul, George and their ZONE BLOCKING SCHEME for all that is LM trying to find a hole. It is by design....
read Des and DeLone article again.. the last one.

The way I read his statement, Lyle is told which to hit, he is not allowed to go anywhere he wants.

Man do I wish DeLone was not running the offense!

Reaction Score
What happened to run to daylight? Granted there hasn't been much this year but there were some cuts left on the field that could have gotten more yardage.

Reaction Score
read Des and DeLone article again.. the last one.

The way I read his statement, Lyle is told which to hit, he is not allowed to go anywhere he wants.

Man do I wish DeLone was not running the offense!

Geez - Iwonder why there are called designed plays? They are designed for each player to do a specific thing/task - it doesn't make a difference if it's zone blocking or power blocking, freelancing is strongly discouraged at ALL levels from Pee-Wee to NFL.

If I missed intened sarcasm - I'm sorry.

Reaction Score
Geez - Iwonder why there are called designed plays? They are designed for each player to do a specific thing/task - it doesn't make a difference if it's zone blocking or power blocking, freelancing is strongly discouraged at ALL levels from Pee-Wee to NFL.

If I missed intened sarcasm - I'm sorry.

If a designed play isn't there freelancing happens all the time in high school, college, and the NFL... you see RB's bouncing it to the outside if the whole it's not there. Why jump around just to hit a whole that isn't there??

Reaction Score
If a designed play isn't there freelancing happens all the time in high school, college, and the NFL... you see RB's bouncing it to the outside if the whole it's not there. Why jump around just to hit a whole that isn't there??

Okay... But the comment was in response to the statement "The way I read his statement, Lyle is told which to hit, he is not allowed to go anywhere he wants". Again, the primary role is to follow the blockers as the play is designed. If blown up - all bets are off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom