Cameras and First Night | The Boneyard

Cameras and First Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know what the policy is on Cameras for the First Night Celebration? I cannot recall if they are banned or allowed. Any help with this would be appreciated ;)

Reaction Score
No cameras? Isn't every little cell phone these days a 12MP camera that can record video in ultra-HD quality? What's the purpose of a no camera rule at first night anyway?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
No cameras? Isn't every little cell phone these days a 12MP camera that can record video in ultra-HD quality? What's the purpose of a no camera rule at first night anyway?

The restriction I recall from the XL Center was that long-range lenses were not allowed. No restrictions on standard cameras. My best guess is that Gampel will impose similar restrictions. Just a guess.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think there were some close-up camera shots of players and coaches legs that were less than appropriate a number of years ago that made it on-line at which point the rules were instituted.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think there were some close-up camera shots of players and coaches legs that were less than appropriate a number of years ago that made it on-line at which point the rules were instituted.

I wonder if they were Boneyard members :rolleyes:

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
Does anyone know what the policy is on Cameras for the First Night Celebration? I cannot recall if they are banned or allowed. Any help with this would be appreciated ;)
From my experiences over the past 20 plus years no cameras are allowed at all UNLESS you wear a wig with a lot of basketballs attached to it. Everyone just looks at the wig and therefor do not see the camera in your hand. I will be posting the photos and video of first night as soon as I can.
WARNING Some people will not understand but the parents of the players love you.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
From my experiences over the past 20 plus years no cameras are allowed at all UNLESS you wear a wig with a lot of basketballs attached to it. Everyone just looks at the wig and therefor do not see the camera in your hand. I will be posting the photos and video of first night as soon as I can.

So you saying that you have to have balls to walk in with a camera.

Reaction Score
I recently purchased a new camera with an awesome zoom... I was hoping to bring it with me.... but it sounds like no, of course I am not sure if I am missing some sarcasm. So DannyK you do bring a camera?

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score

You should be able to bring in a camera provided it is one with a lens less than 3 inches in length and not detachable. I've had a camera with me each time I've gone to Gampel and had no problem.

Official policy can be found here - http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/conn/genrel/auto_pdf/2015-16/misc_non_event/gampel-a-z-guide.pdf

Okay, so let me be sure I've got this straight. In addition to having balls, you have to have less than 3 inches.
We better get there early because the verification process is sure to slow down the entry lines.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I used to bring a 300mm f2.8 fixed focal length lens into Gampel but I was just just compensating (for where our seats were)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

Okay, so let me be sure I've got this straight. In addition to having balls, you have to have less than 3 inches.
We better get there early because the verification process is sure to slow down the entry lines.
and a wig
red-wig-gr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member