*Call for ballots*: BY25 poll #7 (due Mon., Jan. 31, 11a ET) | The Boneyard

*Call for ballots*: BY25 poll #7 (due Mon., Jan. 31, 11a ET)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The 7th biweekly edition of the 2021-22 Boneyard Top 25 poll is rapidly approaching.

Ballots are due to me, via private message, by 11:00 a.m. ET on Monday, Jan. 31, 2022. (If you don't know how to send a PM, let me know in this thread and I will PM you first.) Ballots should reflect all games played through Sunday, Jan. 30.

The poll is open to anyone, regardless of fan base affiliation, who has a Boneyard account. There is no need to have participated in previous polls to submit a ballot for this one.

images

Some notes and reminders:
  • Early ballots are generally not allowed. Ballots should reflect all games played through Sunday, Jan. 30. Please don't submit your ballot until all potentially ballot-impacting games have been decided on Sunday.
  • Please double-check your ballot for errors, duplications, and omissions. Having the same team listed twice is the most common flaw. Here's a tip: Once you think you have your final rankings, copy them into Word or Excel or a similar program, and then sort the team names alphabetically. This should make it readily apparent if any team is listed twice.
  • Full ballots (of 25 teams) are strongly encouraged; short ballots (of at least 10 teams) are accepted.
  • No ties are allowed on a ballot. Each team on the ballot must have a unique ranking.
For reference, previous polls from this season are linked below:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Thank you again @Vowelguy. It's a huge help to be able to see a compilation of results since the last poll.

Teams 2, 3 and 4 all have significant tests tomorrow (Stanford-Arizona, NC State-UNC, Louisville-Duke). Georgia also has a road test at Ole Miss.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Thank you again @Vowelguy. It's a huge help to be able to see a compilation of results since the last poll.

Teams 2, 3 and 4 all have have significant tests tomorrow (Stanford-Arizona, NC State-UNC, Louisville-Duke). Georgia also has a road test at Ole Miss.

Not sure how significant of a test it will be for Louisville..... I'm not hopeful.

Reaction Score
I have not considered Kentucky worthy of ranking at any point this year - even preseason. However, this 4 game collapse surprises even me.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
As always, thanks Plebe. A few thoughts:

1. Man, it gets mushy fast after the top three. And then even mushier after the top 10. For all that the top teams have lost this season, how do the plausible candidates for spots 11-25 have so few quality wins among them???

2. UNC's NET ranking (#5) relative to their actual schedule (not to mention on-court eye test) is preposterous. LOL preposterous. They are 3-4 in Quadrant one, and the best of those wins is a home win vs. Virginia Tech. I don't think I've ever seen such a disconnect between computer ranking and actual team quality.

3. UConn is really hard to rank at the moment. Anywhere from 4 to 14 is plausible depending on how much you focus on schedule vs. present strength vs. likely output in March.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom