Calipari says he doesn't care about Championships | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Calipari says he doesn't care about Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Fans Like championships.

Recruits want to make coin in the NBA.

Theoretically, a by-product of great recruiting are championships.

It's really no different at UConn. Jim Calhoun said as much.

Reaction Score
Actually this is the one time I respect him for being brutally honest or should I say admitting his own denial. Almost everyone else knew this as fact.

For so many years, his words spoke louder than his actions. For one moment in time, now they match.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Actually this is the one time I respect him for being brutally honest or should I say admitting his own denial. Almost everyone else knew this as fact.

For so many years, his words spoke louder than his actions. For one moment in time, now they match.
It's a recruiting tool. He's saying, "I can get you to the NBA."

"If you win the wood, wonderful, but you'll definitely get the bling."

Reaction Score
Yeah that makes a lot of sense Cal. UK is paying you to get players drafted. No you . They're paying you to win games. Stop making excuses. You're not a good coach. The only thing you can do is recruit.

Reaction Score
He is trying to get fired to collect the remaining $$ on his contract, so taking $3 mil per year for an NBA job will be like getting paid $11 mil per year.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
This is how you know someone has gone off the rails: when they start talking arrant nonsense and actually believe what they are saying. Of course he believes it isn't about winning championships. He had the most talented team in the country and failed...again. He has to justify it somehow. His own ego won't allow him to accept the fact that as a prohibitive favorite, he lost.

Reaction Score
And the best is when he uses "we forget they are still freshman and they played like it tonight at times" during the Final Four. Hey Squiddy, they played like that 40 games into the season because you're a crappy coach.

JC used to say "they're not freshman anymore" when February came around but Squid still uses it as an excuse. Who would you rather have as your coach? Pretty simple huh;)

Reaction Score
Wasn't he recently elected to the HOF? This should certainly stain the award.

Reaction Score
He is trying to get fired to collect the remaining $$ on his contract, so taking $3 mil per year for an NBA job will be like getting paid $11 mil per year.
You might be onto something. Also, soon all the recruiting violations should start to surface.

Reaction Score
You might be onto something. Also, soon all the recruiting violations should start to surface.

Should Coach Cal leave and should (most likely) the NCAA pay a trip to Lexington right after, the Wildcats (should) get hammered (if/when) violations are found for hiring a coach who had already been run out of 2 programs (UMass, Memphis).

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
If his goal and talent is to get players into the NBA (draft) he should make a great D league coach and we wouldn't have to hear from him. Too bad that's below his pay grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom