Calhoun on NBA draft, past and present | The Boneyard

Calhoun on NBA draft, past and present

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some interesting tidbits here:

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-men/hc-nba-draft-calhoun-legacy-0624-20120623,0,3335216.story

I didn't know that Rip said goodbye to everyone in '98 before Calhoun changed his mind. I don't remember that from Calhoun's book, if it was in there.

I remember that being in Calhoun's book. Rip was going to enter the draft and then met with JC in his office. Rip still walked out of the office with the intent to enter the draft and said goodbye to everyone in the athletic office on his way out. Rip then changed his mind. I'll see if I can find it and tell you what page.

Reaction Score
I could be mistaken but as I recall it being written about in the book, JC had heard from one of the assistants that Rip "was already gone." Not sure it specifically mentioned that he had said goodbye to all of the coaches already, but I think from his attitude that it was apparent which way he was leaning. We'll never know what Rip's career in the NBA would have been like if he hadn't come back, but I don't want to think about how that decision could have changed UConn's future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom