Calhoun Charity Walk - Event Day Info | The Boneyard

Calhoun Charity Walk - Event Day Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For those of you walking on Saturday:

• Registration (T-Shirt pickup) is from 7 am to 11:30 am.
  • The 5k walk starts at 11:30 am.
  • When you park inside the event grounds, you will see (you can't miss) a large stage. The main communication of the day's events take place from that stage. I will be to the left of the stage (if you're facing the stage) by 10:30 am.
  • I will get a helium balloon with a very long string, probably tying it to the wrist of my 9 yr old daughter (The Mojo Baby who is carrying you in donations right now) who is going to hate standing there in the rain. We can all meet here, chat it up and when it's time, head over to the start (which is like 200 yds away).
  • After the walk, there is a band, food and we can hang out there for a bit.
  • I have set it up that, when Coach arrives at the finish, the entire Boneyard Team will join him on stage for a meet and greet with a team photo. He knows who we are from our Cardiac Bypass charitable efforts and the organizers were gracious enough to make sure we got the photo op with him.

• After that? We spoke about some options and never really arrived at a solid choice. The area right near the ride has a number of good food and drink options. For you folks coming from far away, if you'd like to grab something or catch up with old friends, you can choose to go to:

http://www.theironfrogtavern.com/
    http://www.mapletreecafe.com/
    http://www.littlecitypizzaco.com/
    http://www.planbburger.com/menu_dinner.pdf

I would highly recommend any of those 4 spots as great places to eat, drink and chill and they're all within a half mile of the finish line.
If anyone is interested in joining us on the walk, you can email me at deepster21@yahoo.com with any questions about signup and responsibilities.

If you're reading this and don't want The Boneyard to end up 9th in the Team Donations, see Fishy's main thread about how you can change that. To be frank, in all the years I've been on this site? Tom and Fishy haven't ever asked for much. We've had a couple golf tourneys with charitable ventures....but nothing where we will physically shake Jim Calhoun's hand in a few days, thanking him for his dedication and love for our program.

Ten toes in, people. This is the tail end of our gift to the Coach. Let's all be proud of what we've accomplished here.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. I'll be there and you can recognize me cause I'll be wearing a UConn hat. Probably a UConn shirt too.

I have $490 in checks and cash to add to that total with some more to come.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Wait, we have to walk 200 yards to the starting line?!?:mad:

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
And now the rain is supposed to end about 6:00 a.m., with partly cloudy skies at walk time. Should be pretty nice.

Reaction Score
Is anyone going and not walking or riding? I was thinking of showing up just to see you guys. Been awhile...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Definitely Definitely The Iron Frog. It's the best of the bunch imo. Barbecue pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries. Yum. Can't go to the Mapletree. That was the biggest sh!thole in High School. Don't care if it's under new management and has new food. The Japanese restaurant behind Iron Frog is great too, but pricey.

I'm almost at my $1,000 donation goal. By tonight I should crush it, unless my friends (soon to be acquaintances) fall on their faces.

We flat out have to win the walk. I mean, were going to out walk everyone else, right? I think there's no question. Just walk hard.

So in short, we look for the big nine foot balloon. Of what? UConn? Or are you going to differentiate from the 10,000 other UConn symbols in the crowd?

Reaction Score
I'll be on the left side of the stage, if you're facing the stage. I'll have a balloon and a miserable looking nine yr old. What else do you people need? A 40 foot neon sign?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'll be on the left side of the stage, if you're facing the stage. I'll have a balloon and a miserable looking nine yr old. What else do you people need? A 40 foot neon sign?

That'd do it. No lie.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'll be there between 10:30 and 11:00.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That'd do it. No lie.

Love your enthusiasm. I think any meeting up at an establishment afterwards wouldn't be to eat as the event will be giving free vouchers or food and beverages.

I'll be floating up and mooring by 10:30 to 11 like the leveses. Look for a blue Honda Element with the 77-74 sticker on the windshield.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Love your enthusiasm. I think any meeting up at an establishment afterwards wouldn't be to eat as the event will be giving free vouchers or food and beverages.

I'll be floating up and mooring by 10:30 to 11 like the leveses. Look for a blue Honda Element with the 77-74 sticker on the windshield.

What are you driving instead of walking??

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You fly in solo jleves? Or with the family?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Looks like a great day shaping up. Represent and enjoy guys.

And Deep, I'll kick in another $50 if you get Calhoun to tell you the order in which he would take down the Golden Girls.

Reaction Score
Looks like a great day shaping up. Represent and enjoy guys.

And Deep, I'll kick in another $50 if you get Calhoun to tell you the order in which he would take down the Golden Girls.

Done!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
After the event HuskyNan, myself, Mrs. Waquoit, Dogbreath2U and Waquoit ended up at the Iron Frog. I asked for something Shandyish and was given a Curious Traveler by the Shandy Brewing Company. Pretty tasty and did the trick. On the way home I bought two 6-packs. Good time and a great walk even if was a straight shot down the street and back. Need more turns next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom