Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Thank you Mr. Dolan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
It's in the NYC metro area ONLY.. Fairfield County has gotta be included in that, no? If not, I'm still pissed... all the celebrating for naught...

Reaction Score
It's in the NYC metro area ONLY.. Fairfield County has gotta be included in that, no? If not, I'm still pissed... all the celebrating for naught...

I'd presume it to mean NYC metro area as far out as Cablevision extends. So yes. My house when I'm not at school is pretty much as far North as you can go and still be in Cablevision-land. So I'm in the same boat as you. But the way I understand it, they'd have it everywhere. You need an iO preferred, iO Silver, or iO Gold (or the Sports pack without an iO subscription, but that's only possible in areas that have gone all-digital, which I don't believe Fairfield County has yet) to get NFL Network, and iO Gold or Sports Pak (which is included in Gold), to get the Red Zone Channel. Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000050872/article/cablevision-signs-deal-to-carry-nfl-network-nfl-redzone
Basically, as long as you have iO digital cable, you'll have the NFL Network starting tomorrow. The Red Zone channel may require an upgrade.

If you don't know which package you have, keep in mind that if you get ESPNU, you must have an iO package and/or the SportsPak, in which case you will get the NFL Network. If you get Fox College Sports and other obscure sports channels on the low-400s, you have the Sports Pak, otherwise you don't. As for Gold Pack, that's the premium channels like HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and Starz, plus all their alt streams. If you have all four of those channels, you have the Gold Pack. If you only have some of them, you have the Silver Pack. If you have none, you have either the preferred pack or no iO package.

If you have a cable box, you definitely have an iO package, unless your area is all digital. Basically, if you have a cable box but it's possible to get (STANDARD DEFINITION) cable in your area without one, by plugging into the cable jack, you have an iO package and will get the NFL Network.

Or just use the ESPNU check. That won't tell you what package you have, but it will tell you if you get the NFL Network starting tomorrow. As for Red Zone, if you don't have all the premium channels, you don't have the Gold Pack. Check the low 400s (400-410 or so) to see if you have a bunch of random sports channels like Fox College Sports and GOLTV. If you do, you have the Sports Pack. If you have that or the Gold Pack, you will get Red Zone Channel. If not, you won't.

Reaction Score
I just want NFL Network... I'm happy with that... Sunday afternoons on my 42 inch flatscreen ( until Black Friday, when I upgrade to 50 plus inches ) are now my haven

Reaction Score
Thank you Mr. Dolan.

He was feeling giddy and particulariy benevolent today after yesterday -

Business briefs
Last Updated: 12:18 AM, August 16, 2012
Posted: 12:18 AM, August 16, 2012

Dolan sells

AMC Networks said yesterday that Cablevision founder Charles Dolan sold 1.75 million shares of its Class A common stock on Tuesday. Dolan, whose family controls the company, would’ve received about $72 million for the stock.

Read more http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/business_briefs_bNblQRziQhmdC3J8J65WrJ#ixzz23kHxVkre

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score

Business briefs

Dolan sells

AMC Networks said yesterday that Cablevision founder Charles Dolan sold 1.75 million shares of its Class A common stock on Tuesday. Dolan, whose family controls the company, would’ve received about $72 million for the stock.

Read more http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/business_briefs_bNblQRziQhmdC3J8J65WrJ#ixzz23kHxVkre

I don't understand how stocks work or what he actually did but it sounds like a good deed.

Reaction Score

Business briefs

Dolan sells

So as to not get too far OT: I can find no other (wire services) documentation and, given the stock's ("CVC") 15.15 "last," the #'s don't make sense.

Reaction Score
So as to not get too far OT: I can find no other (wire services) documentation and, given the stock's ("CVC") 15.15 "last," the #'s don't make sense.

I did it again. He sold AMC (41.00) not CVC. I should learn to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom