Christ Koumadje (Committed to Florida State) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Christ Koumadje (Committed to Florida State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
yet all the 247 predictions had him heading to Georgia Tech

Reaction Score
I think the reason for the GT picks was because the brother of someone on their staff discovered Koumadje.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Has he said when he plans to decide? (20 minutes from when?)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Is he 4th on UCONN's list behind: Stone, Enoch, and Baptiste?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Is he 4th on UCONN's list behind: Stone, Enoch, and Baptiste?

Isn't Enoch considered a 4 and the others 5's? Although it would be an interesting change to have a center with some weight to throw around, having Koumadje around to 3-4 years could be a lot of fun as well.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I love me some 7 footers. But I'd rather have Koumadje and Baptiste than Stone. Pair them with Enoch and shazam!

Reaction Score
I love me some 7 footers. But I'd rather have Koumadje and Baptiste than Stone. Pair them with Enoch and shazam!

You'd rather have an extremely raw prospect that could take a few years to even contribute over a consensus top 10 player in his class who has shown consistent rebounding skills and low post game? Ummmm.......

Reaction Score
You'd rather have an extremely raw prospect that could take a few years to even contribute over a consensus top 10 player in his class who has shown consistent rebounding skills and low post game? Ummmm..

There's a certain fetishization of raw big men on this board -- as if everyone is going to turn into Hasheem Thabeet. FWIW, Thabeet wasn't anything special his first few years, and Brimah wasn't always a net positive on the court this year either.

I'll take the guy who can play right away.

Reaction Score
There's a certain fetishization of raw big men on this board -- as if everyone is going to turn into Hasheem Thabeet. FWIW, Thabeet wasn't anything special his first few years, and Brimah wasn't always a net positive on the court this year either.

Same. I understand bringing in a development prospect ever few years, but we should still have Brimah in going into 2015. We need offensive production and rebounding from the C spot badly. Stone would bring that year one.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You'd rather have an extremely raw prospect that could take a few years to even contribute over a consensus top 10 player in his class who has shown consistent rebounding skills and low post game? Ummmm..
Baptiste is not raw. He's raw muscle. Koumadje might be a project, but there's no way he won't be good given his size.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

HT was a monster defensively from the moment he stepped on the court. It wasn't just about numbers. He just changed so many shots and had the other team terrified of going in the paint.

He was BE All Rookie team. BE and national DPOY and 2nd team all BE as a sophomore.

You don't get those kind of accolades by being an also ran. As raw as he was to start, he was still pretty good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Baptiste is not raw. He's raw muscle. Koumadje might be a project, but there's no way he won't be good given his size.

he's definitely a raw, project big man. all dude is is basically a body at this point, he has no developed post game.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I highly doubt that worrying about taking too many of these talented big men at once is going to be Coach Ollie's problem...many other schools are in the mix. We will be blessed to get any one or two of them!

ESPN's recruiting tracker shows that UConn has made offers to 32 players in the class of 2015. Even though 11 have committed to other schools and obviously Adams has committed to UConn, but if that number is correct that leaves 20 offers that are out there what should be 3 slots. Clearly, some conditions must apply to the offers.

Reaction Score

Skill wise, Baptiste is extremely raw. Right now he's just a athlete playing basketball. As for Koumadje, I think he could be good after a few years, especially on defense, but its far from a guarantee. I'd rather take the more polished Stone.

HT was a monster defensively from the moment he stepped on the court. It wasn't just about numbers. He just changed so many shots and had the other team terrified of going in the paint.

He was BE All Rookie team. BE and national DPOY and 2nd team all BE as a sophomore.

You don't get those kind of accolades by being an also ran. As raw as he was to start, he was still pretty good.

No doubt HT he was good on D and Koumadje has the potential to be HT 2.0, but Stone can come in right away and be an offensive force and still provide good defense. He could be a All-American as a freshman. Besides, we should have Brimah at least through the 2015-2016 season to fill that defensive void.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
No doubt HT he was good on D and Koumadje has the potential to be HT 2.0, but Stone can come in right away and be an offensive force and still provide good defense. He could be a All-American as a freshman. Besides, we should have Brimah at least through the 2015-2016 season to fill that defensive void.

Yep. Wasn't making any comment on the recruits. Just that hash, while raw, was better coming in than posters usually give credit for. Probably because he followed Okafor.

I'll take Stone 100 times out of 100.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Special K
I spent a season listening to people on this forum scream about needing a bigs coach. Now everyone is sure we can work a big project into a force?
Love Amidah, I don't think Koumadje has his talent, but maybe we should wait until AB averages 5 and 5 before we count on being a factory for finishing raw centers.

This place reminds me of politics, all extremes, no center :cool:

Reaction Score
He's supposed to be visiting UConn this weekend- anyone know if that actually happened?

Reaction Score
He's supposed to be visiting UConn this weekend- anyone know if that actually happened?
Actually today is the last day: August 28-30

I wonder if they took him to the football game lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members