C-12 Dancing | The Boneyard

C-12 Dancing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Source: Bracket Matrix
C-12 with 10 teams dancing
A-12 with 3 (plus UConn)

NCAA
Georgetown
Marquette
Villanova
Butler
Creighton
St Louis

NIT
Xavier
Providence
St John's
Dayton

Sorry Charlie
Seton Hall
DePaul

---------------------------------------------------------

America-12

NCAA
Cincy
Memphis
Temple

NIT
none

Sorry Charlie
UConn
Tulane
USF
Tulsa
UCF
SMU'
Houston
ECU

Reaction Score
This won't carry over to next year. Take Villanova. They have some brutal losses. If you take away the wins vs Syracuse, UConn, and Louisville(which they wont have next year), Nova with its one signature win vs Georgetown wouldnt make the dance. Georgetown, without two wins vs Syracuse, UConn, etc. wouldnt be a 1-2 seed. And it trickle downs from there. When the C-7 goes to 10 teams, my guess is it wil become a 4 team, 5 team in a great year, bid league.

Reaction Score
Ummm...sorry, but the NIT is not "dancing". It's more like what Elaine Benes did at the office party.

elaine-benes-photo-credit-nbc1-300x225.jpg

Reaction Score
There have been many years where the Big 5 conferences have put 4 teams or less in the tournament. Didn't the PAC 12 have one last year? 4 teams in the dance is a decent showing.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We would love an NIT bid right now. My only quibble with the OP is that UConn would be an NCAA team if not for the ridiculous post-season ban, so if he is comparing quality, UConn should be counted as an NCAA team.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I see that Butler is going to be in the new Catholic East or whatever you want to call it. Did they convert to Catholicism and nobody told me?? Why Butler?

Reaction Score
I see that Butler is going to be in the new Catholic East or whatever you want to call it. Did they convert to Catholicism and nobody told me?? Why Butler?

They need a "name school" to go along with G-Town to carry the top of the conference.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
They need a "name school" to go along with G-Town to carry the top of the conference.
What about Marquette? Also, wouldn't LaSalle have been a good fit? Probably Villanova vetoed it to protect the Philadelphia market.

Reaction Score
It's called the big east. I know butler is a Christian school are they a catholic school.

Marq, nova, butler and gtown are tourney teams from there next year. Maybe, maybe St. John's gets their act together enough to get in.

Uconn, ville, temple, cincy and Memphis will be in the tourney next year from the new conference.

Year one it will be 5-4.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's called the big east. I know butler is a Christian school are they a catholic school.

Marq, nova, butler and gtown are tourney teams from there next year. Maybe, maybe St. John's gets their act together enough to get in.

Uconn, ville, temple, cincy and Memphis will be in the tourney next year from the new conference.

Year one it will be 5-4.
Ville is still part of the America 12. It could be 5-5 next year! But this whole thing is ridiculous because it's projecting current performance on future outcomes.

Cuse is a good example of how reputation belies outcome!!!

Reaction Score
We would love an NIT bid right now. My only quibble with the OP is that UConn would be an NCAA team if not for the ridiculous post-season ban, so if he is comparing quality, UConn should be counted as an NCAA team.

Below the hard deck does not count

Reaction Score
Ville is still part of the America 12. It could be 5-5 next year! But this whole thing is ridiculous because it's projecting current performance on future outcomes.

Cuse is a good example of how reputation belies outcome!!!
I counted ville. So it would be 5-4 the conference are in

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I counted ville. So it would be 5-4 the conference are in
Dang! I didn't read it carefully. Had the 5-4 reversed as well!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

Year one it will be 5-4.
I checked Wickipedia and it says Butler is a private, non-denominational, liberal arts university.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom