Butler at UCONN cancelled | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Butler at UCONN cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
It wouldn't surprised me if bigger schools led a movement that lobbied the NCAA to allow them to play more than 31 regular season games next year to compensate for the loss of games and revenue the last few years. This 33-35 game season would then find a way to stick around forever.

Reaction Score
Vote Now Election 2020 GIF by INTO ACTION

Reaction Score
Glass half full, hopefully Sanogo can get fully healthy and in game shape

Reaction Score
According to the CDC, after the 5 day isolation from a positive test there should be 5 days of mask-wearing (instead of 10 days of isolation).

So, no, they would not be playing games.
Try again. I bet you can figure it out with a second chance at it.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
UConn has no say
I'm not sure about that? We've seen schools posting on Twitter looking for games, and at least last year I know some were created that way. Not saying we can but... maybe? Let me hold out some hope here, ok? :D

Reaction Score
I'm not sure about that? We've seen schools posting on Twitter looking for games, and at least last year I know some were created that way. Not saying we can but... maybe? Let me hold out some hope here, ok? :D
Used to be the case and still is for non-conf, but conf make up games are all done by the conference this year.

Reaction Score
It wouldn't surprised me if bigger schools led a movement that lobbied the NCAA to allow them to play more than 31 regular season games next year to compensate for the loss of games and revenue the last few years. This 33-35 game season would then find a way to stick around forever.
Doubt it, honestly. Once you get more they will never go back and the season has already crept earlier and earlier. Used to start Thanksgiving weekend. Now it starts Mid November. And the major schools won’t want to interfere with football any more than they already do. They are not reliant on basketball ticket sales for revenue. The Mid-majors are the ones hurt by Covid cancellations, not the Power 5 and it ain’t happening without P5.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Used to be the case and still is for non-conf, but conf make up games are all done by the conference this year.
Ah, thanks for clarifying that for me - bummer but I get it. Hopefully BE steps up with all the cancellations and tries to squeeze some games in.

Reaction Score
I admire the dedication yall show to still get mad about college basketball given the current state of the world.
That such the popular and trendy thing to say. If you support cancelled games then you are anti UConn. I guess you shouldn’t root for UConn in March then because there will be more important things going on.

Reaction Score
Narrow view. It’s the kids livelihoods and their careers. It’s a lot more than a game at this level.
Athletes are being used for profit by the global corporatocracy, even after getting the vaccine.

Reaction Score
Narrow view. It’s the kids livelihoods and their careers. It’s a lot more than a game at this level.
I agree that there's nothing wrong with kvetching about cancelled games on a college basketball message board, but your comment is melodramatic, and probably inaccurate. If career-affecting stuff is happening, it's happening to everyone, so, on average, one would not expect the current players to be negatively affected (future career-wise) relative to their peers.

Also, you might not know what the phrase "narrow view" means.

Reaction Score
@navery12 @Get a Job

Are you guys aware of the risk level of covid to these athletes at their age? It’s minimal at best..

I understand there are people in higher risk categories. But at this point they are either vaccinated or have the option to stay home and not engage with others.

The argument for testing asymptomatic young athletes and punishing them via quarantine is weak.

You are accomplishing nothing yet interfering with their livelihoods.

Of course the cautious approach is always well revered but it doesn’t mean it’s the right approach for everyone…

I think people in your camp of thought are indeed being selfish while assuming you are doing the right thing

At some point we will have to let people live their lives..

Reaction Score
@navery12 @Get a Job

Are you guys aware of the risk level of covid to these athletes at their age? It’s minimal at best..

I understand there are people in higher risk categories. But at this point they are either vaccinated or have the option to stay home and not engage with others.

The argument for testing asymptomatic young athletes and punishing them via quarantine is weak.

You are accomplishing nothing yet interfering with their livelihoods.

Of course the cautious approach is always well revered but it doesn’t mean it’s the right approach for everyone…

I think people in your camp of thought are indeed being selfish while assuming you are doing the right thing

At some point we will have to let people live their lives..
How is missing some games affecting their livelihoods? If you can convince me of that, I'd be more amenable to your argument. I do think that the dangers to the players and society of loosening the protocols are low and trending further downward. I just don't think, in the "broad" view, that there is a big cost to erring on the side of caution as it pertains to college basketball.

Reaction Score
There has been no greater harm than the harm we've given our young people by shutting down schools, closing parks and playgrounds, cancelling sports, isolating them, and covering their faces with masks for 2 years. The effects will be felt for generations.

Reaction Score
Ironically, there is no mention of the players' well-being, bestowing thoughts and prayers that they overcome such a burdened disease. We know why, cynically, everyone- except politicized science deniers- understands that there is zero risk to UConn basketball players in playing basketball. Why UConn can't proceed using that assumption is baffling.

Reaction Score
There has been no greater harm than the harm we've given our young people by shutting down schools, closing parks and playgrounds, cancelling sports, isolating them, and covering their faces with masks for 2 years. The effects will be felt for generations.
Damn, I would have thought it was still rapes and murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom