Buffalo - No UConn Ticket Sellout? | The Boneyard

Buffalo - No UConn Ticket Sellout?

Reaction Score
Hearing unofficially that UConn did not sellout their ticket allocation in Buffalo. I wonder how much of that had to do with Dave Benedict recently announced significant tickets/seat donations increases. Against the backdrop of his compensation doubling, despite his department running a $47 million decifit.

The Big East tournament UConn tickets were sold before the announcement.

I don’t like bringing this up on game day, but it is already being talked about in Buffalo that UConn did not sell out as did so many other schools. Maybe some UConn fans are going the secondary market route?

At any rate, not good optics.

Reaction Score
Hearing unofficially that UConn did not sellout their ticket allocation in Buffalo. I wonder how much of that had to do with Dave Benedict recently announced significant tickets/seat donations increases. Against the backdrop of his compensation doubling, despite his department running a $47 million decifit.

I don’t like bringing this up on game day, but it is already being talked about in Buffalo that UConn did not sell out as did so many other schools. Maybe some UConn fans are going the secondary market route?

your ability to pull negative takes on people out of thin air is remarkable. Will the ticket price increases end up harming the program next year? Certainly possible. Time will tell. But did a material amount of fans decide not to go to Buffalo at this year’s prices because of an increase in ticket prices for next year?

Come on. Even a pot stirring troll can do better than that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember when Lew Perkins didn’t even bother to put tickets on sale.

Reaction Score

Maybe it has to do with the fact that Buffalo is "in our backyard" as they say and retail is for suckers? Just guessing. Bet there is a spike today.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
NYC >>>>>>> Buffalo?

Location location location. Big difference between two hours and 9 hours. Just saying

As stated previously, I don’t believe next year's ticket policy has anything to do with this year's tournament ticket sales. If this game was either closer or a more attractive location, we sell more

Reaction Score

I couldn't care less about the optics and what's being talked about in Buffalo. The only thing I care about at this point is the team taking care of business against New Mexico State.

Reaction Score
NYC >>>>>>> Buffalo?

Location location location. Big difference between two hours and 9 hours. Just saying

As stated previously, I don’t believe next year's ticket policy has anything to do with this year's tournament ticket sales. If this game was either closer or a more attractive location, we sell more
For NCAA tournament venues, Buffalo is relatively close. What will happen if we actually travel to the West Regionals?

Reaction Score
who the hell wants to drive to Buffalo?
LOL - You could fly there too!
Just saying people here were bragging about how UConn travels well and in this instance it’s not the case.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
your ability to pull negative takes on people out of thin air is remarkable. Will the ticket price increases end up harming the program next year? Certainly possible. Time will tell. But did a material amount of fans decide not to go to Buffalo at this year’s prices because of an increase in ticket prices for next year?

Come on. Even a pot stirring troll can do better than that.
People from other schools were asking what’s going on? They heard the narrative UConn is back and then we don’t sell out our allocation. Additionally, despite what you read here, we are viewed as being relatively nearby. I also think, we don’t know the answer yet, to the question you so cavalierly dismiss.
As for being negative, my last thread is a very positive thread about Andre Drummond finding the right destination. And yes there was negative content on there but in disagreement with my thesis.

Reaction Score
I swear people don't know where Buffalo is. Yeah, it's in New York state, which is pretty damn big. Buffalo is closer to Cleveland than it is to Connecticut.
Been there on business a few times and yes Cleveland is nearby. However, nationally the actual distance between Buffalo and CT is not considered far. When I moved to Central CT, I was taken by how people viewed anything across the river as a bridge too far.

Reaction Score
NYC >>>>>>> Buffalo?

It’s a 6 hour and minutes drive if you take highways. A near 9 hour if for some reason you won’t drive interstates.

Reaction Score
It’s a 6 hour and minutes drive if you take highways. A near 9 hour if for some reason you won’t drive interstates.
A big factor I think is people have to take 2 days off from work because it's a Thursday night game. It's too far to drive home after the game, factor in the cost of a hotel, meals. Friday night may have been a different story.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Chief, the only thing making this situation worse is you posting about it and manufacturing a bigger problem out of nothing.

I'm going to guess it has nothing to do with the season ticket price increase, and everything to do with Buffalo being a miserable 6 hour+ drive from CT. I don't see any direct flights out of Hartford either.

People who have an issue with the season ticket price increase probably aren't the ones willing to travel all the way to Buffalo and dish out for a live NCAA tournament game anyway.

And, speaking for myself- I attended the Big East tournament last weekend, and exhausted some vacation time from work. I don't really feel like traveling again this weekend, to a place that's much farther away and harder to get to, and would require more vacation time and money spent. I'd rather chill at home and watch all the other games too.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Stop the nonsense. UCONN travels well. I've been to a number of neutral site and away games in multiple sports, including football, that sounded like UCONN home games. One of my favorite memories was watching Notre Dame football sing to their fans at the end of the game and being drowned out by U!C!O!N!N! UCONN! UCONN! UCONN!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Stop the nonsense. UCONN travels well. I've been to a number of neutral site and away games in multiple sports, including football, that sounded like UCONN home games. One of my favorite memories was watching Notre Dame football sing to their fans at the end of the game and being drowned out by U!C!O!N!N! UCONN! UCONN! UCONN!

Chief is actually accurate in this instance though.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I too remember the good old days of the OBE
To be honest, the UConn crowds at this years NBE tournament were noticeably less dense than in the good old days
Perhaps the inflationary environment is having more impact on UConn fans - travel wise
BTW - no I am not attending the Buffalo games - Ive had enough of winter

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Dude just crawl into a hole. Midweek game against a team no UCONN fan knows in Buffalo? I mean it's definitely a destination spot we've all been hoarding our time off for, RIGHT?

Reaction Score
A big factor I think is people have to take 2 days off from work because it's a Thursday night game. It's too far to drive home after the game, factor in the cost of a hotel, meals. Friday night may have been a different story.
That’s a fair observation.

Reaction Score
It was easier to get to the Battle for Atlantis than Buffalo.

Reaction Score
Dude just crawl into a hole. Midweek game against a team no UCONN fan knows in Buffalo? I mean it's definitely a destination spot we've all been hoarding our time off for, RIGHT?
When you are successful at something you don’t make excuses. Other schools are finding a way to sell their tickets. Your condescending appoarch borders BL’s, you can have fun in Buffalo. And if you want culture, you can go to the Frank Lloyd Wright Martin House or your nearest bowling alley if that’s your preference. LOL

Reaction Score
It was easier to get to the Battle for Atlantis than Buffalo.
It’s like driving to DC without the traffic - 6 hours - unless you are like some here and avoid tolls/highways - then it’s 9 hours.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom