Bubble teams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bubble teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Selective memory Yonick. You seem to be forgetting a few of the blow outs. The dunk fest at the XL center when your players cried loud enough for announcers to hear; we can't stop Weymii Efejuku! And of course the aryan Gomes "I f-Ed up" game. Listen, I'm not one of those guys who thinks uconn is dead and buried in hoops; but it's laughable for you to think that one game where your goalie stood on his head announces your presence in HE. Ask UMass; hi key is a grind. And I'd be careful modeling yourself after QU; unless you are looking for more attention from the NCAA.

But you guys don't care about PC....
Selective memory Yonick. You seem to be forgetting a few of the blow outs. The dunk fest at the XL center when your players cried loud enough for announcers to hear; we can't stop Weymii Efejuku! And of course the aryan Gomes "I f-Ed up" game. Listen, I'm not one of those guys who thinks uconn is dead and buried in hoops; but it's laughable for you to think that one game where your goalie stood on his head announces your presence in HE. Ask UMass; hi key is a grind. And I'd be careful modeling yourself after QU; unless you are looking for more attention from the NCAA.

But you guys don't care about PC....
Selective responses on your part Sean. You ignore the PC excuses, as opposed to UConn's overcoming roadblocks to achieve success, without making excuses. You make excuses for the hockey loss to us.
First, that hockey loss, even though you complain the UConn goalie made 58 saves, but it was still a loss, equivalent to that of a D-II calliber team. The complaint that the goalie made 58 saves is just another excuse on your part. It's part of the game. UConn won the game. No excuses.
I use Quinnipiac as an example, not a model, because 6-7 short years ago they were in the same conference as UConn. Look what they accomplished in a short time. If they can do it, so can UConn. I know they recruit a lot of mature Canadiens. But, if you are inferring QU is doing something illegal come out with your info.
BTW, UConn seems to be recruiting HS & Junior players. We will eventually become a hockey presence. Bottom line is our win over PC probably knocked PC out of the top 10, jeapordizing your tourney chances.
The PC hoop wins, over UConn, did nothing to hurt our tourney chances. You mention the Calhoun response to the late Dave Solomon as a
feather in PC's cap. Hummm, knock, knock....we won the NC a month and a half later. The rebounding game you mention was one of 2 UConn loses, to PC, that year. Those are the last 2 games you won in all of Feb/Mar. Is that what you want PC's hoop legacy to be?
Finally, speaking of blowouts, 5 years ago UConn clobbered PC by 30+. Do UConn fans throw that in PC folk faces. Nope, UConn fans prefer to remember -4 that year.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Do you think losing a starting PG and the consensus pick for BE rookie of the year has had an affect on PCs season?

Yes.

But a much better question is how do you get to another team's message board so quickly and so often . . . and why?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Honestly, I think UCONN fans wouldn't care much for PC, who at this point, is pretty much an after thought for the rest of MCBB, if PC fans didn't come on our board and act like they are part of the big boys club.

There are lots of teams who have beaten UCONN over the years. There are barely a handful of teams who have 3 NC's, and have made a seamless transition from a HOF coach to a young, energetic up and comer. Frankly, aside from the message board fans, who probably represent about 1/100th of UCONN fans across the US, the remaining 99% are probably unaware that PC even has a men's hoops team. After all, that's about the amount of success they've had this century...

0 NCAA appearances in the last decade and 2 NCAA appearances this century. WOW. About the equivalent of Detroit.

Reaction Score
Bubble Boy showed up!! LOL…….

He was trying his best to impersonate a Cuse fan I guess, you know embarrassing himself with his replies! But hey CT it's entertainment between games!

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Just on "bubble teams" in general (lol skipped what turns out to be a ridiculous thread): I love when there's just a month of the regular season and conference tournament left. Games are gonna be haaard fought and this is where you start looking for your Cinderella(s). I loved watching Mizz play Arkansas. Arkansas trying to get a quality road win while the home team is trying to solidify their spot in the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom