bryce | The Boneyard

bryce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im a huge baseball guy. i may not show it here but it is my #1 sport and i eat sleep it....i don't get all the hate for him and ppl that say hes a dick or cocky etc. does he have some flare? sure, but hes just a kid. i see a fantastic ath and baseball player that is years away from his peak. i see paul o'neil type passion in his body language between the lines. i think he really is a special player. it almost comes across to me that his passion for the game is somewhat like bobby knight in bball. it just oozes great to me. i'm a yankee fan but i have rooted for the nats for a while as a bit of a closet guy just being a underdog/new team interest wise. i'm really looking forward to watching him with post season lights on.

Reaction Score
Oh to be the Washington Nationals. In 23 year-old Stephen Strasburg and 19 year-old Bryce Harper they have potentially the best starting pitcher and best position player in baseball. Harper is particularly interesting because he was a catcher in high school with a reputation of a cannon for an arm. But I think the Nats want to keep him in the outfield to prolong his career.

But cheer up, Harper will be a free agent in 2016 and Strasburg in 2017. Cashman will be waiting with the big bucks. He need them. Boros already has Strasburg under contract.

Reaction Score
Harper grew up as a Yankees fan and still is. He openly roots for the Yankees on Twitter ...

By that time, Jeter might be gone as well as Mo. Unfortunately, TEX and AROD's contracts will still be there ....

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Werth's contract will expire in 2017 I think. Keeping that in mind they will likely be able to pay for Harper when his time comes. And assuming he and Stras (along with the rest of that rotation which is generally overshadowed by Stras) stay healthy, the team should remain at or near the top of the division. If they keep winning, they should keep selling tickets. Keep selling tickets and you can easily dish out two contracts to the faces of your franchise.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
However, even if the Nats do have the money, Harper might be the type of guy who has his sights set on the big stage (NY) and it might actually take more money from the Nats to keep him there as opposed to getting a hometown discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom