Bryant game | The Boneyard

Bryant game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn scored 3 in the 1st. Siena & Melley drove in runs with singles. Jolin is on the hill.

Reaction Score
Great start for the offense but now already in the bottom of the 1st, Jolin gets the first 2 guys out but now 3 hits 2 walks later and an error on Daniello and it's all tied up at 3 and Bryant still batting. Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
You can watch a live stream of the game on the Bryant page. First Jolin, now Butler getting hammered. 6-3 Bryant bottom of the 2nd. So much for the early lead. 2 errors haven't helped either. Seems our defense as the year has gone along has gotten worse and reverted back to last years form.

Reaction Score
If you listen to Penders, UConn is suffering from a lack of confidence. Seems their hitting woes are spreading to other areas of their game, such as fielding. UConn has scored a couple of runs in the top of the 4th. With the scoring and pitching changes, this is probably going to be a long game.

Interesting that Stanley Paul is playing after being glued to the bench much of the season. Of course, Verdi isn't playing, perhaps due to his ongoing back problems.

Reaction Score
I went out to walk the dog (German Shepherd), and came back in to find that the Huskies had taken a 7-6 lead. Feehan is still in there pitching in the 6th inning, I believe.

Reaction Score
A Ryan Moore sighting! Not only that, but he throws a 1-2-3 7th inning.

Reaction Score
8-6 UConn bottom of 8th, 2 down for Bryant. Mahoney pitching

Reaction Score
A two out rally in the 9th puts across three runs for UConn. 11-6 Huskies, bottom of 9th.

Reaction Score
Nice game for Yavarone, 3 hits and 4 RBI's. Bottom of the lineup played well today. Did anyone catch the absolute boneheaded play by Mazzilli. Top of the 6th when the score was 7-6 UConn and we had 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and they were intentionally walking him to load up the bases. The count was 3-0 and I guess on the 4th pitch the pitcher threw it close enough to the plate that Mazzilli swung and hit a very soft grounder back to the second baseman who then got the runner caught up trying to go home. My goodness, take the walk and load them up with 1 out. They get out of the inning with no additional runs scoring. That just shows how terrible impatient of a batter that Mazzilli is. I have been on him all year for swinging at the first pitch too much but this one takes the cake. Good thing they didn't have to look back on that if they had lost the game.

Reaction Score
Nice game for Yavarone, 3 hits and 4 RBI's. Bottom of the lineup played well today. Did anyone catch the absolute boneheaded play by Mazzilli. Top of the 6th when the score was 7-6 UConn and we had 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and they were intentionally walking him to load up the bases. The count was 3-0 and I guess on the 4th pitch the pitcher threw it close enough to the plate that Mazzilli swung and hit a very soft grounder back to the second baseman who then got the runner caught up trying to go home. My goodness, take the walk and load them up with 1 out. They get out of the inning with no additional runs scoring. That just shows how terrible impatient of a batter that Mazzilli is. I have been on him all year for swinging at the first pitch too much but this one takes the cake. Good thing they didn't have to look back on that if they had lost the game.

Can't imagine that CTP didn't give him a WTF somewhere after the game for that one. Many are just pressing too hard.

Game Notes:- Will Jolin made his first career start in his 50th career appearance.
- Stanley Paul made his debut in the lead-off spot.
- Billy Ferriter recorded his 15th multi-hit game of the season, while Yavarone posted his 13th.
- Ferriter's team-leading 10th double of the season was his first hit in nine bases loaded chances.
- Yavarone notched a career-high four RBI and the third three-hit game of his career.
- Dan Feehan made his 84th career appearance and is now three back of David Erickson (2005-09) for first all-time.
- Ryan Moore made his first appearance out of the bullpen in eights; last pitching at Villanova (Apr. 12).
- UConn posted double digit runs for the fifth time this season.
- The Huskies are 7-3 on the year against New England opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom