Brutal | The Boneyard

Brutal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That was not a very good team that just came across the country and beat us at home. Hopefully we can learn how to play against a zone.

Reaction Score
People on this board are upset we were left off a national championship contender list. We're not very good. We are shabazz with random Daniels stretches and an occasional giffey three. Boat is wildly inconsistent, Omar has been awful in all facets of the game this year. Ollie needs to bench him. We play lazy and disinterested and blow any lead we manage to get.

So far we blew an 18 pt lead to a decent Maryland team. Beat a terrible bc team at the buzzer and barely beat an average Indiana team and now lost at home to a Stanford team that lost to Pitt by 20 and gave up 113 pts to byu at home! This isn't one game anymore. It's every game. We just aren't very good. I keep waiting for it to click but I think this is what we are
An inconsistent team with no bigs who is god awful when the threes aren't falling

Did I miss anything??

Reaction Score
This team will go nowhere unless they learn to put teams away! If you want to stop UConn all you have to do is play zone against them. The guard play tonight was terrible. A lot of selfish play, no passing, no movement and chucking up prayers from 25 feet! It looked like Bazz from 2 years ago. There is absolutely no inside play at all. Our guards don't even look to pass inside or even drive to the hoop. Everyone is in love with the 3. This team is OVER RATED! Until they can put teams away, we will be one and done in the tourney. We beat Loyola by 10 for Christ Sake. We beat BC by two! OLLIE WAS OUTCOACHED TONIGHT! Stanford just sat in their zone and watched us play "hot potato" around the three point line. We scored 13 points in the second half! 13! My son's 11U hoops team scores more points and has better shot selection. Embarrassing!

Reaction Score
Yes you did. You missed the part about a very talented roster of players with a very large hole in the middle offensively. Anything at all inside changes the whole world for our guards. KO can't plant and grow us a Kevin Freeman overnight can't he?

Reaction Score
Yes you did. You missed the part about a very talented roster of players with a very large hole in the middle offensively. Anything at all inside changes the whole world for our guards. KO can't plant and grow us a Kevin Freeman overnight can't he?
if Omar and Boat score like they did last season these close wins and now close loss turn into wins with bigger margins. Obviously a big man would help but when you have two main cogs from last season who averaged dbl figures and played well in big games basically struggle to put points on the board, the offense is gonna have issues. Boat literally can barely put points on the board or make field goals against the major conf teams they've played. He has mostly passed well, but he looks like somebody zapped his ability to score out of his body, he can't even create space to get shots up.

Reaction Score
He's very athletic and talented but not a large person, so a 6'2 guard or taller is a challenge to get off on. He goes inside and gets stuffed many times. I don't hang this on him.

Reaction Score

The talent is overrated is what I'm saying. I agree 100% about no front court. But that's part of the overall roster. Our backcourt isn't nearly as
Good as everyone thinks. Shabazz is the best player in the country but boat is an inconsistent combo guard without a real position or reliable shot and Omar just flat out stinks. Giffey isn't a guard and kromah is a great reserve. But where is all this talent? Besides bazz and Daniels there isn't a ton. Or if its there it's wildly inconsistent

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
We played a pretty good first half. But I want know why we were not running the fast break in the second half? I knew we would lose in a half court game. We needed to run and we didn't.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He's very athletic and talented but not a large person, so a 6'2 guard or taller is a challenge to get off on. He goes inside and gets stuffed many times. I don't hang this on him.

Plenty of small guys can score. That's not been his problem. You have to think he'll come around eventually. I hope.

D

Deleted member 3149

Feels like it didn't even happen... How was that second half so bad? The blame is on the team as a whole

Reaction Score
So now we are not any good?

We were good enough to beat Florida.

The same players were good enough to beat Michigan State and Syracuse last year.

Are these players getting better? The answer is so far for many of them, no. The margin of error too thin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom