Brunelle To ND | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brunelle To ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
if that's true, Geno better have somebody great signed sealed and delivered because otherwise that could become a big issue
I’ve watched a lot of Brunelle, and she’s clearly a very solid, all-around player. At the same time, it’s difficult to gauge her athleticism as she tends to dominate against weaker competition in HS in VA.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sam Brunelle will apparently not need any official visits -- which started yesterday -- to make her decision on what college to attend.

While I know this subject has been discussed very often, there is a definite time frame set now it could (might?) make sense to have one thread to use. In any case, here you go.

Brunelle set to announce college decision

If memory serves correct, the choice will come from among:

- UConn
- Duke
- Kentucky
- North Carolina State
- Notre Dame
- South Carolina
- University of Virginia
- Wake Forest

If I'm missing anyone, please let me know and I'll add....

She's head to you know where @Dillon77. The only good thing about that day for this Husky fan is its falling on a Sunday means I get to the 17th to file.

Reaction Score
As a big ND fan and alum, I sure hope so, but we've been burned before. Came so close to many top recruits, especially the last couple of years. I'll believe it when I see it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As a big ND fan and alum, I sure hope so, but we've been burned before. Came so close to many top recruits, especially the last couple of years. I'll believe it when I see it.
Pessimism is a good thing. Last year many Husky fans were convinced Megan Walker was heading to South Bend so we were all overjoyed when she chose UConn.

I think Brunelle is heading your way.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Assuming Dolphin is correct, and UConn backed off Brunelle, even though she was a strong lean towards the Huskies, that can only mean that UConn has their sites set on one or more talented wings/forwards in the 2019 Class who they feel are a better fit at UConn. The names most often mentioned are Haley Jones & Amihere.

I wouldn't mind snaring TheBlackQueen. We like Canadians. And she likes to quote a particular Husky fan.

Swish Appeal (@SwishAppeal) | Twitter

Laeticia Amihere (@_Theblackqueen_) | Twitter

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hey after ND's run through the tourney this year and the amount of attention it got, your team may be the hot new program that every top recruit wants to be a part of. Who wouldn't want to join a team that knocks down game winning shots at the buzzer in front of a national TV audience?

Reaction Score
Assuming Dolphin is correct, and UConn backed off Brunelle, even though she was a strong lean towards the Huskies, that can only mean that UConn has their sites set on one or more talented wings/forwards in the 2019 Class who they feel are a better fit at UConn. The names most often mentioned are Haley Jones & Amihere.
Bingo! Air Amihere is the prize. Fill the Canadian seat on the court. And get Aliyah Boston in the post. All is well in Husky Land.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Seems to be a reasonable interpretation of what is going on..

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Pessimism is a good thing. Last year many Husky fans were convinced Megan Walker was heading to South Bend so we were all overjoyed when she chose UConn.

I think Brunelle is heading your way.

I very much hope she's headed our way. However, as my former frosh football coach once (strongly) suggested, "don't get too high, don't get too low and when you get in the end zone, smile a bit but act like you've been there."

Stay tuned (but...Go Irish!)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If she picks ND, it’ll be the first number one recruit that Muffet has landed since Michelle Marciniak back in 1991.

Notre Dame needs to haul in a solid 2019 class if they want to remain a perennial top 5 team. They lose 4 if contributors next year and didn’t land any top 10 kids for 2017 and 2018. I think Muffet will figure out a way to make magic happen, but it’ll be a lot easier if Brunelle comes to South Bend.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I very much hope she's headed our way. However, as my former frosh football coach once (strongly) suggested, "don't get too high, don't get too low and when you get in the end zone, smile a bit but act like you've been there."

Stay tuned (but...Go Irish!)
As a lineman, I scored one TD my entire HS & College career. When one of our DB’s stuck out his hand to congratulate me, I jumped on him, knocking him over on his ass.

Obviously, I hadn’t been there before or since. :oops:

Reaction Score
Think Air Amihere.

sure would be happy to have her but she's a total wild card............I don't think anybody knows which way she's leaning................would be nice if Kia put in a good word........... certainly would enjoy her and ONO flying up and down the court together

Reaction Score
Missing out on Burckers, could just really open the door for Van Lith, both players seem like they would fit the Uconn player profile.

I like Van Lithe but Bueckers is the best all around prospect I've seen for her age ever..............she could play for UConn right now and she's still a soph in high school

Reaction Score
Brunelle. Bueckers, and Fudd are all signed, sealed, and delivered to ND.

Reaction Score
I like Van Lithe but Bueckers is the best all around prospect I've seen for her age ever....she could play for UConn right now and she's still a soph in high school

Stop it!

Reaction Score
Brunelle. Bueckers, and Fudd are all signed, sealed, and delivered to ND.

I wouldn't necessarily believe that.............package deals are often spoken about but rarely happen..................there's way too much time before Bueckers and Fudd can sign to know where they end up...............everybody around here is acting like ND will get every great recruit because they won a single NC...............geez..................if they lose in the round of 16 next year does everybody jump ship!!.................even UConn missed out on some awesome talent after they won four NCs in a row........

Reaction Score
I like Van Lithe but Bueckers is the best all around prospect I've seen for her age ever....she could play for UConn right now and she's still a soph in high school
Bet not.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I’ve watched a lot of Brunelle, and she’s clearly a very solid, all-around player. At the same time, it’s difficult to gauge her athleticism as she tends to dominate against weaker competition in HS in VA.

I think those who are acutely interested in such things have watched her plenty and have gauged her athleticism.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think those who are acutely interested in such things have watched her plenty and have gauged her athleticism.
Clearly, if Geno & UConn cooled on Brunelle, there’s a good reason. William Monroe HS is in the Northwest part of VA, near the Shenandoah Valley. A lot of the teams they regularly play are from rural areas.

The hotbeds of VA basketball are the DC suburbs, Hampton Roads & the greater Richmond area where MW is from.

It’s noteworthy that the first time this season that Monroe played any team outside of their region, was the 2nd round of the state playoffs vs Hopewell, from just outside of Richmond.

Hopewell hammered Monroe by 21 pts, and while Brunelle had 22 pts in a losing effort, she did not have a good shooting night, while being outplayed by a freshman who was guarding her.

Reaction Score
Clearly, if Geno & UConn cooled on Brunelle, there’s a good reason. William Monroe HS is in the Northwest part of VA, near the Shenandoah Valley. A lot of the teams they regularly play are from rural areas.

Hopewell hammered Monroe by 21 pts, and while Brunelle had 22 pts in a losing effort, she did not have a good shooting night, while being outplayed by a freshman who was guarding her.

I'd be thrilled if SB chose UConn but I'm sure there are some that aren't 100% sold that she's going to dominate at the college level............doesn't shoot as well from KLS (who does) but has a better inside game............that still sounds pretty good in my book

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'd be thrilled if SB chose UConn but I'm sure there are some that aren't 100% sold that she's going to dominate at the college level..doesn't shoot as well from KLS (who does) but has a better inside game..that still sounds pretty good in my book
The early take on SB was that she was a more physical version of Lou, and certainly her rebounds and inside scoring in HS seems to bear that out. But I got to tell you, when you look at a lot of SB’s highlights she’s putting up big numbers against teams that lack size, athleticism or both. That doesn’t mean that SB won’t be really good at the next level, but there’s clearly a reason that UConn backed off.

Reaction Score
The early take on SB was that she was a more physical version of Lou, and certainly her rebounds and inside scoring in HS seems to bear that out. But I got to tell you, when you look at a lot of SB’s highlights she’s putting up big numbers against teams that lack size, athleticism or both. That doesn’t mean that SB won’t be really good at the next level, but there’s clearly a reason that UConn backed off.

unfortunately like most of the UConn recruiting/transfer stories, we'll probably never know what really happened but we'll certainly find out what kind of player SB turns out to be........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom