SG Bruce Brown (Miami Commit) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

SG Bruce Brown (Miami Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
If he comes to 2015 he's the guy as is Carter right now.
If Smith or Hardnett commit today, do they accept and stop recruiting Carter?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not saying we wouldn't take him. Saying he isn't plan A next year. Plan A is very likely Tyus Battle who, at this point on their careers, is a better player....

We're dead with Battle.

Not happening.

Reaction Score
If Smith or Hardnett commit today, do they accept and stop recruiting Carter?
Carter is the main guy of the three for sure and will be visiting in the next few weeks from who I talked to very close to Carter. We can afford to have Smith and Hardnett hold off to them and would likely have them hold off a commitment. It quite sure about Smith but I'm under the belief that Hardnett's offer is contingent on not getting Carter. Tcf15 talked about this in another thread after Hardnett's offer was announced.

Reaction Score
What about Marcus Lovett? I read something where getting qualified might be a concern, I know St. J0hn's has been after him. I want Carter and Brown and they seem like the best bet, I just don't see Smith and Hardnett as UConn level players.

Reaction Score
So they're gonna stop recruiting Brown if he's not a 2015 recruit?

Seems like a strange recruiting strategy.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What about Marcus Lovett? I read something where getting qualified might be a concern, I know St. J0hn's has been after him. I want Carter and Brown and they seem like the best bet, I just don't see Smith and Hardnett as UConn level players.

I don't think Lovett is a viable option - after cutting Cosby loose today, watch for Illinois there.

Not sure I have a preference past that....maybe these guys aren't what we expected going in, but at this stage, it's any port in a storm.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
I want Carter and Brown and they seem like the best bet, I just don't see Smith and Hardnett as UConn level players.
Hardnett has offers from Georgetown, Cal, Memphis and Wichita State, to name four. That doesn't scream "future star," but it definitely doesn't scream "future scrub," either.

Smith has offers from Texas A&M (their recruiting class is top 5), Memphis, Xavier, Wichita State and Clemson. Again... not a future star, but not a future scrub.

I think we're going to have to get used to going down our list for the guys who fill out our recruiting classes, and trusting in the program to turn these guys into contributors by year 3.

Reaction Score
I really want this kid in a UConn jersey. Again, not saying he'll be anything close to as good as Westbrook but his style of play reminds me of him. He is really athletic and brings a football style to the court, kid is a gamer.

Reaction Score
Not saying we wouldn't take him. Saying he isn't plan A next year. Plan A is very likely Tyus Battle who, at this point on their careers, is a better player. Similar to any position any other year the staff has their pecking order as to who they want at each postion.

If he comes to 2015 he's the guy as is Carter right now.
At this point we should offer and take what ever fish jumps on the boat first. Or we can do what we did this year and continue to eat scholarships.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I really want this kid in a UConn jersey. Again, not saying he'll be anything close to as good as Westbrook but his style of play reminds me of him. He is really athletic and brings a football style to the court, kid is a gamer.

Just watched these. He looks good. He's got Swag. I know they're highlight reals, but the thing that worries me just a little, and I def would still want him, is I didnt see any jumpers in either reel. We need someone who can space the floor.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Good to hear. Seems like KO's making all three kids a real priority.

Have we heard anything more on Brown reclassing? Or whether SJM will stay as a '17, or is more likely to reclass to '16?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not sure why Ollie is wasting his time. New England kids don't count.

Shouldn't they already be locked up now? A program of UCONN's stature shouldn't even need New England kids to come to games. The end is nigh...

Reaction Score
any update on this kid? he went off for 25 today against Tilton.

Reaction Score
pnow15 said:
Can this kid shoot? Every shot was a lay up against rather lazy defense. Looks a lot like Sam Jr. Can't see where he is an improvement over Purvis. Can he shoot beyond two feet from the rim? A shooting guard has to be able to shoot the three ball. Traci Carter looks better. Can't see why Ollie would not play Adams as 2 with Carter or TSam at point. Add Purvis, TSam. Haven't even seen a pull up ten footer. Any other tapes?

You're the worst.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Looks great. But I wouldn't mind seeing a few jump shots. Anyone know if he can shoot?

Reaction Score
I like both Brown and Carter but if this kid can handle the ball well enough I'm taking him over Carter any day.

Reaction Score
I like both Brown and Carter but if this kid can handle the ball well enough I'm taking him over Carter any day.
Our (legit) scholarship players this year:

Senior
1. Omar Calhoun
2. Phil Nolan

Junior
3. Amida Brimah
4. Sam Cassell Jr.
5. Kentan Facey
6. Rodney Purvis
7. Terrance Samuel

Sophomore
8. Daniel Hamilton
9. Rakim Lubin

Freshman
10. Jalen Adams
11. Stephen Enoch

There are two spots left. We can take both, but I guess it's fair to suggest we'd like another big and a ball-handler. But I don't think we want to take another reach big. If no Stone (and, no Stone is likely) take both.

We can survive with Nolan-Facey-Brimah-Enoch-Lubin down low, with Hamilton playing the 4 for some stretches. It's not ideal, but getting a back-up for Adams, and a back-up for Purvis, is also important.

Samuel should be a 10-15 min. guy, and Cassell/Calhoun should be backing up 2 and 3...and really only getting extended minutes if they have it that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom