Brothers, tonight I'm hurtin real bad inside | The Boneyard

Brothers, tonight I'm hurtin real bad inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't believe it's over. Can't believe it came to this with this Great Conference. I know what happened, but WHAT THE duck HAPPENED? They took this Basketball Juggernaut, and they ripped it apart. The only conference that continually kicked the ACC in the nuts - they just killed it. My God.

Reaction Score
Can't believe it's over. Can't believe it came to this with this Great Conference. I know what happened, but WHAT THE duck HAPPENED? They took this Basketball Juggernaut, and they ripped it apart. The only conference that continually kicked the ACC in the nuts - they just killed it. My God.

I know, I know. Conference Realignment sucks big time. UConn deserves better. We will se what the future brings......

Reaction Score
I try not to think about it because it makes me angry and sad, it never should have happened. Reading the Syracuse board since they accepted the ACC invite and many of them say they could care less about the Big East being over and saying things like good riddance, now that is pathetic. If UConn one day is in the Big 10 or ACC I will still always look back on the Big East as the best conference I've ever seen in sports. So many amazing games, camaraderie between the schools and fans and so many magic weekends at the Garden, it simply will never be duplicated again.

Reaction Score
I know, I know. Conference Realignment sucks big time. UConn deserves better. We will se what the future brings......

It's not just UConn, it's all these Big East schools - they had a good thing, a GREAT thing, and they ruined it. Bunch of stupid money-grubbing nitwits, all of them. I hope UConn gets in the ACC or whatnot, but there's a part of me that doesn't give a - I'm a Big East guy, and I have a lot of trouble with UConn being associated with that Band of . And these schools coming in, I mean Who Are These People? I'm going to have to spend the off-season trying to wrap my head around the sheer stupidity of this entire thing and all the people who made it happen. I think about things like going down to the BET, and I just weep at what is left of that - not just that, EVERYTHING. It's sad, just sad.

Reaction Score
I try not to think about it because it makes me angry and sad, it never should have happened. Reading the Syracuse board since they accepted the ACC invite and many of them say they could care less about the Big East being over and saying things like good riddance, now that is pathetic. If UConn one day is in the Big 10 or ACC I will still always look back on the Big East as the best conference I've ever seen in sports. So many amazing games, camaraderie between the schools and fans and so many magic weekends at the Garden, it simply will never be duplicated again.

Amen. It was a special thing. A very very special thing.

Reaction Score
The ACC couldn't match the Big East Basketball product with its current inventory so it offered Big East schools money to stack it's inventory.

That and we fruckin listened to Pitt to reject the first offer.

Next year, the ACC can say "look at all our ranked teams!"

Reaction Score
Reading this thread is exactly why its so strange to read the PC board talking about how they "have the BE and MSG" and UCONN doesn't. Actually, they DON"T. They might have those two words "Big East".....but there's no Cuse, no PITT, No LVille, NO UCONN. And 67% of the NCAA tournament teams from the past decade are gone. 6 of the eight Final 4 teams of the past decade are gone. It's a conference name only.

Reaction Score
I hope you grabbed a beer and got a nice sloppy BJ John because you sounded like you needed it!!;)

a case of Sam's finest ale and Angelina Jolie's plump DSLs couldn't fully ease this grade of hurt

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

they're tired of being overrated, they're happy the Huskies and Hoyas can't kick their early exit a$$es any more

Reaction Score
As long as the letters on the uniform are UCONN I'll always feel proud when I watch them play. We had poor conference leadership and a paying the price. JC and Geno built a strong brand and uconn fans can be found from coast to coast.

We have to weather the storm for a while, but I firmly believe that KO will not only take this program to the final 4, but also another national championship. Conference realignment is far from over and we will land somewhere else, Keep your chins up fellow husky fans, we'll get there.

Reaction Score
Reading this thread is exactly why its so strange to read the PC board talking about how they "have the BE and MSG" and UCONN doesn't. Actually, they DON"T. They might have those two words "Big East".....but there's no Cuse, no PITT, No LVille, NO UCONN. And 67% of the NCAA tournament teams from the past decade are gone. 6 of the eight Final 4 teams of the past decade are gone. It's a conference name only.
They may have the BE name & MSG for their tourney. But, they have 4 of 7 teams that haven't been to the big dance in years. That's not going to excite them in the big apple.
And, they have an overpriced contract with Fox sports. They(Fox sports) are a new, and unknown quantity. Good luck with that. That might be like being on ESPN-3.
Finally, between UConn, Cincy, & USF, we get $110 mil of the exit fees. That tides us over until a bigger conference calls.
Calhoun was quoted, on outside the lines, as saying 110 hoops/football schools will break from the NCAA's eventually. If that happens, the C-7 (or whatever they are) will be as significant as D-1AA in football.

Reaction Score
As long as the letters on the uniform are UCONN I'll always feel proud when I watch them play. We had poor conference leadership and a paying the price. JC and Geno built a strong brand and uconn fans can be found from coast to coast.

We have to weather the storm for a while, but I firmly believe that KO will not only take this program to the final 4, but also another national championship. Conference realignment is far from over and we will land somewhere else, Keep your chins up fellow husky fans, we'll get there.

This is all BS. The football is dragging them down. Nothing to do with how good the basketball team is. the anchor around their neck is football. Deal with this crap.

Reaction Score
Just pass on football. There is no way you can compete with SEC, B1G, or PAC-12. Just stop...it is folly. UConn will never be a factor in NCAA football. They would have a better chance of getting a NC in LAX if they created a NCAA D1 Lacrosse team today versus trying to get this football program to any sort of national level. Just stop!!!

Reaction Score
If you can't beat them, hide from them... ACC Football is not anything better than Big East Football. All those who abandoned ship were too afraid to face UConn! ;-)

Reaction Score
Well every good thing must come to an end. At least we still have UConn basketball (especially with Ollie at the helm). We will continue playing, so fukk the BE.

We are UConn.......dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc