Brotherhood | The Boneyard

Brotherhood

Reaction Score
Did anyone ever watch this show on Showtime? I just binged it. It got cancelled after 3 seasons and kinda has a feel of The Wire and The Sopranos mixed but is about an Irish American family in Providence where one brother is in politics and the other is in a gang. Its really good. Dont let the fact that it got cancelled after 3 seasons deter you from watching.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Really good show. Showtime sometimes bails on shows too early.

Reaction Score
Really good show. Showtime sometimes bails on shows too early.

I dont think it was a widely watched show which lead to it being cancelled sort of like The Wire which is now sort of a cult classic with people now raving about how good it was. One thing that bothered me about the show though was how when people were murdered never seemed like the police came after anybody. That yankee fan that came into the bar and was killed became a non issue.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I dont think it was a widely watched show which lead to it being cancelled sort of like The Wire which is now sort of a cult classic with people now raving about how good it was. One thing that bothered me about the show though was how when people were murdered never seemed like the police came after anybody. That yankee fan that came into the bar and was killed became a non issue.

It was good, but I wouldn't put it in the same class as the Wire. Still, I think some of the problems that Brotherhood had came from fishing for ratings. They tried to force feed the elderly mother plot lines as a major character, but didn't really know what to do with her. To be honest, I think the show came out of the gate with too many characters, and it made it a little difficult to follow. It is better to start narrow and spread out. Still, it was a well done show, and I was disappointed to see it cancelled.

The big difference with the Wire is that HBO stuck with a show that was really struggling to find its audience in the beginning. The Wire is considered one of the best shows to be on TV today, but it was on the chopping block at the end of the second and third seasons.

Reaction Score
It was good, but I wouldn't put it in the same class as the Wire. Still, I think some of the problems that Brotherhood had came from fishing for ratings. They tried to force feed the elderly mother plot lines as a major character, but didn't really know what to do with her. To be honest, I think the show came out of the gate with too many characters, and it made it a little difficult to follow. It is better to start narrow and spread out. Still, it was a well done show, and I was disappointed to see it cancelled.

The big difference with the Wire is that HBO stuck with a show that was really struggling to find its audience in the beginning. The Wire is considered one of the best shows to be on TV today, but it was on the chopping block at the end of the second and third seasons.

oh the wire is one of if not my favorite show of all time. The Wire is worlds above brotherhood, but brotherhood was pretty good and i would have wanted to see it go further. I agree on the mother plot being forced and ultimately not going anywhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom