Bronny James to USC | The Boneyard

Bronny James to USC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
USC was his best option. Stay close to home and be part of a star studded class.

Reaction Score
Eq1s6bhW4AEbPBH (1).jpg

Reaction Score
Please elaborate since you're out there and probably see them more than anyone. On the surface he seems more than competent. Last 8 seasons he's 182-88 (.696). Five NCAAs (would've been six if no Covid) and an NIT. Yeah, tourney success not great, one EE, one 2nd round, 3 first round exits.

And he goes home to this, so he can't be totally useless.

Hard to say whether Amanda Marcum or the tournament run with Florida Gulf Coast is the greater accomplishment.

They just seem to consistently bring in 5 star talent but never win in a manner reflective of that talent. We'll see what he does with Collier and James.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
For the recruiting guys, how many stars for Bronny is his name is John Smith? Borderline 4? He has a nice corner jumper.

Reaction Score
LaBron wants his son to make his own way in life. :)

How do we not know how to spell this guy’s name at this point.

He’s a legit 4 star prospect. He’s undoubtedly propped up a bit by his name but he’s still a good recruit if his name’s John Smith.

I’m curious to see how his younger brother, who’s much bigger, turns out.

Reaction Score

He’s a legit 4 star prospect. He’s undoubtedly propped up a bit by his name but he’s still a good recruit if his name’s John Smith.

Didn’t Bryce start playing basketball (seriously) much later? Partly due to lack of interest, partly because he more recently had a huge growth spurt?

Reaction Score
Didn’t Bryce start playing basketball (seriously) much later? Partly due to lack of interest, partly because he more recently had a huge growth spurt?

There isn't really "serious" basketball before high school IMO.

Reaction Score
For sure. Collier is a game changer
This.

Backcourts win in the NCAA and USC has an excellent one. Boogie Ellis (17.7p, 2.5 3PM, 38.6 3P%) is back for his extra year of eligibility and Isaiah Collier is a bulldog of a downhill guard. Bronny is, at best, USC's third best guard, but that's no slight on him.

Considering all the hype from the media, the James family, including Bronny, have honestly been handling his recruiting with much more modesty than I expected. Bronny seems like a good kid and rather grounded considering the fame.

I don't watch a lot of P12, but the top-end of the conference is very good: USC, Oregon, Colorado, Arizona and UCLA are all very good and I'm higher on Washington State than most.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

He’s rated exactly the same as solo ball. He’s a real good recruit. But he’s getting a lot more buzz and $$$ than solo. I wonder why.

Reaction Score
He’s rated exactly the same as solo ball. He’s a real good recruit. But he’s getting a lot more buzz and $$$ than solo. I wonder why.
He’s better than Solo, and he’s rated a good bit higher now.

Reaction Score
of course USC, pretty sure Snoop is the unofficial university president

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He’s better than Solo, and he’s rated a good bit higher now.
He wasn’t. even recently, but we know how that works. I’m not a bronny hater. I think the kid can play. I’d love him in national flag blue. Make no mistake. He really showed out in last 6 months. I wish him all the success in world unless we meet him dancing.

He’s going to usc, why?

Reaction Score
He wasn’t. even recently, but we know how that works. I’m not a bronny hater. I think the kid can play. I’d love him in national flag blue. Make no mistake. He really showed out in last 6 months. I wish him all the success in world unless we meet him dancing.

He’s going to usc, why?
Why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member