Brittney Griner & Glory Johnson Arrested for Assault | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Brittney Griner & Glory Johnson Arrested for Assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If we are to believe her - if it happens again she is outta there. Her and her mother seemed very strong on that point.

My thing has always been, and continues to be - yes, serious punishment deserved for what he did - totally outrageously inappropriate. A disgrace to him that he cannot remove with apologies, and as I have said before, I am completely uncaring if he ever plays again, won't cry if he never plays another minute. BUT - the one incident does not make battered wife syndrome. It opens the possibility of it - but I have never seen any evidence that he has been reported as behaving that way any other time .

In the Griner / Johnson case, as I tried to imply previously - maybe it was just a fight. Maybe the fact that they cannot apparently handle their anger [with each other or in general as the case may be] might mean that they shouldn't be together. It might mean they are ill-suited (I remember a movie where the couple killed each other, IIRC, in their constant fighting, although I would hope it isn't at that level) to being a couple. But it doesn't mean that there is a pattern of abuse between them, either.
Griner is getting extra heat due to "the punch"... and her behavior after those thunderous dunks, some people just don't like her and wish her nothing but misery

Reaction Score
My niece and her girlfriend got into a minor scuffle on private property and both were arrested and charged with assault.
A crime is a crime where ever committed BUT a scuffle, fist fight between friends, a wrestling match (without life threatening violence) TO ME is only the business of those fighting. The courts are too full of loud arguments, fights between friends etc that police respond to. There should be discretion by the police to walk away without arrests.
Every situation does should not become a "legal" court/criminal action.

Reaction Score
If we are to believe her - if it happens again she is outta there. Her and her mother seemed very strong on that point.

My thing has always been, and continues to be - yes, serious punishment deserved for what he did - totally outrageously inappropriate. A disgrace to him that he cannot remove with apologies, and as I have said before, I am completely uncaring if he ever plays again, won't cry if he never plays another minute. BUT - the one incident does not make battered wife syndrome. It opens the possibility of it - but I have never seen any evidence that he has been reported as behaving that way any other time .

In the Griner / Johnson case, as I tried to imply previously - maybe it was just a fight. Maybe the fact that they cannot apparently handle their anger [with each other or in general as the case may be] might mean that they shouldn't be together. It might mean they are ill-suited (I remember a movie where the couple killed each other, IIRC, in their constant fighting, although I would hope it isn't at that level) to being a couple. But it doesn't mean that there is a pattern of abuse between them, either.
The RICE case is much different than the Griner case. Rice presented a knock out punch to his live in girl friend and that was criminal--who knows what long term serious physical/mental problems he caused her. That much violence IS criminal.
Stupid girl is staying with Rice -- this or more serious physical violence WILL happen to her. Walk a way girl!!!

Reaction Score
Once they called the police, it became a criminal and public matter. Unfortunately the cops were called and now both Glory and Brittany have to live with their mug shots living in infinity on the internet and depending on how serious the criminal charges are, having to live with criminal records. When the police are called, things can escalate pretty quickly and what began as a simple domestic disturbance could turn into a life or death situation. We do hear of Griner having attitude problems, but she has had to endure amazing harassment concerning her sexual orientation, gender issues, and looks..So with that said, I can understand if Griner has a bit of an edge to her personality..
You are right--in today's world, because of the notoriety of Domestic Violence, the laws in many jurisdictions say : It MUST become a legal/court matter and that is a shame. This may not apply to Griner but the court/attorney costs could bankrupt the average person.
Griner does have an attitude problem--and you can see why. She's been the biggest girl in everything most of her life, in her basketball life she has been pushed, pounded, pulled and abused and then there is the homosexual aspect --her life is far from average.
But to be fair---if a guy did this in the NBA what would his punishment be by the league, the WNBA punishment should be no less. Equal is equal. Gender should have no importance in this.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You are right--in today's world, because of the notoriety of Domestic Violence, the laws in many jurisdictions say : It MUST become a legal/court matter and that is a shame. This may not apply to Griner but the court/attorney costs could bankrupt the average person.
Griner does have an attitude problem--and you can see why. She's been the biggest girl in everything most of her life, in her basketball life she has been pushed, pounded, pulled and abused and then there is the homosexual aspect --her life is far from average.
But to be fair---if a guy did this in the NBA what would his punishment be by the league, the WNBA punishment should be no less. Equal is equal. Gender should have no importance in this.

I'm confused as to why you only mention Griner, as if you are assuming that she was the instigator. We don't know the full story yet, but it is very possible that Johnson was the one who initiated the fight. Maybe Griner is the victim of the domestic violence?

Reaction Score
I'm confused as to why you only mention Griner, as if you are assuming that she was the instigator. We don't know the full story yet, but it is very possible that Johnson was the one who initiated the fight. Maybe Griner is the victim of the domestic violence?
Article about BG's plea deal - disorderly conduct, to be dismissed after completion of 26 weeks of counseling.

http://espn.go.com/wnba/story/_/id/...oenix-mercury-enters-diversion-program-arrest

Article mentions Glory, but only as the fiancee and other participant. Nothing about Glory's legal situation. Don't know if this is because BG was considered the aggressor, or somehow has more responsibility because of her physical advantage, or if they don't mention Glory's situation because Griner is a 'name' player, and only serious WBB fans ever heard of Glory. ??

Reaction Score
BY_Tweet_25.png

Kinda tips their hand, I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members