Brianna Banks in Big 10 Conference Tournament | The Boneyard

Brianna Banks in Big 10 Conference Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
On Wednesday evening, Penn State defeated Illinois in the Big 10 conference tournament by a score of 75-66.

Brianna Banks started and played 32 minutes. She had 12 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 turnover, and no fouls. (No steals, which is slightly surprising.)

Neither of these teams is exactly a powerhouse. Illinois was 9-21 and 2-16 in the Big 10. Penn State was 12-18 and 6-12 in conference.

But still, Brianna had a good game.

Reaction Score
On Wednesday evening, Penn State defeated Illinois in the Big 10 conference tournament by a score of 75-66.

Brianna Banks started and played 32 minutes. She had 12 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 turnover, and no fouls. (No steals, which is slightly surprising.)

Neither of these teams is exactly a powerhouse. Illinois was 9-21 and 2-16 in the Big 10. Penn State was 12-18 and 6-12 in conference.

Good for her. She's averaging over 13 points per game. No one wants to see kids bail on UConn, but if a young lady feels that she won't get playing time, and really just wants to play the game, then it's good to see them make good elsewhere. Wisconsin lost to Northwestern yesterday, though UConn transfer Michaela Johnson scored 20 points and pulled down eight rebounds. Sadie Edwards, who saw the writing on the wall soon after the start of this season, is stating for USC and averaging over 10 points per game. So all the best to them. Nice to see them doing well- and UConn continuing to do well.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

You can say that again. This is the 11/14 game and the B1G is not that great of a conference.

Reaction Score
Good for her. She's averaging over 13 points per game. No one wants to see kids bail on UConn, but if a young lady feels that she won't get playing time, and really just wants to play the game, then it's good to see them make good elsewhere. Wisconsin lost to Northwestern yesterday, though UConn transfer Michaela Johnson scored 20 points and pulled down eight rebounds. Sadie Edwards, who saw the writing on the wall soon after the start of this season, is stating for USC and averaging over 10 points per game. So all the best to them. Nice to see them doing well- and UConn continuing to do well.

Well stated. Yes, the great majority of players just want to play the game, especially the talented ones. No matter where you're sitting the bench, playing somewhere is better. Cheers for the 3 of them for making the gutsy decision to transfer. I've watched Sadie play on the Pac12 channel a few of times. She can play, at both ends of the court. It's really too bad that she felt the need to leave. She could have helped next year.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I have never been sure why Banks did leave Uconn, and the decision should not be assumed to be based solely on minutes - for many it is tied into the rigor of the program requiring more of them than they are willing or able to invest, for others it is personal and not related to the team experience at all.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I have never been sure why Banks did leave Uconn, and the decision should not be assumed to be based solely on minutes - for many it is tied into the rigor of the program requiring more of them than they are willing or able to invest, for others it is personal and not related to the team experience at all.
I always assumed it was because she wanted/needed the extra year to fully heal and with that the ability to get her Master's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom