Bria: the bomb? | The Boneyard

Bria: the bomb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
My magic 8-ball says. "Signs point to yes."

Aside from my 8-ball, if anyone from UConn gets AP first team AA recognition this season, Bria's got to be at least one of them. At least.

Reaction Score
Ever since the Rutgers game Bria has shot the ball with much more arc and I think that is the key to her hot shooting. If she keeps it up and is able to consistently knock down the open 3 then she will be unstoppable.

Reaction Score
So interesting how it all seems to be about confidence with her (and many others). When Bria expects 'em to drop, they most often do.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
A lot of Bria's shooting issues occur when her shot flattens out and becomes very direct at the rim. When she keeps her wrist under the ball and lets it roll off the tips of the fingers on a high soft arc she becomes much more successful.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So interesting how it all seems to be about confidence with her (and many others). When Bria expects 'em to drop, they most often do.
So are you saying when she goes 0-fer she is throwing all those balls up there expecting them not to drop!!!! :rolleyes::cool::)
Just having fun - agree about the confidence thing - true of most shooters. Often why they say if you miss a few at the start of the game make sure you go inside and get an easy one, just so you get the vision of the ball going through the net back in your mind.

Reaction Score
So are you saying when she goes 0-fer she is throwing all those balls up there expecting them not to drop!!!! :rolleyes::cool::)
Just having fun - agree about the confidence thing - true of most shooters. Often why they say if you miss a few at the start of the game make sure you go inside and get an easy one, just so you get the vision of the ball going through the net back in your mind.
Well, actually, the answer is yes. There's a big difference between what I would call "hope" shots and those that genuinely surprise the shooter when they don't drop. Bria, early on, played with such total confidence that she expected unqualified success no matter what she tried. After her injury-related sophomore slump, we could just see the confidence level evaporate. KML (and a lot of pure shooters) is the same way. I expect both of them to be deadly from all over the court from here on out... they are totally different shooters when the confidence level is there. I know you agree...it's just a funny thing about shooters...the mechanics might be the same, but the success rate when they believe in themselves (as in, "No way I can miss this") is so different!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Well, actually, the answer is yes. There's a big difference between what I would call "hope" shots and those that genuinely surprise the shooter when they don't drop. Bria, early on, played with such total confidence that she expected unqualified success no matter what she tried. After her injury-related sophomore slump, we could just see the confidence level evaporate. KML (and a lot of pure shooters) is the same way. I expect both of them to be deadly from all over the court from here on out... they are totally different shooters when the confidence level is there. I know you agree...it's just a funny thing about shooters...the mechanics might be the same, but the success rate when they believe in themselves (as in, "No way I can miss this") is so different!
she slumped as a "junior"... she was a All-American as a soph

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Slumped because of a nasty and lingering sprain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom