Bria May Not be Going to Vegas | The Boneyard

Bria May Not be Going to Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
There was a Tweet from Bria tonight saying she's bored at her apartment with Stef & Stewie gone. I suspect Stef and Stewie are either on their way to Vegas or are already there since the Camp starts tomorrow. Why is Bria still in CT?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Maybe she has a class tomorrow morning that she needs to attend, or maybe she as a test to take and will fly out tomorrow. Why immediately assume she's not going?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I did say MAY NOT, I did not say that she's definitely not going.

Maybe she has a class tomorrow morning that she needs to attend, or maybe she as a test to take and will fly out tomorrow. Why immediately assume she's not going?

Reaction Score
No, but you took an innocent tweet and tried to turn it
into controversy.

For what?

Sometimes it's just best not to post your fantasies.
\
DD: You know well that I am in your corner. On this particular thread, I have a different take than you. Though I'm not into the tweet thang, either as a doer or as a monitor, it seems to me that WBB merely took note of a tweet of potential interest t the Yard and asked and harmless and legitimate question.

Prob the main issue for me is, is Hartley too bored to be doing her homework? Seems we're raising a whole slew of kids who are very easily bored these days. Don't think I've been bored yet. Yeh, I DO know I've been boring...........two different things.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
John A has tweeted Bria was held back from going to Vegas due to a Nagging Injury. Team will need Bria healthy for the season.

Rich Eliott Blog - Link

Didn't think it was class related since its so early in the session.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Well, the news is worse than a class, her nagging ankle is giving her issues again. We need her healthy. Blessings Bria, hang tough.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Gosh, what a horrible break for Bria. I'm sure she was so excited about making the trip with her teammates.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I realize that the move to keep her home is mostly precautionary. But if in fact it is the same ankle and the same ligaments that are involved, this is not a good data point. The team may end up having to manage Bria's minutes very conservatively this year, in practice and in games. (Hopefully this isn't the case and the recent 'tweak' to the ankle is an isolated thing.)

Banks' recovery becomes all the more important, as does the depth provided by Saniya.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Tabloid headlines again -

Bored without her pals, BH Refuses To Do Homework

OMG :p

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The bench gets even shorter if Hartley's ankle and Banks' knee aren't 100%. All the more reason to have a couple of role players in the wings.

Reaction Score
John A has tweeted Bria was held back from going to Vegas due to a Nagging Injury. Team will need Bria healthy for the season.

Rich Eliott Blog - Link

Didn't think it was class related since its so early in the session.

A good start for Bria is pretty important. Boost and maintain that energy level and intensity she showed at the end of the year..

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The team w/o a healthy Bria is far less potent and much less the shoo-in we all anticipate.

Perhaps Geno's reference to team maturity (cited in a different thread) was based on the insider information
now disclosed here.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Perhaps Geno's reference to team maturity (cited in a different thread) was based on the insider information
now disclosed here.

Perhaps not. Geno quote from today:

"Bria was incredibly disappointed and she still wanted to come," Auriemma said. "I think it was important to stay (at UConn) do some rehab. It was just a minor tweak and in a couple of days (he told her) you will be back at 100 percent. I know how competitive you are and if you go out there you are going to go out there and go harder than she needed to go. A few years ago she would have gone out there and tried to push, even last year and look what happened. This year she was much more mature about it, she understands and she will get another opportunity."

Nice try, though.

Reaction Score
The good news is the usual suspects have something to be frantically worried about. I was worried they were running out of things to worry about. But thankfully Geno's precautionary worry about Bria has given them something to alas worry about. Worry away wbbfan1.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Perhaps not. Geno quote from today:

This year she was much more mature about it, she understands and she will get another opportunity."

Nice try, though.

Apples and Oranges

I don't think Geno was referring to Bria's maturity, but the young uns.

or from a different perspective

I sure hope he wasn't speaking of Bria's maturity :)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Talked to a close friend and Bria is fine. He said if she had to play tomorrow she could. They are taking precautionary measures to make sure she can play and be healthy this season.

IMO Bria Stef and BB will be watched as to not have reaccuring problems with their injuries. We have a short roster and can not afford injuries this season. This just may give more time to other team mates.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Ah, my critics.

And what do you find so objectionable?

You believe Bria's well being will not effect the team?
You believe Geno's mention of maturity was not at all related to his possible concerns about Bria's health?

Speak up.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Ah, my critics.

And what do you find so objectionable?

You believe Bria's well being will not effect the team?
You believe Geno's mention of maturity was not at all related to his possible concerns about Bria's health?

Speak up.

Ok…since you asked…The consistent and constant passive aggressive innuendoes that redundantly befoul your posts.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Ok…since you asked…The consistent and constant passive aggressive innuendoes that redundantly befoul your posts.

Not being au courant on exactly what passive aggressive exactly entails I checked out some articles.
For example: http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk/counsellor-articles/what-is-passive-aggressive-behaviour

Sorry, Oz, I can't find much that is applicable.

But if you are referring to what a few call my "negative" comments about the team, it's actually a part of my world-view regarding sports discussions and the nature of sporting activity.

I believe that you can enjoy, even love and solidly root for and admire the artistic excellence of a team without leaving your brain in the trash with regard shortcomings, especially by the adults in charge but most often by the uncritical fan base.

In the case of this post and the thread I started based on Geno's interview.

I've stated that in the final 4, Bria was a major catalyst in both of those wins…over shadowed at the end by the media and almost forgotten, but her aggressive play and made shots at key moments early were momentum changes. Without her healthy, the team is much weaker.

And I have been the "voice in he wilderness" with regard Geno's handling of the "kids" last season. I understand that the base is prepared to deify the gentleman; I admire him and his accomplishments to a very high degree, have been a season ticket holder, watch and re-watch every game. Have seen the final 4 re-runs a dozen times, with great satisfaction, the last time last evening.

During the final, the announcers twice, referred to Geno's admitted disconnect with team last season, quoting him…And then when he voiced…what would you call it…mild apprehension (in my transcribed post)…the hairs on the back of my neck suggested that there were still some issues to be worked out.

Isn't it better to have civilized discussions about such matters, even heated ones, without name calling and personal disparagement?

Please…let's discuss the issues rather than calling each other names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom