Bria Hartley | The Boneyard

Bria Hartley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's tough to be too excited about the win without knowing KML's status, but if she does have to miss extended time, Hartley playing at the level she did tonight would go a long way toward helping UConn overcome the loss.

Hartley looked as good as I've ever seen her - her explosiveness going to the basket is back, she's confident pulling up for 3s, and she looks like she's in complete control out there. I said after last season she would take a similar junior-to-senior jump that Montgomery did, and if tonight is any indication, that prediction might come true.

Also, major props to the team for the way they responded after KML's injury. It's not easy to regain your focus after seeing your teammate go down, but they showed some tremendous toughness.

Reaction Score
It's tough to be too excited about the win without knowing KML's status, but if she does have to miss extended time, Hartley playing at the level she did tonight would go a long way toward helping UConn overcome the loss.

Hartley looked as good as I've ever seen her - her explosiveness going to the basket is back, she's confident pulling up for 3s, and she looks like she's in complete control out there. I said after last season she would take a similar junior-to-senior jump that Montgomery did, and if tonight is any indication, that prediction might come true.

Also, major props to the team for the way they responded after KML's injury. It's not easy to regain your focus after seeing your teammate go down, but they showed some tremendous toughness.
I agree that Bria looked superb!!!! I was hoping she would return to her sophomore form and in fact, if tonight's game is any indication, she may have exceeded it. I thought Bria was great, that Kia Stokes looked outstanding and showed confidence and Morgan Tuck continued to prove that she's a major talent. To have KML injured, Breanna Stewart playing subpar as well as Mo Jeff and for Stef Dolson to have the horrific shooting night that she did and yet have UConn win handily says a lot about the bench. Great performance tonight with some nice play by Ms Chong, as well.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And while TBS and MoJeff and Stef had difficult offensive nights I thought they showed very well defensively. That takes maturity to not let offensive wows affect everything else in their game.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Hartley looked like the best PG in the country tonight

She did two things that only really good players, mostly the very experienced ones, are able to do at the same time.

1. She played very aggressively, relentlessly so, at almost every opportunity.
2. She played within herself. She did not try to force a ton of shots or a ton of drives when they weren't there to be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom