Bria ESPNW Player of the Week | The Boneyard

Bria ESPNW Player of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A well-written article, too! Kudos to Bria!

And now we know who is this year's Kelly Faris--the all-'round player.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Bria was fantastic yesterday. She absolutely deserves the recognition for her efforts. In the arena her 29 points was one of the quietest high scoring efforts I've watched. Reminded me of Maya.

Reaction Score
Someone had to step up and fill the void left by the KML and MT...that is what senior leadership is all about...kudos to Bria!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well deserved. This is the player that I remember from two season ago.

I think Hartley is benefitting more than any other player from the absence of KML. She is once again gaining the confidence to be the go-to player on this team.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
And Chong has benefitted greatly being thrown into the fire. Both she and Bria have had less than perfect games during the stretch but did not let it stop them from contributing.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
A much more penetrating analysis was written by Graham Hays regarding Hartley's transformation into a compete player.

http://espn.go.com/ncw/notebook/_/page/notebook_weekendwrap/hartley-shuts-lucas-uconn-wins

Hays made some terrific points which get close to the essence of the team's method of play. To quote a few:

Geno Auriemma pointed directly to talent. Great teams have great players. There is no coaching genius to letting Diana Taurasi or Maya Moore score points. And yet on the other end, it sometimes feels as if he could take a roster composed entirely of walk-on players and make them at least a credible defensive team.

He laughed off the suggestion, but there is something to the mindset with which his teams defend.

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Well deserved. This is the player that I remember from two season ago.

I think Hartley is benefitting more than any other player from the absence of KML. She is once again gaining the confidence to be the go-to player on this team.

Actually according to Geno in the piece cited above, this is a new Bria with the defensive desire and skill set to go along with the offensive attributes you remembered.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Agreed. So glad that she has both regained and surpassed her previous AA form.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
"You Need to Know" a different UCONN player every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom