Brenda Frese: "We're ready now...we're going into UConn...we know what to expect." | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Brenda Frese: "We're ready now...we're going into UConn...we know what to expect."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
"We're going into UConn."
upload_2015-12-23_20-41-16.png

The bus driver knows the game is in New York City, right?

Reaction Score
Now talking trash about A college freshman you have no shame

Gillespie avg 10.2 points per game in only 19.2 mpg
You seriously want to start comparing numbers when you look at the opposition in the 11 games MD has played to date? Only 3 rated by one service at better than 200. Collier has amassed her numbers against let's see....4 of the 9 games were vs. TOP 25, which included 2 top 10 match ups. And Kiah played against how many teams from where in the rankings? She may turn out to be a great player, but stats inflated playing weaker teams will not impress WNBA scouts. I think we need to see what she can produce against top tier programs.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Last year another very talented wing player (similar to Kiah) came into UCONN with like fanfare and bravado from many poster who had pre-determined that Geno made a mistake in not recruiting her. Sierra Calhoun left UCONN scoreless in 30 minutes of play and her team lost by 31 points. While I wish Kiah well I'm not sure her numbers will be much better (actuality can't be any worse) than Calhoun's or that MD will be within 31 points of UCONN on Monday.

Reaction Score
I just finished looking over Maryland's team stats. I was a little concerned about UConn playing them on Monday--out of respect for their FF and such. Kiah is their 4th highest scorer and their 5th is at 6 pts or so. After looking at the team line-up IMO they are going to struggle more than I first thought. They are weak or inexperienced at their 4th and 5th starter. (They did lose two starters from last year.) Playing the weak schedule that they did might have given them some time to coagulate, but there was no pressure to bring out the A game. I originally felt that Maryland would lose by less than 15---but, after gathering more info I think it will be more in the 20 range! Just sayin.

Reaction Score
I just finished looking over Maryland's team stats. I was a little concerned about UConn playing them on Monday--out of respect for their FF and such. Kiah is their 4th highest scorer and their 5th is at 6 pts or so. After looking at the team line-up IMO they are going to struggle more than I first thought. They are weak or inexperienced at their 4th and 5th starter. (They did lose two starters from last year.) Playing the weak schedule that they did might have given them some time to coagulate, but there was no pressure to bring out the A game. I originally felt that Maryland would lose by less than 15---but, after gathering more info I think it will be more in the 20 range! Just sayin.
When statistics are used to try to prove a point one should expect said numbers to be challenged or at the very least weighted. So will MD as a team and any members of that team who are being touted as the second coming of Maya or Diana. The most telling stat I came across was that the SOS for UConn and players like Collier was NUMBER ONE. And Gillespie and MD amassed their numbers against....the NUMBER 271.....TWO HUNDRED SEVENTY FIRST. Let that echo a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom