Breanna Stewart the Greatest | The Boneyard

Breanna Stewart the Greatest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart is the Greatest All Round Player WCBB has ever seen and along with MoJeff and Tuck this 3some will carry UConn to a place no other team has been and that 4 NCs. IMO Breanna plays at a level that no other player in WCBB has played and she will not allow UConn to lose. Shes unstoppable, magic and is gifted like no other player.

I remember hearing about her when she was 12 years old. She was 6'3 then. I was told she can handle the ball like Sue Bird, shoot from the outside like Diana Taurasi and was the best post player that he had ever seen. Understand my friend who was telling me this had daughters who played with and grew up with Danielle Wilson Tina Charles and Kia Vaughn.

As great as UConn is having Mojeff and Tuck on the floor with her makes her so much better. For all those top recruits who went elsewhere they have not won any NCs and most likely wont. The intimidation factor of having to face Mojeff when your bringing the ball up court, of have Stewie at the top of the key looking down the lane for Tuck who one on one is almost unstoppable or trying to take the ball inside against UConn only to find Stewie well that's just not gonna happen.

Now we head into season number 2 to the FF. We can add another name to the Big 3 and that Katie Lou. She is no longer a freshman. We've been waiting and the wait is over. She is on fire now and lighting it up. So now its even hard to defend UConn. Katie Lou has looked like a player that we all dreamed of. Inside outside shot blocker and a variety of ways to get her shot off and shes 6'3. Yeah she can handle the ball too.

So for the next 3 weekends we watch UConn march to their 4th consecutive NC. No team has ever done that.
We can watch with the fear of losing because that just aint gonna happy folks. IMO it will take more then a miracle barring injuries of course. Way to much fire power.

I listen to the media and they all talk about what opponents have to do to beat UConn. Well imo you have to get UConn to beat themselves. Opponents cant turn the ball over and they must hit a very high percentage of their shot the outside. But they can get inside with Stewie there and they can get open from the outside with Kia and Mojeff there and they have to get the ball over half court and then with Kia and Mojeff guarding them they have to get the offense set. Very difficult to do under the defensive pressure that UConn puts on you.

For the first few rounds this weekend opponents need to enjoy playing UConn. Its not a chance every team has. UConn will be more focused determined and sky high for the next 3 weekends. Not good news for opponents. Will there be a close game? I don't think so. I do think there may be a quarter of half where and opponent may stay close but its only a matter of time before UConn turns up the pressure and puts their opponent away.

Im excited but Im not worried. Our defense is to poised to athletic and to suffocating for any opponent to with stand. Its tax season so I wont see you this weekend but I will see you at Harbor Yard and we will have a Boneyard Meeting at the half of both games.

Where are we going?....to the Top....They Very Top.

Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart is the Greatest All Round Player WCBB has ever seen and along with MoJeff and Tuck this 3some will carry UConn to a place no other team has been and that 4 NCs. IMO Breanna plays at a level that no other player in WCBB has played and she will not allow UConn to lose. Shes unstoppable, magic and is gifted like no other player.

I remember hearing about her when she was 12 years old. She was 6'3 then. I was told she can handle the ball like Sue Bird, shoot from the outside like Diana Taurasi and was the best post player that he had ever seen. Understand my friend who was telling me this had daughters who played with and grew up with Danielle Wilson Tina Charles and Kia Vaughn.

As great as UConn is having Mojeff and Tuck on the floor with her makes her so much better. For all those top recruits who went elsewhere they have not won any NCs and most likely wont. The intimidation factor of having to face Mojeff when your bringing the ball up court, of have Stewie at the top of the key looking down the lane for Tuck who one on one is almost unstoppable or trying to take the ball inside against UConn only to find Stewie well that's just not gonna happen.

Now we head into season number 2 to the FF. We can add another name to the Big 3 and that Katie Lou. She is no longer a freshman. We've been waiting and the wait is over. She is on fire now and lighting it up. So now its even hard to defend UConn. Katie Lou has looked like a player that we all dreamed of. Inside outside shot blocker and a variety of ways to get her shot off and shes 6'3. Yeah she can handle the ball too.

So for the next 3 weekends we watch UConn march to their 4th consecutive NC. No team has ever done that.
We can watch with the fear of losing because that just aint gonna happy folks. IMO it will take more then a miracle barring injuries of course. Way to much fire power.

I listen to the media and they all talk about what opponents have to do to beat UConn. Well imo you have to get UConn to beat themselves. Opponents cant turn the ball over and they must hit a very high percentage of their shot the outside. But they can get inside with Stewie there and they can get open from the outside with Kia and Mojeff there and they have to get the ball over half court and then with Kia and Mojeff guarding them they have to get the offense set. Very difficult to do under the defensive pressure that UConn puts on you.

For the first few rounds this weekend opponents need to enjoy playing UConn. Its not a chance every team has. UConn will be more focused determined and sky high for the next 3 weekends. Not good news for opponents. Will there be a close game? I don't think so. I do think there may be a quarter of half where and opponent may stay close but its only a matter of time before UConn turns up the pressure and puts their opponent away.

Im excited but Im not worried. Our defense is to poised to athletic and to suffocating for any opponent to with stand. Its tax season so I wont see you this weekend but I will see you at Harbor Yard and we will have a Boneyard Meeting at the half of both games.

So, then, you like our chances, huh Tony?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Thanks Tonyc, excellent post.
- I concur with your observations 100%. I can't be with you guys at Harbor Yard in person, but I'll definitely be there with you all in spirit. I'd love to be there to see the games in person, and to meet and fellowship with my peeps (all of the yarders). You guys are going to see and witness history being made. The likes of which, we may NEVER see again in our life time. That's always exciting. Not many people get to do that. Enjoy the games. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Never lacking for enthusiasm, Tony! I do think (know) Breanna is great but even now she doesn't handle the ball like Sue Bird, shoot from the outside like Diana (or KML) but her all around skills are obviously off the charts and her vast improvement on the defensive end along with her increased strength and stamina make her easily the best player in the country surrounded by the best supporting cast in the country. As you mentioned, the greatness of MoJeff and Morgan along with the growth of KLS make any potential upset a monumental task that would require UConn to play extraordinarily poorly while their opponent plays the game of a lifetime. Notre Dame earlier in the year was unconscious from 3 point range and even then lost by double digits and I'm inclined to think in another encounter, that lightening won't strike twice! Not too many people (other than some Boneyarders) point to their defense being the instrument that makes the Huskies the domineering team that they are but it's really the catalyst that generates a good amount of their offense.

Reaction Score
Agree with tony...mostly. I still recall being at the FF game against Stanford where the score was something like 16-14 at halftime. And we had Maya! Think it was in San Antonio. Regardless, it scared the crap out of me. Don't think that can happen to this team, but the possibility always scares me. Regardless, I'll be in Indianapolis come April and hope to see my 6th NC live and in person. Hope to see some of you there!

Reaction Score
Agree with tony...mostly. I still recall being at the FF game against Stanford where the score was something like 16-14 at halftime. And we had Maya! Think it was in San Antonio. Regardless, it scared the crap out of me. Don't think that can happen to this team, but the possibility always scares me. Regardless, I'll be in Indianapolis come April and hope to see my 6th NC live and in person. Hope to see some of you there!
2010. 20-12 at halftime

Reaction Score

And oh by the way, the only playa to hang a loss on Mo and Stewie in the last 12 months is the other starting guard! Miss Nurse from north of the border brings buckets of grit and a huge ticker to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom