Brandon Austin decides today no PC per twitter | The Boneyard

Brandon Austin decides today no PC per twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ceese Carcieri@CESPN1
Brandon Austin will decide between UCONN and Texas today. Not PC...

Reaction Score
Well, if accurate, that would seem to be good news. At least a few other people have said that he was looking to stay close to home.

Reaction Score
this guy too (Though I have to admit, I have no idea who he is):

@ RecruitTalkNews: Expect Brandon Austin to decide between Uconn and Texas today

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don't know about this. This kid is good don't get me wrong. Off the court might be a problem here, based off what I've been reading/seeing.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
On Twitter he called out somebody for mistaking him as a forward. He replied something like, "I play the 1 playboy." To me that is pretty pompous and distasteful attitude from an incoming recruit. Also he's decomitted to like a billion schools and ZagsBlog said academics were probably an issue, as to why teams either dropped him or told him not to come. I'm not saying that the latter is true, look at Ryan Boatright he committed to like 3 schools before UConn and he turned out alright.

No doubt Austin would be a big pickup, but I don't think we need more depth at the small forward/guard position. We should be looking for centers and power forwards.

Reaction Score
On Twitter he called out somebody for mistaking him as a forward. He replied something like, "I play the 1 playboy." To me that is pretty pompous and distasteful attitude from an incoming recruit. Also he's decomitted to like a billion schools and ZagsBlog said academics were probably an issue, as to why teams either dropped him or told him not to come. I'm not saying that the latter is true, look at Ryan Boatright he committed to like 3 schools before UConn and he turned out alright.

No doubt Austin would be a big pickup, but I don't think we need more depth at the small forward/guard position. We should be looking for centers and power forwards.

He decommitted from one school. PSU. I'm pretty sure PSU didn't tell him to take a hike.

caw

Reaction Score

If that's all, I don't have a problem with it. He only decommitted from PSU, which is a fairly horrid basketball school. If he made an official it means he has a passing SAT score, because UConn isn't allowing officials for those who don't.

Reaction Score
The only school that I know of him decomitting from was Penn St(and who can blame him), as for the twitter comment, cue up the ESPN Monday Night Countdown "C'mon Man!" soundbite. You can't be for real getting uptight about that. Seems like the type of reaction Waquoit's old ass would have.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Still, where's there is smoke there is a gun. I don't like smoke and I don't like ill-mannered recruits.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wow. What a stunning development. Where are our PC friends to tell us this isn't true? I mean, This guy was a done deal for PC not too long ago (according to them). What the heck happened? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Wow. What a stunning development. Where are our PC friends to tell us this isn't true? I mean, This guy was a done deal for PC not too long ago (according to them). What the heck happened? :rolleyes:

He watched them play last week? :)

caw

Reaction Score

Check their board, they are already saying not to believe it. I don't know the tweeter, so I would take their word with a grain of salt. I would be kind of surprised if Texas came on as the second team though. All word last week was Texas being behind both UConn and PC. If Texas has truly made up that much ground, it's concerning.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Check their board, they are already saying not to believe it. I don't know the tweeter, so I would take their word with a grain of salt. I would be kind of surprised if Texas came on as the second team though. All word last week was Texas being behind both UConn and PC. If Texas has truly made up that much ground, it's concerning.
Maybe you are right. Still, it's amusing. Normally I wouldn't give it 2-seconds worth of thought, but PeeCee has been so hysterical over this guy, you'd think he's a top 5 recruit.

Reaction Score
If the tweet is true, than its probably because PC lost ground more than texas made up ground. Who knows whats going on. We will find out soon enough though

Reaction Score
Austin stars in Austin.

Is there a good player named Storrs out there somewhere?

Reaction Score
this guy too (Though I have to admit, I have no idea who he is):

@ RecruitTalkNews: Expect Brandon Austin to decide between Uconn and Texas today

Guys, this was the original tweet...the guy/source is certainly very questionable. Pretty sure it's a Texas guy and he only has 41 followers. Who knows, but I'll believe it when I see it...this would be a suprising development for sure. But don't believe everything you see on the internet.

The tweet at the top of the thread is from a young PC fan who was just simply passing along the news from the hack with 41 followers...

Austin would be a terrific get for all 3 schools involved...c'mon

Reaction Score
Guys, this was the original tweet...the guy/source is certainly very questionable. Pretty sure it's a Texas guy and he only has 41 followers. Who knows, but I'll believe it when I see it...this would be a suprising development for sure.

He tweet at the top of the thread is from a young PC who was just simply passing along the news from the hack with 41 followers...

The source is very questionable. I haven't heard a word about Texas in over month. All I've heard is a decision coming soon and a coin flip btw UC and PC.

Reaction Score
The source is very questionable. I haven't heard a word about Texas in over month. All I've heard is a decision coming soon and a coin flip btw UC and PC.

Yup.... People can believe what they want, but I still totally believe this is between PC an Uconn

Reaction Score
I wish he would wait until it's known if uconn is in the acc. Big east basketball could take a huge hit before the start of next season. Playing for PC against mediocre competition or for uconn against the best competition is quite a difference. Plus all of the other advantages of uconn.

caw

Reaction Score
Well, I hope the first part is true at least and he decides today.

Reaction Score
The only 2 words he needs to know are:

KEVIN OLLIE

Otherwise he is misguided right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads