Brando and Donny (merged [twice]) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brando and Donny (merged [twice])

Reaction Score
I like Brando's personality and voice (I've loved him for years), but he's been so bad on the call lately. He's probably ready for the pasture. Mis-identifies, no clue what's going on, etc.

Reaction Score
UConn fans' relentless attacks on a former star player who was instrumental in building our program from a regional mediocrity to a national powerhouse raises the question of whether UConn has the worst fans in college basketball.

How about we give the "Donny sucks" threads a rest for a while.
Who cares where he went to school?? That’s irrelevant. He’s objectively awful as a color commentator.

Reaction Score
Really hoping Donny gets stuck in Hartford traffic. Can someone arrange some last minute road work or something?

Reaction Score
UConn fans' relentless attacks on a former star player who was instrumental in building our program from a regional mediocrity to a national powerhouse raises the question of whether UConn has the worst fans in college basketball.

Maybe because he is a bad announcer?

Reaction Score

He was a great player and an instrumental part of building our program, which makes his continuously dumping on us to prove his "objectivity" all the more galling.

Reaction Score
Mute and listen to Crispino and Norman. I'll be at the game.

Reaction Score

Man, that is a great point. Donny’s one of my all-time favorite players. Maybe he’s not going into the broadcasting HOF, but do we need to crucify him?

Reaction Score
I'd rather listen to Raf, but honestly, Donny doesn't bother me all that much.
Raf is a HOF broadcaster so not a fair comparison not that you were comparing him.

Donny does talk us up when he’s not broadcasting our games, he is on a national broadcast, does he sometimes go too far out of his way to not sound bias sure, but the constant whining is just soft stuff.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Raf is a HOF broadcaster so not a fair comparison not that you were comparing him.

Donny does talk us up when he’s not broadcasting our games, he is on a national broadcast, does he sometimes go too far out of his way to not sound bias sure, but the constant whining is just soft stuff.
Yeah, not comparing. Just thought this was a big enough game to get the A team.

Reaction Score

I agree there are a few jerks that like to attack Donny. I thinks he does a good job so stop the bullsh-t !!!

Reaction Score

If you prefer the radio guys you can sync them with the TV broadcast. I will be at the game so I will be listening to the most negative UConn fan in existence, who sits behind me.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Donny just needs to stop trying so hard to be an anti-homer. Otherwise he would be fine

Reaction Score
Who cares where he went to school?? That’s irrelevant. He’s objectively awful as a color commentator.

That's the most relevant thing. Having UConn alumni in highly visible and desirable positions is good for the program in every way. Donny is good for UConn, Dan Orlovsky on NFL Live is good for UConn, Molly Qerim on First Take is good for UConn.

Objectively, he takes way too much sh&t over nothing on this board. He just another announcer. If he sucked as bad as you guys say -- he wouldn't be on the air.

Reaction Score
The audio they've got setup for this Creighton Butler 2nd half should be what they do for our game. I can barely hear the announcers. It's all crowd and squeaking sneakers.

Reaction Score
That's the most relevant thing. Having UConn alumni in highly visible and desirable positions is good for the program in every way. Donny is good for UConn, Dan Orlovsky on NFL Live is good for UConn, Molly Qerim on First Take is good for UConn.

Objectively, he takes way too much sh&t over nothing on this board. He just another announcer. If he sucked as bad as you guys say -- he wouldn't be on the air.
Fans don't like announcers that are unbiased and tell it like it is. The best color men are usually disliked by both teams. Fans prefer announcers that sugar coat everything and won't criticize their team. This is why Rafferty is popular. Not a good announcer, but popular.

Reaction Score

Megan McPeak says hi.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom