Bracketology - UConn to Lincoln | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracketology - UConn to Lincoln

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My top 4 would look like-

Louisville- 1. Tennessee 2. Louisville 3. Duke 4. North Carolina

Tenn and Louisville could be the weakest 1 and 2 right now. Put a strong 3 and 4 here. And let the best teams in the southeast battle it out to see who is best.

Notre Dame- 1. Notre Dame 2. South Carolina 3. Penn State 4. Texas A&M

No one is beating ND in South Bend anyways.

Lincoln- 1. UConn 2. West Virginia 3. Nebraska 4. Oklahoma State

Seeing WVU lost to them why should Baylor's "reward" be being with UConn? I'm sure they'd love to go to Palo Alto even if it is further.

Stanford- 1. Stanford 2. Baylor 3. Kentucky 4. Maryland

Let Stanford earn their way please. I'd like to see Chiney vs Alyssa and Chiney vs Odyssey. Stanford has shown they can be upset so let's have some worthy teams in their region should they falter again. You do not want a mis matched Final Four like last year. You want someone worthy to take on ND and UConn in the semis.

Reaction Score
Since they announced the stupidity of team regional sites that I've been saying UCONN HAD to go to Lincoln! Closest sites couldn't apply!
How can Stanford maintain a #1 seed after losing to Washington and So Cal two unranked teams? Doesn't Baylor or L'ville or even WVU earn a #1 in Stanford?
Charlie Creme does not have a good track record in his previous bracketology ! Last year he had 14 to 16 right in exact seed and exact regional.
By the way does anyone also find it annoying that you can't print up Charlie's brackets as is? If you print it every bracket is on the left side of page for 6 pages instead of just one as he published!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Since they announced the stupidity of team regional sites that I've been saying UCONN HAD to go to Lincoln! Closest sites couldn't apply!
How can Stanford maintain a #1 seed after losing to Washington and So Cal two unranked teams? Doesn't Baylor or L'ville or even WVU earn a #1 in Stanford?
Charlie Creme does not have a good track record in his previous bracketology ! Last year he had 14 to 16 right in exact seed and exact regional.
By the way does anyone also find it annoying that you can't print up Charlie's brackets as is? If you print it every bracket is on the left side of page for 6 pages instead of just one as he published!
Lville as a host can't go to Stanford. Use your Smartphone and take a picture of the screen.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Get a screen capture and print the image. Charlie's rate for "exact placements" really isn't that bad if you consider that one convoluted rules-placement-switch move by the committee likely will affect at least a half dozen other seedings. The likelihood of matching the committees final bracket is probably at least as bad as picking a correct bracket through to the championship, which is something in the quintillions to 1.

I do expect to be the first one ever to beat those odds this year however.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I would love to see a UCONN-Nebraska regional final and a Tenn-Louisville regional final. I know Lincoln would be sold out.... Louisville probably as well. Notre Dame vs South Carolina would be an intriguing regional final....... and a Duke vs Hampton or Texas Southern regional final in Palo Alto would be great for the sport as well.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I would love to see a UCONN-Nebraska regional final and a Tenn-Louisville regional final. I know Lincoln would be sold out.... Louisville probably as well. Notre Dame vs South Carolina would be an intriguing regional final.. and a Duke vs Hampton or Texas Southern regional final in Palo Alto would be great for the sport as well.
You slickster, you. Trying to slip Duke/ Hampton in on us. I see what you did there.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not sure about your first three regionals, but I sure think you nailed the fourth one, Triad!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure about your first three regionals, but I sure think you nailed the fourth one, Triad!

:p

It would be fun to see a cinderella squad make a run to the Regional Final or Final 4. Other than SW Mo State in the Final 4 in 2001.... and Gonzaga in the Regional Final a few years back.... I cant recall a similar run since Western Kentucky in the early 90s...

Reaction Score

It would be fun to see a cinderella squad make a run to the Regional Final or Final 4. Other than SW Mo State in the Final 4 in 2001.... and Gonzaga in the Regional Final a few years back.... I cant recall a similar run since Western Kentucky in the early 90s...

Arkansas as a #9 seed made it to the F4 in 98.
Lowest seed ever.

Reaction Score
"The committee will attempt to assign each team to a geographically compatible regional and first/second-round site, by order of the S curve. When multiple teams are a similar distance from a site, the team seeded higher in the s-curve will be assigned to the closest geographical proximity site."

Now we get into the kind of hairiness one finds in the applications section of the Rules of Golf.

What is the interaction between the first and second sentences under the new rule allowing hosting schools to play at their own site? Rebecca certainly was giving higher weight to the first sentence and it's "will attempt" over the second sentences "will."

I would go further and say that the rule is inoperative this year because in the first sentence it refers to "regional" sites, something that was abandoned this year. There are no regional sites. If the rule was valid in all cases they would have used the phrase"3rd & 4th rounds". This isn't a great rationale but it's sufficient for the committee to ignore it if they so choose.

That's all I have to say. This discussion reminds me too much of my former employment in a contract office where I sat through 3 hour meetings debating whether there should be a comma in a sentence.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I would go further and say that the rule is inoperative this year because in the first sentence it refers to "regional" sites, something that was abandoned this year. There are no regional sites. If the rule was valid in all cases they would have used the phrase"3rd & 4th rounds". This isn't a great rationale but it's sufficient for the committee to ignore it if they so choose.

That's all I have to say. This discussion reminds me too much of my former employment in a contract office where I sat through 3 hour meetings debating whether there should be a comma in a sentence.
You should read golf rulings.

Reaction Score
For obvious reasons that had escaped my mind :oops: Thanks for bringing it up :rolleyes:

Ha had forgotten. It served the greater good. No doubt it gave them the determination to come back the next year and knock out a certain evil team in the Elite 8.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
For obvious reasons that had escaped my mind :oops: Thanks for bringing it up :rolleyes:
Yes - I can see it now ... your wish comes true, Duke meets Hampton in the West regional final for a chance to go to the FF ... and in a stunning upset Hampton has a sixty point second half hitting 20 or 23 three point shots they attempt, erasing the 20 point halftime deficit and adding yet more to your list of 'if only's' with the lament 'why couldn't we have been sent to Lincoln or South Bend' which turned into cake walks when ND was ousted in the second round and Uconn lasted only to the sweet sixteen.' Meaning that your loss, while devastating, doesn't even rise to the second or third most shocking upset in tournament history!:eek:

Reaction Score

I loved my McCarville/Whalen Gophers way back about 13-14 years ago...

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

Charlie is saying since UConn to Louisville has been talked about and most are against it, Committee will send UConn to Lincoln to avoid the media/fan outrage. http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...ecticut-huskies-placement-louisville-regional

Stanford still the easiest bracket. IMHO the Louisville bracket is the toughest bracket.

I HOPE UCONN does o go to Lincoln. Enough with Louisville already. Send Tenn there as the Number one if you must. That might be a good game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I meant what changed to cause him to suddenly move UConn to Lincoln. Nothing. The guy just admitted he doesn't know what he's doing.
OR the utility of making the prediction is waning and he wanted to correct it before the actually selection.

HGN

Reaction Score
UConn should be placed in Lincoln. And Louisville should be made a #1 seed. Three(3) of Louisville's four(4) losses have been to the Number 1 team in the country. Why should they be punished for that. They have still won 30 games.

Reaction Score
Can the committee change which regionals are located on the same side of the bracket? I think it would be in the best interest of the committee, in terms of fan interest, to have a potential UCONN- TENNESSEE matchup in the semi-final, followed by a UCONN-NOTRE DAME matchup for the national championship. Restoring two of the best rivalries in the women's game should peak the interest of many fans and make for quite the exciting FF in Nashville.

Reaction Score
Can the committee change which regionals are located on the same side of the bracket?

The final four matchups are NOT determined yet. Creme's bracket does not predict how that bracket will look.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I loved my McCarville/Whalen Gophers way back about 13-14 years ago...

mad daffy.jpg

2004 and I didnt love it

Reaction Score
Dobbs Rover2- - I'm sorry I'm COMPUTER ILLITERATE, what is SCREEN CAPTURE?
Back in 2005 I had Baylor beating Michigan St. in FF with TN and LSU but another guy picked the exact finals score so he won the bracket challenge contest! I haven't come close since!
Icebear my bad! I meant to add L'ville #1 in L'ville and Baylor or WVU winner in Stanford!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Dobbs Rover2- - I'm sorry I'm COMPUTER ILLITERATE, what is SCREEN CAPTURE?
Back in 2005 I had Baylor beating Michigan St. in FF with TN and LSU but another guy picked the exact finals score so he won the bracket challenge contest! I haven't come close since!
Icebear my bad! I meant to add L'ville #1 in L'ville and Baylor or WVU winner in Stanford!
Usually there is a key on your keyboard called PrtSc or PrtScrn that whether by pressing it or possibly pressing the Alt and PrtSc keys at the same time will take a picture of the screen. You can then use the Ctrl-C keys to paste the captured image into a document that you can print.

Sometimes on older systems the Shift-F8 combo also took a screen capture.

There are also cool screen capture programs like MWSnap that you can download for free and that allows you options for what you want to take a picture of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom