Bracket Match | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracket Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What makes anything you say the fn Gospel according to 999? Why don't you try to communicate rather than you're arrogant assholic responses?

Jerry's points are simple to understand to me, yours as well. You both have ideas on how the schedule will play out and I'm in the middle. I'm worried about where we stand but only because of what we've seen thus far and what we haven't. Long way to go - relax pal!

All I ever said was that our OOC schedule was much better on paper before the season than how it's actually playing out and that we have "2 guaranteed OOC tournament teams" on there. It's probably closer to 3 at the moment with WVU, Duke and Texas. But guaranteeing Dayton, Florida, and Stanford make the tournament from what they've show so far is a tough sell.

Reaction Score
You call everyone a moron, , JO, but I am the a hole, okay, cool.

Look at the post above you. There is one person.

Lots of pools around here is correct as well, this is no different. You either put your trust in a 3rd party site member or do not.

It is a simple yes or no, if you want to for $500 we can start figuring out the details of who keeps the money (and for the 100th time it will not be me or you)

And nope. I've never called anyone anything on here except YOU.

Reaction Score
All I ever said was that our OOC schedule was much better on paper before the season than how it's actually playing out and that we have "2 guaranteed OOC tournament teams" on there. It's probably closer to 3 at the moment with WVU, Duke and Texas. But guaranteeing Dayton, Florida, and Stanford make the tournament from what they've show so far is a tough sell.

And you can disagree on the point without calling people db's, moron's etc etc.

heck I learned! :oops:

Reaction Score
And you can disagree on the point without calling people db's, moron's etc etc.

heck I learned! :oops:

I mean.. I only respond in that manner if I'm being called names. I believe Jerry said in the first post of this chain…

"Also, there was some clown who said our OOC was terrible and has only 2 NCAA tournament teams on it"

So if someone's gonna run there mouth at me so am I. I however will never start out lobbing names at people unlike him.

Reaction Score
The mediator is through, I'm done. It's time for a Boneyard Cage Match at Rookies/Chi Sam's in Cromwell. ;)

Reaction Score
Yes thats exactly what I'm saying. A 24-6 team in a horrid conference with not one signature OOC win? What wouldd be the signature wins? Buzzer beaters are loses dude, plain an simple, loses on our home court. Yale RPI, seriously?? Once they play league play that will drop quickly.

Last year we had beaten a top Florida team already plus the conference was much much better than this year.
I do not know the historically accuracy of this site, in fact I knocked it in the past, but it is all we have to go with.

I added in a loss at Cincy bringing us to 23-7 and it has our RPI at 15 and SOS at 44. That is probably a 6 seed.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/cgi-bin/rpiwizard.cgi

Reaction Score
I do not know the historically accuracy of this site, in fact I knocked it in the past, but it is all we have to go with.

I added in a loss at Cincy bringing us to 23-7 and it has our RPI at 15 and SOS at 44. That is probably a 6 seed.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/cgi-bin/rpiwizard.cgi

Your just plain stupid. Like for real. You honestly think we end up 23-7? With games left with Duke and tournament favorites Florida and Stanford? So basically we're going undefeated in the AAC? Do you want to add that into the bet?

Reaction Score
Your just plain stupid. Like for real. You honestly think we end up 23-7? With games left with Duke and tournament favorites Florida and Stanford? So basically we're going undefeated in the AAC? Do you want to add that into the bet?
Haha jeez, try to read the posts you respond to before hand because you are really making yourself look really really dumb. These are called hypothetical situations.

If you were able to follow along the hypothetical it is based on losing to Duke, Florida, @Smu, and @Cincy.

Oh and what does the bold mean?

But hey since I embarrassed you on showing you are liar about not calling people names, and laughed in your face about not being man enough to bet, and just being an internet tough guy I do not blame you for reaching to try to save face a little.

Your lack of ability to read and understand is concerning, I suggest you ask your parent for this for Christmas:
https://www.hookedonphonics.com/

Reaction Score
Haha jeez, try to read the posts you respond to before hand because you are really making yourself look really really dumb. These are called hypothetical situations.

If you were able to follow along the hypothetical it is based on losing to Duke, Florida, @Smu, and @Cincy.

Oh and what does the bold mean?

But hey since I embarrassed you on showing you are liar about not calling people names, and laughed in your face about not being man enough to bet, and just being an internet tough guy I do not blame you for reaching to try to save face a little.

Your lack of ability to read and understand is concerning, I suggest you ask your parent for this for Christmas:
https://www.hookedonphonics.com/

Internet tough guy? You've never been in a fight in your entire life. You're that guy that would NEVER say shi* to anyone in the real world. Hide behind your little keyboard and keep running your mouth. Try to act like a big tough guy by betting me over the internet with no means of actually getting it done. Set it up or otherwise your the one that looks like the jackass. I'm game for the 10th time.. While your add it add in your "hypothetical" 2 losses in AAC.

Reaction Score
The mediator is through, I'm done. It's time for a Boneyard Cage Match at Rookies/Chi Sam's in Cromwell. ;)
Mau you willing to hold the money till March? It is $500 a person

If so, I will paypal you tonight. Mr. tough guy is finally ready to put his money where his mouth is.

4 OOC opponents make the tournament I win, 3 or less make it he wins.

Reaction Score
Tough guy Jerry seems to think that losing to Yale on a "buzzer beater" is somehow healthy for our resume lol. What a loser.

Reaction Score
Tough guy Jerry seems to think that losing to Yale on a "buzzer beater" is somehow healthy for our resume lol. What a loser.
Yup I said that, bet it is harder for you to find proof of that then it was for me to find proof of you being a liar about calling people out. That is sarcasm, I am sure that was lost on you.

But hey if there is one thing you have done it is prove you have 0 ability to read, so it is good you are keeping up your rep.

Reaction Score
That is not what you wrote.

You said if we lose to Duke we have to beat Florida and Stanford and cannot lose to anyone but SMU in the conference. That is wrong.

Yale's RPI is 42. It is not devastating.

Under your scenario you are saying 24-6 with losses to Texas and Yale on buzzer beaters, and to Duke, SMU, WVU and say Stanford is not a tournament team.

But hey half this board said there was no chance we made the tournament last year after we lost to Houston and SMU, so I guess this is par for the course

"Yale's RPI is 42. It is not devastating."

Um… that's going to be an absolute devastating loss by the end of the year… but nice try.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Um… that's going to be an absolute devastating loss by the end of the year… but nice try.

No. It's probably not. Ivy has gotten 2 Top 100 teams in recent years.

Yale is good. Deal with it.

Also, can we discuss that Lunardi had a 'Cuse-UConn 8-9 game...

Reaction Score
"Yale's RPI is 42. It is not devastating."

So I guess healthy and not devastating are now synonyms, interesting, but not surprising.

Oh just so you are not lost: A synonym is a word with the same or similar meaning of another word.

Also, I guess one game is indicative of a season now. So are you now going to stop making threads saying Florida is not a tournament team cause no team has ever made the tournament with a 118 RPI? http://the-boneyard.com/threads/florida.69377/

Jeez, I did not know the selection committee put such high weight on the December 8th RPI for teams.

Reaction Score
So I guess healthy and not devastating are now synonyms, interesting, but not surprising.

Oh just so you are not lost: A synonym is a word with the same or similar meaning of another word.

Also, I guess one game is indicative of a season now. So are you now going to stop making threads saying Florida is not a tournament team cause no team has ever made the tournament with a 118 RPI? http://the-boneyard.com/threads/florida.69377/

Jeez, I did not know the selection committee put such high weight on the December 8th RPI for teams.

I'm done with you, your such a jerk off. Ignore.

Reaction Score
Posted in another thread, but interviewing Lunardi for the AAC Basketball Blog tomorrow. Fire away with questions if you have.

Reaction Score
Posted in another thread, but interviewing Lunardi for the AAC Basketball Blog tomorrow. Fire away with questions if you have.
I think it's obvious, but something along the lines of:

Now that UConn likely will not earn a win against a ranked team in OOC, and considering the relative (to last year) weakness of the AAC, exactly what does the defending national champion need to do in conference to earn X seed? What does one loss do? Two? Three? etc.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
RPI or not, we've now settled on the conclusion that "Yale is a good loss. They're a good team."

Where did we go wrong? What the hell happened to UConn basketball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom