Boykin transferring | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Boykin transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We still have KLS and Collier from DJB's class. If any of those other two get home sick then yeah it could be problematic. You also have to temper expectations and realize that we're most likely not going to see another Stewie/Mo/Tuck class for the remainder of the Geno/CD era.

Why not a class like that?

Reaction Score
We still have KLS and Collier from DJB's class. If any of those other two get home sick then yeah it could be problematic. You also have to temper expectations and realize that we're most likely not going to see another Stewie/Mo/Tuck class for the remainder of the Geno/CD era.

Maybe in any era, HF. Ask UNCheat.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
that we're most likely not going to see another Stewie/Mo/Tuck class for the remainder of the Geno/CD era.

There have hardly been any classes that strong in the history of the sport.

Reaction Score
First I would like to wish Ms Boykin all the best.

Next I would like to admit that altruism is not one of my strengths.
Boykin's departure sucks.
I do not believe in "she is only 17" and all that crap.
These transfers screw up our recruiting.

I read a ton in the old Boneyard about Liz Sherwood's size, mass, volume, smile etc and then she was gone.
We were left without a true center.
Then Harper tempted us only to deceive.
This is how our recruiting gets screwed up. Harper verbaled. Anosike decided not to come here. Then harper left for Maryland.
I have always privately referred to EDD as "The Sweet Cheat Gone" (with due acknowledgement to C. K Scott Moncrieff)
And please do not mention Samarie Walker to me.

Lots of issues there. Repeat after me...Life goes on!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Probably time to construct the list again: surprising how it's growing, and mostly kids that we tend to think of fondly.
Engelin. Banks. Michala. Kennitra. Sherwood. Sadie. Samarie. Gemelos? EDD? (Not that I mean for this to become a discussion of whether she belongs on the list or not.) Kia Wright? Goring?

Who are the others? Wasn't there a guard who wound up at Vanderbilt?
Kristen Phillips (click on LINK)

Reaction Score
Well that opens up an scholarship for us. Hate to see her leave cuz she seems happy to be a Husky and be at all of the events and so on so what really happened? ?

Reaction Score
Bummed but not surprised. Certainly makes the recruiting for 2017 that much more interesting as I don't think anyone really believes Irwin is a logical replacement for what Boykin's vacuum leaves.
Since we have no clue what Boykin could have done, then I am willing to call your bluff. She'll do just fine.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
True, but not an issue since Geno hasn't ever used all of his available scholarships anyway.

Scholarships not an issue, but space is. Guessing one more player needed for 2017. Was thinking they'd go with three, now probably four.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
My question is...if she wasn't hurt, if her grades were not a problem and she was playing 12 minutes per game...does she transfer???

Reaction Score
I would not like to come away feeling like the goat (I am), but these posts give me the feeling at being at a wake/funeral. All giving their testimonial to the recent deceased. Perhaps we are in denial, but we have been a full member of the Transfer Club for quite some time. Nevertheless, I too wish for her the very best and the right decision hereon.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
My question is...if she wasn't hurt, if her grades were not a problem and she was playing 12 minutes per game...does she transfer???
An inscrutable question.

Reaction Score
She is leaving because she wants to be closer to home. Storrs isn't going to get any closer to Maryland no matter how many minutes she played or how well she did academically. Geno and Co. can't predict which recruits are going to get home sick, so it's always a gamble to some degree.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
First I would like to wish Ms Boykin all the best.

Next I would like to admit that altruism is not one of my strengths.
Boykin's departure sucks.
I do not believe in "she is only 17" and all that crap.
These transfers screw up our recruiting.

I read a ton in the old Boneyard about Liz Sherwood's size, mass, volume, smile etc and then she was gone.
We were left without a true center.
Then Harper tempted us only to deceive.
This is how our recruiting gets screwed up. Harper verbaled. Anosike decided not to come here. Then harper left for Maryland.
I have always privately referred to EDD as "The Sweet Cheat Gone" (with due acknowledgement to C. K Scott Moncrieff)
And please do not mention Samarie Walker to me.
WTF? When they transfer it's not personal.

Reaction Score
This is an interesting list. But what is it you are trying to say about this list>
Just that it's a larger (and growing) list than one might suspect. These are good players and good kids, but UCONN isn't for everyone. I generally find myself rooting FOR these kids when I see them playing for other teams (though not against UCONN, obviously).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Probably time to construct the list again: surprising how it's growing, and mostly kids that we tend to think of fondly.
Engelin. Banks. Michala. Kennitra. Sherwood. Sadie. Samarie. Gemelos? EDD? (Not that I mean for this to become a discussion of whether she belongs on the list or not.) Kia Wright? Goring?

Who are the others? Wasn't there a guard who wound up at Vanderbilt?
Don't know if we need to make the list, but we definitely are not immune to transfers. (not too many programs are)

Amy Hughes, Tammy Arnold, Brenda Marquis, Jean Clark, Marci Glenney, Kennitra Johnson, Kirsten Walters (didn't xfr but had to leave the team due to injury), Kia Wright, Liz Sherwood, Kiana Robinson, Rashad Sadiq, Kirsten Phillips, EDD, Jess McCormick, Samarie Walker, Michala Johnson, Lauren Engeln, Sadie Edwards, Brianna Banks, and De'Janae Boykin. That's about all I got. Probably missed a couple.

One reason I never worry, like some people here, about playing time and how Geno is going to dole out the minutes. Things always happen (good and bad), injuries, transfers, etc.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Good Luck to DJB. This thread soundsl like fans are panicking. We have a very talented roster going into next season. Nurse is great. Saniya has experience and makes very few mistakes. Butler is 6'5 and averaged a double double. Collier and Katie Lou are top picks. Ek is a great shooter and along with Katie Lou their shots will come around before the end of the season and then look out. Dangerfield and company come in next season and that's a class although not ranked highly will be a very good class. Irwin at 6'2 can rebound.

So what are we looking at. Butler averaged a double double. Collier is a very good rebounder and puts up great stats. We have a pretty good defense but what we really have is a balanced scoring attack. What we need to work on is chemistry. Our front line of 6'5 6'3 6'2 and if Tuck stays we are really good again. Understand that this season we are blowing teams out. The teams we don't beat by 20+ is a direct result of getting our underclassman more time and ready for next season. So by beating most teams by 20+ and losing Mojeff and Stewie who for arguments sake put up 30-35 pts per game on average every game we are not going to lose that much scoring by replacing them with Collier and Katie Lou. Where we need to pick it up is on defense as Stewie and Mojeff are two heck of a defenders. Next years team will be different then this years team which is true every year. We have the ingredients and with Boykin transferring we will attract some really good players because we now have openings.

I would not be surprised to see to see Geno pull a recruit out of his pocket before the end of the season. JMO

Reaction Score
And rightly so.

Transfer talk about players who haven't said they would transfer is against the Boneyard rules.

Hypothesized. Didn't say anyone's name. But thanks for reminding me of the BY rules.

Reaction Score
Very classy for Geno to air out the dirty laundry about her academics..guess he's trying to do damage control with this chronic transfer (especially two McD's in consecutive years) issue..

Reaction Score
She is leaving because she wants to be closer to home. Storrs isn't going to get any closer to Maryland no matter how many minutes she played or how well she did academically. Geno and Co. can't predict which recruits are going to get home sick, so it's always a gamble to some degree.
Then why did Gino throw her under the bus re: academics?

Reaction Score
Don't know if we need to make the list, but we definitely are not immune to transfers. (not too many programs are)

Amy Hughes, Tammy Arnold, Brenda Marquis, Jean Clark, Marci Glenney, Kennitra Johnson, Kirsten Walters (didn't xfr but had to leave the team due to injury), Kia Wright, Liz Sherwood, Kiana Robinson, Rashad Sadiq, Kirsten Phillips, EDD, Jess McCormick, Samarie Walker, Michala Johnson, Lauren Engeln, Sadie Edwards, Brianna Banks, and De'Janae Boykin. That's about all I got. Probably missed a couple.

One reason I never worry, like some people here, about playing time and how Geno is going to dole out the minutes. Things always happen (good and bad), injuries, transfers, etc.

Worry, worry, worry. Why can't we just be happy with what we all have. So sad!!

BTW M-7, can you remember any transfers that excelled at the transfer school and/or went on to become a significant professional...besides EDD (she doesn't really count)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom