Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Belk is supposed to be Duke/Cincinnati
Yankee is Syracuse rumored to be West Virginia opponent
Russell Athletic is Rutgers rumored to be Virginia Tech opponent

Rumor for Pitt is back to BBVA Birmingham -
And Sugar supposed to be Louisville and Florida.

Some of the other games set..
Rice versus Air Force
Arizona State versus Navy
ECU and UL-L
BYU and SDSU

Gotta love the Big 10 pushing for Nebraska to get the Cap One bowl.

The Big 10 is going to get dismantled in their games.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Perhaps they will get dismantled (as is par for the course) but you have to admire a conference that can get eight or nine of their members New Years Day bowl games.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Belk is supposed to be Duke/Cincinnati
Yankee is Syracuse rumored to be West Virginia opponent
Russell Athletic is Rutgers rumored to be Virginia Tech opponent

Rumor for Pitt is back to BBVA Birmingham -
And Sugar supposed to be Louisville and Florida.

Some of the other games set..
Rice versus Air Force
Arizona State versus Navy
ECU and UL-L
BYU and SDSU

I'm surprised that the Pinstripe didn't try harder to make it a "Backyard Brawl" matchup with WVU and Pitt. Did they get to pick the BE slate before BBVA, or did they just decide that having a NY team was better?

Reaction Score
I'm surprised that the Pinstripe didn't try harder to make it a "Backyard Brawl" matchup with WVU and Pitt. Did they get to pick the BE slate before BBVA, or did they just decide that having a NY team was better?

Saw WVA picked over OklaState

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Saw WVA picked over OklaState

So that's my point. If you're hell-bent on getting in WVU, why wouldn't you match them up against their most hated rival, in the first year in "God knows how long" where they didn't have their rivalry game? I would assume that the place would be near sold out with that matchup. They might still get a really good turnout with Syracuse and WVU, but I think they may have missed out on a real opportunity (if they indeed picked first and could control it)...

Reaction Score
Louisville better hope it's not Florida. Bridgewater may take his last breath in that game.

Reaction Score
So that's my point. If you're hell-bent on getting in WVU, why wouldn't you match them up against their most hated rival, in the first year in "God knows how long" where they didn't have their rivalry game? I would assume that the place would be near sold out with that matchup. They might still get a really good turnout with Syracuse and WVU, but I think they may have missed out on a real opportunity (if they indeed picked first and could control it)...

Because Birmingham loves Pitt so much... Third year in a row! Pitt players pissing and moaning about it.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Because Birmingham loves Pitt so much... Third year in a row! Pitt players pissing and moaning about it.

They had better hope they don't run into another SMU juggernaut this year... ;)

Reaction Score

That would have been a terrific bowl game to put together and one that would have obviously been very successful from a fan perspective as well as financially. Unfortunately the idiots that make these decisions probably don't even realize WVU and Pitt don't like each other. I hate that college football is currently in the hands of people that know more about revenue streams and media markets than they do about college football. This is hands down the least enthusiastic I've ever been for a bowl season, and I don't think it's just because we're not in one.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
That would have been a terrific bowl game to put together and one that would have obviously been very successful from a fan perspective as well as financially. Unfortunately the idiots that make these decisions probably don't even realize WVU and Pitt don't like each other. I hate that college football is currently in the hands of people that know more about revenue streams and media markets than they do about college football. This is hands down the least enthusiastic I've ever been for a bowl season, and I don't think it's just because we're not in one.

All I can say is that if the BBVA had the first pick and chose Pitt, then so be it. But if the Pinstripe had the first pick, and they blindly went Syracuse due to their...proximity...then they missed out on an opportunity both financially and from a fan's perspective...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Pitt gets Ole Miss. That is a terrible Bowl and date.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LA Tech turned down invite to not play ULM.

Reaction Score
All I can say is that if the BBVA had the first pick and chose Pitt, then so be it. But if the Pinstripe had the first pick, and they blindly went Syracuse due to their...proximity...then they missed out on an opportunity both financially and from a fan's perspective...

The Yankee Bowl knew about the rivalry and considered it. I tend to think they got a better game and will sell more tickets for WVU -- Syracuse

Reaction Score
The Yankee Bowl knew about the rivalry and considered it. I tend to think they got a better game and will sell more tickets for WVU -- Syracuse
agree BL. the way cuse handled WV last yr i think holgerson will be loaded for bear this time around especially with the offense they have now. WV looks for payback big time...

Reaction Score
Lots of SU alum in NYC, more than Pitt

Reaction Score
This one is a rivalry too... There is going to be 2 trophies in play for the game.

Reaction Score
Surprised that Cotton missed opportunity for Texas - Texas A&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member