Bouknight arrested? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Bouknight arrested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For the people in the thread who think James didn't drive or that it was smart he returned to his car to sleep it off and it's a bogus DWI arrest, there is a fuller picture now. Bouknight was in the driver's seat blocking access to the parking garage with his car and was passed out. Security banged on his window to wake him up and were unsuccessful. Once they were able to see enough through the tint in his window to see he had a gun on his lap they called law enforcement.

Reaction Score

Why is it always TMZ?

I was thinking he probably had the unregistered gun in his glovebox or something. Sitting in his lap? Not a good look. Get the kid into rehab and therapy ASAP. He's asking to kill someone or be killed if he keeps this up.

Reaction Score
Why was the Glock out? This kid really needs help. Forget basketball. Just get help
I guess you can tell Bouknight got some very good advice. If you carry concealed in a car in North Carolina, you need a CCW permit. If you open carry in a vehicle you do not. He did exactly the right thing with his weapon. Other option is to keep in a LOCKED glove box, console or in the trunk. Since he applied for a CCW somewhere along the way he learned about legal handling of a firearm. Now being drunk with a bag of doritos, that's obviously a different story. They might get him on §131.02, possession of a weapon while intoxicated.

Reaction Score
I guess you can tell Bouknight got some very good advice. If you carry concealed in a car in North Carolina, you need a CCW permit. If you open carry in a vehicle you do not. He did exactly the right thing with his weapon. Other option is to keep in a LOCKED glove box, console or in the trunk. Since he applied for a CCW somewhere along the way he learned about legal handling of a firearm. Now being drunk with a bag of doritos, that's obviously a different story. They might get him on §131.02, possession of a weapon while intoxicated.

I don't know about you... but when I'm blackout drunk with a gun, I'm usually not considering the North Carolina general statutes.

Reaction Score
Yea after all these details I would be surprised if his 3rd year option got picked up, only reason for doing so would be Charlotte not conceding they completely blew a lottery pick that was supposed to replace the previous lottery pick(Monk).

Reaction Score
I don't know about you... but when I'm blackout drunk with a gun, I'm usually not considering the North Carolina general statutes.
True, and while we can make pithy comments about it, he most likely will be charged using 14-1415, which means he'll be denied his CCW permit. These are run of the mill add-on charges that the DA loves to pursue. In the grand scheme of things, these are all misdemeanors, so his legal jeopardy isn't sky high. But what sucks when you add in his alleged reckless driving charges, you get to the longer end of the punishment scale. And in the future, if you need to come hat in hand on some other charges, it becomes easier and easier to say no.

Reaction Score
Hinting that he shut people from UConn out?

No, not exactly. My burning bridges comment was more about him professionally. People with elite skills are often offered easy forgiveness, right or wrong, but so far, James hasn’t proven that his professional skills will earn him that privilege.

Dan and Kimani have some personal lived experiences that make them good resources for him right now, when he’s in the headspace to get it. Until then, you don’t give up on people you care about. That doesn’t mean you lie to them and tell them what they want to hear or that you don’t step back when that seems like the right thing to do.

He did mess up his freshmen year, we know that- was suspended for three games and had restrictions on team activities. He was also eligible for a first-time offenders program, which he was in for a year and successfully completed. It would be professionally unethical for me to offer any kind of firm take here; but, given his age and gender, one would want to make sure all possible contributing factors are looked at. People like to talk tough about what they’d do or say to him, but it‘s not enabling to let people know you are there for them, while setting appropriate boundaries.

Reaction Score
True, and while we can make pithy comments about it, he most likely will be charged using 14-1415, which means he'll be denied his CCW permit. These are run of the mill add-on charges that the DA loves to pursue. In the grand scheme of things, these are all misdemeanors, so his legal jeopardy isn't sky high. But what sucks when you add in his alleged reckless driving charges, you get to the longer end of the punishment scale. And in the future, if you need to come hat in hand on some other charges, it becomes easier and easier to say no.

I mean, you implied that a blackout drunk Bouknight was seriously considering his legal culpability when he fell asleep with his piece in his lap.

He wasn't thinking--he just got lucky.

I expect James will have minimal consequences--he's going to have the best defense lawyers in the state working for him.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Low, and it has nothing to do with his DUI.
I agree the drinking is just one example of James not doing what he needs to do to prepare for the season. does he have parents?

Reaction Score
For the people in the thread who think James didn't drive or that it was smart he returned to his car to sleep it off and it's a bogus DWI arrest, there is a fuller picture now. Bouknight was in the driver's seat blocking access to the parking garage with his car and was passed out. Security banged on his window to wake him up and were unsuccessful. Once they were able to see enough through the tint in his window to see he had a gun on his lap they called law enforcement.
Oh so there's still details coming out? Interesting

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Why is it always TMZ?

I was thinking he probably had the unregistered gun in his glovebox or something. Sitting in his lap? Not a good look. Get the kid into rehab and therapy ASAP. He's asking to kill someone or be killed if he keeps this up.
TMZ pays off more than the others?

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
this story keeps getting worse. Next detail to come out will be hit lit an orphanage on fire before he got in the car.

Reaction Score

Holy hell, he's in a terrible place. This reminds me so much of the collision course Eddie Griffin was on. Bouk isn't some star player and the Hornets have so many problems I see the Hornets dumping him but they along with the NBA need to offer him help. Also John Lucas, Greg Anthony, Hurley, Kimani etc. need to do everything they can to help him but it's up to James to help himself.

It's becoming more and more clear he doesn't give a care and is suicidal.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
In college we used to use an air horn to wake each other up sometimes for ishts and giggles. I cannot imagine not waking up at the sound of one of those things.
Apparently, one of your roommates was at the scene of Bouknight's arrest! From the headline of the article, "Officers set up a perimeter and attempted to wake Bouknight up by using a P.A. system, blasting airhorns and using lights for almost an hour." [EDIT: You may have said that because you read the article, not just coincidentally.]

I guess it's the difference between asleep and unconscious. I'm assuming they did all of this because of the gun in his lap. Wouldn't want to wake him up and have him reflexively shoot someone.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Love that. If you're not a gun guy, saying his gun was 40mm is like saying he's 6.7 meters tall.
Sweet gun that compact Glock 40 S&W good for Bouk for not going for the run-of-the-mill 9mm

1666200034950.png

Reaction Score
I'm assuming they did all of this because of the gun in his lap.

Definitely--that's a super dangerous situation. Unconscious drunk/high person asleep in their running car and a loaded gun in their lap. Dude won't even wake up with an air horn, but as soon as he wakes up, he starts smashing into police cars? That's an UGLY scene. Seems like 5-0 handled this one properly.

Reaction Score
So much is wrong with the TMZ pics, not least of which a photo of possible crime is already leaked. FWIW I do not se James in that pic - do you?

You can make out the tattoo he has on his left hand. Obviously doesn't mean it's him... but honestly, TMZ is rarely wrong despite how scummy they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom