Boston College v PITT tonight | The Boneyard

Boston College v PITT tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did anyone catch any part of PITT/BC tonight?

What a lame fan turnout for the first home game of the season, especially after a respectable showing in week one.

Officially it was 30k, but that seemed to be generous.

How can they be "Power 5"!?!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They're having issues - they've been Groupon'ing the hell out of their tickets and you can still buy a lower field level seat for next weekend's game against freaking USC.

But hey, they preferred Pittsburgh and wanted to be "the New England team".

Well done, kids.

Reaction Score
BC has never been much of a fan experience at the stadium....but the city is fun to visit, especially a little later in the fall.

Their fans just don't have the fervor of a football town.....

In comparison, Louisville is looking more like Clemson and FSU in terms of fan interest.

pj

Reaction Score
BC's ambition is to be Wake Forest, but they really are more of a Rice. They have a nice college which doesn't really belong in the big business of major college athletics.

Reaction Score
Embarrassing turnout for BC, especially at the beginning of the game. One would have to think the admins are kicking themselves for this decision. Ironically, as much as this person is demonized in the catholic religion....BC= Judas. That's what you get!

Reaction Score
"Officially" 30,083 in attendance for a home opener against a decent PITT team.

Reaction Score
I've been saying this from the beginning. It was in BC's best interest to have UCONN in the ACC and visa versa. Frankly it helps Rutgers and Syracuse as well. New England and more broadly the northeast benefits from more college football exposure and more in the way of regional rivalries. This "we own New England" is beyond delusional.

GDF is not a duck*ing idiot as I often refer to him. However, he was little more than a gym teacher before taking the AD position and had no idea what he was doing.....which is pretty much why everything he touched turned to . I think he and the good father also write their ethical playbooks based on the particular situation they are facing, but that's another matter.

Reaction Score
Guys, this is a big time match up! THIRTY YEARS AGO

Reaction Score
I watched the BC vs USC game last night.

The crowd looked pretty lively to me...especially for BC. Maybe they are at a turning point.

Reaction Score

The crowd looked pretty lively to me...especially for BC. Maybe they are at a turning point.
USC cannot play in rain. BC got lucky. Anyone east who plays USC would get a lively crowd.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

UCONN would sellout against USC too and the atmosphere would be just as good or better.

Side question: are you going to revisit this thread after every BC game? So when they draw 31K against Maine and Colorado St (and possibly struggle to beat), will you come back here and pump up BC as the next best program in college football behind FSU? If so, then your posts might be better served on BC boards. Nobody outside of a 3 block radius of Chestnut Hill gives a hoot about BC athletics.

Reaction Score
UCONN would sellout against USC too and the atmosphere would be just as good or better.

Side question: are you going to revisit this thread after every BC game? So when they draw 31K against Maine and Colorado St (and possibly struggle to beat), will you come back here and pump up BC as the next best program in college football behind FSU? If so, then your posts might be better served on BC boards. Nobody outside of a 3 block radius of Chestnut Hill gives a hoot about BC athletics.
BC did not sell out the USC game, listed attendance was 41K. 20% of the crowd were USC fans too. The students were pumped and loud, but if you can't get pumped and loud for #9 USC to show up at your home field, then you should just pack it up and go home.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
BC did not sell out the USC game, listed attendance was 41K. 20% of the crowd were USC fans too. The students were pumped and loud, but if you can't get pumped and loud for #9 USC to show up at your home field, then you should just pack it up and go home.

They didn't?? I have to admit, I didn't watch the game out of protest (not like I would have watched BC anyway though). Just know that they won and that I've added USC to my list of teams that I now hate for dropping a game to those guys.

Reaction Score
They didn't?? I have to admit, I didn't watch the game out of protest (not like I would have watched BC anyway though). Just know that they won and that I've added USC to my list of teams that I now hate for dropping a game to those guys.
Nope, 3K empty seats. Tickets were readily available at game time and there were large bunches of empty seats in the upper levels.

Reaction Score

Nothing says football like a bunch of nerdy kids singing songs during a football game. I love it when they burst into Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline (I'm kidding of course) :eek:. It makes losing to them in Chestnut Hill very painful. That said, BC put it to the Trojans last night. That O-line is very formidable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom