Borges Tweet: Good news on the way? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Borges Tweet: Good news on the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nah it was all Louisville, after Borzello went UConn the UConn picks started to come in.

It's now 5-4 UConn over L'ville. I like the fact that 3 of the 4 votes today have been for UC! Late news is the best news.....generally! lol By the way, Borzello is also now the only one who has us getting Kasongo. Certainly hoping he's right...he does have an 85+% success rate! It also may be positive that he never flipped yesterday on RK, as many of the others did.

Reaction Score
NextUpRecruits.com@NextUpRecruits 1h
6'3 PG Sam Cassell Jr of Chipola College tells us he has narrowed his list down to UCONN and Louisville. @sam2ss2ll

Nice. The Louisville fans are saying they have an advantage because his dad has a relationship with Pitino. You would think the fact that Ollie actually played with with his dad in the FRACKING NBA that Ollie would have the advantage here...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
"Somethings Coming, Something Good"! Just hope the ending is better!

Reaction Score
His dads close with ray allen, played with him on the bucks + celts.

Reaction Score
Winning a head to head recruiting battle against the defending champs (and the team that beat us out for the last seat on the conference realignment bus) would be a huge coup and a great sign going forward.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
KO was on the Bucks one of those years as well as a backup to Cassell

UConn (briefly) recruited Sam Cassell, Sr. back in the day.

He played a game at Gampel in his last year at FSU - FSU won pretty easily thanks to Bob Sura who begged UConn for a scholarship.

Reaction Score

He played a game at Gampel in his last year at FSU - FSU won pretty easily thanks to Bob Sura who begged UConn for a scholarship.
Never knew Bobby Sura was begging for an offer, he was one of my favorite players. Sounds like the staff whiffed on that one. Do you remember who we took instead?

Reaction Score
Never knew Bobby Sura was begging for an offer, he was one of my favorite players. Sounds like the staff whiffed on that one. Do you remember who we took instead?
http://articles.courant.com/1993-02...ampel-pavilion-academic-eligibility-standards

UConn coach Jim Calhoun said his staff was intrigued by Sura, but they already had reserved a scholarship for guard Rich Ashmeade, who was at St. Thomas More in Colchester trying to meet freshman academic eligibility standards.
"We had already signed five or six kids and we still had Donyell Marshall as a potential [small forward]," Calhoun said. "And we had an obligation to Richie. [Assistant coach] Dave [Leitao] pushed for Bobby, but we couldn't come to a decision because of Richie.
"He turned out to be a great player. But that happens in recruiting. If I piled up all the ones I almost got and all the ones I almost took, I could've either been fired or won the national championship."

Reaction Score

I remember Cassell and Sura mocking the student section at the end of that game . . .

Reaction Score
Remember the game. An anomaly to get our head handed to us at Gampel. To be fair Sura was not highly recruited, .

Reaction Score
Bobby Sura was one of my favorites when we were in high school. We even made up a fake story about meeting him in Wilkes-Barre (his hometown and not too far from us) for a paper on a summer experience we had. I loved that FSU team Charlie ward Cassell dobard and Doug Edwards!! Must have been lunkheads bc they had crazy skills!

Reaction Score
Sura graduated from high school in Wilkes Barre. Caron went to Maine Central.

Reaction Score
@TheBBallDiary: There could be a kid tonight to commit to UConn. Its unconfirmed who that player is.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
@TheBBallDiary: There could be a kid tonight to commit to UConn. Its unconfirmed who that player is.

yes-man1.jpg

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

Didn't we determine that's the same person who tweeted they were building a statue of JC on campus and that Taliek was going to be hired? My understanding was that he had been discredited.

Reaction Score
Didn't we determine that's the same person who tweeted they were building a statue of JC on campus and that Taliek was going to be hired? My understanding was that he had been discredited.
Considering he was at practice today and most likely talked to the staff I would put a little more weight into this one.

Reaction Score
@DaveBorges: No word yet tonight on Sam Cassell, Jr. It's down to #UConn, Louisville. Should know within next 24 hours or so.

Reaction Score
@DaveBorges: No word yet tonight on Sam Cassell, Jr. It's down to #UConn, Louisville. Should know within next 24 hours or so.

That's stressful.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he's not a fan of coaches who go around offering to pay for abortions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom