borge on bonzie colson | The Boneyard

borge on bonzie colson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not the first kid to say he "wasn't sure" if we offered him. Really weird to me, but I am not a D-1 basketball coach. Probably means they didn't? Anyone remember who the other player was that said that?

Kuran Iverson, Ron Patterson...I take the "I'm not sure if I was offered" answer to mean they weren't.

Reaction Score
As of right now, we will have 10 ship players on the roster in 2014. Probably 8 if DD & Boat leave. A high energy, unselfish player like this could be great for us. We will likely have a few very skilled, highly rated players on that team (Purvis, Facey, Hamilton, Omar, and whoever else we bring in for 014). Not everyone needs to be a 5* stud.
If this kid is what they say (skilled post player, hustle, unselfish, good teammate), it could be a great thing for a team built like that.
5 Ships to give after Hamilton & Purvis (provided Boat & DD leave). We currently have Nolan, Brimah, and Facey for the 4/5 spots for that year (i see Tolk as more of a 3, but the argument can be made for either....we will have to see what he develops in his game) Many types of players to get, and they don't all have to be prototypical.

Reaction Score
I remember his dad and that URI team.......Cinderella and one to root for then!!!

Reaction Score
Kuran Iverson, Ron Patterson...I take the "I'm not sure if I was offered" answer to mean they weren't.

In other words UConn is interested but he's not a top priority yet. You better believe Kelly Oubre and Leron Black know we've offered!

Reaction Score
I remember his dad and that URI team.......Cinderella and one to root for then!!!

That was a great team. My best bud went there at that time so I followed them closely. He lived with Bonzie Sr and Kenny Green (who, I believe, led the nation in blocks that year). Green had balky knees but could play. Colson was a solid big man role player.

Reaction Score
I am not sure he has a huge impact on a abu black or kelly o

Reaction Score
Pretty impressive list. Stanford recruits you only if the school has already accepted you!!!

Reaction Score
Didn't the Kenny Green team beat the OVERRATED Cuse in the Dance??

Wow, Kenny Green! I remember him. He was a monster. Big, strong, solid player... bad knees! I had forgotten about him.
I found this article just now...
http://www.providencejournal.com/sp...rks-25th-anniversary-of-1988-sweet-16-run.ece

There will be an even bigger celebration during the game, one that will bring back some of the greatest memories in program history. The 1987-88 team coached by Tom Penders will be honored on the 25th anniversary of reaching the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament.
That squad, led by Tommy Garrick, Silk Owens and Kenny Green, was a classic Runnin' Rams club. It was given an 11-seed in the NCAA Tournament after finishing second to Temple, the No. 1 team in the country for much of the season, in A-10 play. Three of URI's seven losses that season were to Temple, including in the A-10 title game.
URI beat Missouri in the opening round and knocked off a Syracuse team that featured Sherman Douglas, Rony Seikaly and Derrick Coleman in the second round before dropping a one-point decision to Duke in the Sweet 16. The team's 28 victories remains a URI record to this day.

Reaction Score
Penders always the opportunist left shortly thereafter for Austin. Makes me OLD. He and Wes B are soon to be 68

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Pretty impressive list. Stanford recruits you only if the school has already accepted you!!!
That's not true. If they only recruited kids who had been accepted they would only recruit seniors. They do a couple of things that other schools don't do though

1. Request transcripts before they start seriously recruiting a kid
2. Assign a recruiter to assist recruits in setting up a high school class schedule that will help get them into Stanford. Specifically, making sure they take enough AP courses.

Reaction Score
Most of the people they approach have been "accepted". Everybody looks at tscripts.Once they start making sure you have AP courses, you're IN without a formal acceptance. They almost NEVER lose someone who gets to the AP stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom