Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bulletin Board material for UConn:

"It's going to take a miracle."

He's right. DOOOMMMMED.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I listen to his morning show every day; in NY, nobody cares about college basketball. Outside of the tourney or the occasional Maryland game, I'd be willing to bet Boomer hasn't watched more than 5 minutes of college ball all year.

Reaction Score
I listen to his morning show every day; in NY, nobody cares about college basketball. Outside of the tourney or the occasional Maryland game, I'd be willing to bet Boomer hasn't watched more than 5 minutes of college ball all year.

Lots of people in NY care about college basketball.

Do not judge NY by what he thinks. Boomer is an idiot. He hates the Giants. And is one of the worst broadcasters in the business.

Last edited:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Do not judge NY by what he thinks. Boomer is an idiot. He hates the Giants. And is one of the worse broadcasters in the business.

It's a pro town. They spend more time on talk radio taking calls on spring training than they do on the NCAA tournament in March. Just the way it is there.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score

Do not judge NY by what he thinks. Boomer is an idiot. He hates the Giants. And is one of the worse broadcasters in the business.

It's a pro town. They spend more time on talk radio taking calls on spring training than they do on the NCAA tournament in March. Just the way it is there.

You are both right!

They don't spend anytime on 660 talking about college basketball BUT a lot of people do want to hear it! As we showed last week there is A LOT of UCONN/college basketball fans in the NYC area!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

First off, as Boomer was Jet, would you expect him to be a Giants fan? Second, if I were a NYC sports call-in show host, I'd hate the Giants too. They're button-downed boring as hell and have been since LT left. The Jets are always entertaining, always news relevant and deliver much richer content day-in and day-out in both on-field antics, backroom politics and insane call-ins.

Reaction Score
If my wife was due on Saturday I would of driven her to the hospital to get that baby out early. Although being born on a final four day might
Mean mojo for life.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If my wife was due on Saturday I would of driven her to the hospital to get that baby out early. Although being born on a final four day might
Mean mojo for life.

But only if you name the baby Testiculo.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Bulletin Board material for UConn:

"It's going to take a miracle."

He's right. DOOOMMMMED.

We believe in miracles. Still Doomed.

Reaction Score

Doesn't matter if it prefers pro sports. You said "NOBODY CARES ABOUT COLLEGE BASKETBALL" and that is flat out wrong. There are 8 million people there. A large amount of which care about college hoops.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Doesn't matter if it prefers pro sports. You said "NOBODY CARES ABOUT COLLEGE BASKETBALL" and that is flat out wrong. There are 8 million people there. A large amount of which care about college hoops.

You read my comment way too literally. I listen to the talk shows every day; they field ZERO calls on college basketball outside of March, and not as many as they do on baseball during that month. There are some people that care, but the radio station would be taking more calls on college basketball if the demand was there; they're in the business of making money.

Reaction Score

St John's takes the blame here. Hell they even had to bring in the Nets to keep NBA talk relevant.

Reaction Score
You read my comment way too literally. I listen to the talk shows every day; they field ZERO calls on college basketball outside of March, and not as many as they do on baseball during that month. There are some people that care, but the radio station would be taking more calls on college basketball if the demand was there; they're in the business of making money.

I read your comment as you wrote it. College basketball has been part of the fabric of New York sports for a very long time. Lot's of people care about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom