Boise St. vs. Colorado | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boise St. vs. Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My god the reviews. You were looking right at it. If you're making the call that emphatically, then you don't need a review.

Reaction Score
Boise rubs me the wrong way with their foul hunting while they cheap shot guys, all over the court. Man they got away with a lot. On the other hand Boyle gets less out of his talent than most coaches in the country. They win because of his recruiting. But they're the kind of streaky team that can beat higher ranked opponents. They just don't rebound well.

Reaction Score
Best news for Nova, this will just add to them needing to fire Neptune even if they have the insane thought of keeping him another year.
Hes bad. Their offense is dog poo and their defense is sporadic. They don’t play for him.
Really awful showing by the big East in the NIT

Reaction Score
Hes bad. Their offense is dog poo and their defense is sporadic. They don’t play for him.
Does it really matter?? None of those teams wanted to be there except maybe Xavier. Unlike Cincinnati this is not what most Big East teams aspire to.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Does it really matter?? None of those teams wanted to be there except maybe Xavier. Unlike Cincinnati this is not what most Big East teams aspire to.
Yes it does matter

Reaction Score
Amen, Amen not a great look for our bubble teams!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Boise was pretty gross.
No wait, you don't understand how the MWC got screwed! /s Six bids and they are whining. Nevada looks fairly legit to me. Maybe New Mexico.

Reaction Score
Best news for Nova, this will just add to them needing to fire Neptune even if they have the insane thought of keeping him another year.

It sounds like Neptune is almost certainly back for another season. And they are the early favorite for a toxic Quadir Copeland. Its like they are trying to ruin their program as quickly as possible.

Reaction Score
This is an annual thing in the NIT. Most teams check out. I have long learned not to take anything that happen in the NIT seriously. Especially for seniors with a pro future; they need to get to those pro camps pretty quickly. If I were a coach in the NIT, I'd give most of my minutes to bench players as a reward.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I completely disagree
It certainly is possible that the retired Butler AD and the NCAA panel believe those losses validate their selection choices.

It certainly is possible a transfer or high school player might look at those results and think the BE in general and those losing schools in particular are weak and reconsider where they play.

And Val Ackerman can point to those losses as defense for that tepid letter.

Reaction Score
It certainly is possible that the retired Butler AD and the NCAA panel believe those losses validate their selection choices.

It certainly is possible a transfer or high school player might look at those results and think the BE in general and those losing schools in particular are weak and reconsider where they play.

This gives us even less hope then because it just proves these people don't know basketball.

This is the NIT every year. It means nothing. It's no more meaningful than losing a bowl game that's out of the playoffs. Better football teams get upset all the time in those Gasparilla Bowls. Last yr Nova lost to Liberty, SHall lost to Colorado in the NIT, but that didn't stop Creighton & UConn from going deep into the NCAAs.

In '86 when 3 BE teams made the F4 & BC almost did, PC lost to La Tech & Pitt lost to SW Mizzou St. So it's the same as it ever was.

I look at UVa and Boise St as the real tells. We'll see how the bubble teams and the MWC do when they're playing for all the marbles.

https://twitter.com/Sacrilege_U_Say/status/1770813417810473045/analytics

https://twitter.com/Sacrilege_U_Say

Reaction Score

I’d be willing to wager a large sum that Carter would have played if PC had somehow gotten into the tourney. SJU showed how much they cared about it. SH and Nova used the same venues they use for their buy games.

Reaction Score
This gives us even less hope then because it just proves these people don't know basketball.

This is the NIT every year. It means nothing. It's no more meaningful than losing a bowl game that's out of the playoffs. Better football teams get upset all the time in those Gasparilla Bowls. Last yr Nova lost to Liberty, SHall lost to Colorado in the NIT, but that didn't stop Creighton & UConn from going deep into the NCAAs.

In '86 when 3 BE teams made the F4 & BC almost did, PC lost to La Tech & Pitt lost to SW Mizzou St. So it's the same as it ever was.

I look at UVa and Boise St as the real tells. We'll see how the bubble teams and the MWC do when they're playing for all the marbles.

Wow nice info going back to 86!

Reaction Score
It sounds like Neptune is almost certainly back for another season. And they are the early favorite for a toxic Quadir Copeland. Its like they are trying to ruin their program as quickly as possible.
Sounds like Neptune is desperate and not adhering to the culture Jay Wright built.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

Logic should matter. Logic is very frequently over ruled by emotionally irrational thinking. It happens whether we're informed or not.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I’d be willing to wager a large sum that Carter would have played if PC had somehow gotten into the tourney. SJU showed how much they cared about it. SH and Nova used the same venues they use for their buy games.
I understand the same points you are making. The teams underperformed for valid reasons and I don't hold it against them. I'm arguing that the outcome will have some degree of negative impact on the conference because those individuals who came under pressure before the losses now can argue they have validity. We had almost unanimous sympathy. That is gone now. Why? Because haters will hate and now they have something to latch onto whereas before they kept quiet.

Reaction Score
I understand the same points you are making. The teams underperformed for valid reasons and I don't hold it against them. I'm arguing that the outcome will have some degree of negative impact on the conference because those individuals who came under pressure before the losses now can argue they have validity. We had almost unanimous sympathy. That is gone now. Why? Because haters will hate and now they have something to latch onto whereas before they kept quiet.
And if they do, they'll look dumb. There were 2 Big East teams on the bubble, Seton Hall who won and St John's who didn't play

ctchamps

Reaction Score
And if they do, they'll look dumb. There were 2 Big East teams on the bubble, Seton Hall who won and St John's who didn't play
They'll look dumb to me. They'll do it anyways and no matter what you and I think
it won't impact them one iota. Most likely if they were reconsidering next year how to react if something similar was to happen and doing it differently that is less likely now.

Don't get me wrong. I get charged over these situations. I believe we should vent as opposed to holding the anger in, but I also don't spend a lot of time reacting over things that are unlikely to change. Once upon a time I took a lot of time in this forum explaining the way people act and react. I've retired from that activity. I took the time to explain myself to you because I consider you a good poster and warranted a detailed response.

Reaction Score
I’ll prefer to judge performance in the NCAAs and then grade the Committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom