Blue Out - NC State game | The Boneyard

Blue Out - NC State game

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
One of the banner graphics from UConnhuskies.com... it rotates with several others so a lot of people would miss it. Spread the word... cause usually these things need help.

XUpDu.png

Reaction Score
The students did a great job wearing blue last night, the rest..... Not so much. I hope we can all get on the same page eventually.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I've come to kind of accept that this sort of thing is impossible. The predominant color of most of my UConn gear is actually gray. That being said, I do need to re-stock!

And is it just me, or is there just way too many other colors that UConn gear comes in? I saw someone last night in a maroon UConn shirt... I was like... are you just confused, or what?

Reaction Score
I've come to kind of accept that this sort of thing is impossible. The predominant color of most of my UConn gear is actually gray. That being said, I do need to re-stock!

And is it just me, or is there just way too many other colors that UConn gear comes in? I saw someone last night in a maroon UConn shirt... I was like... are you just confused, or what?

You should of slapped him w/ a Blue Solo Cup!!!!!

Reaction Score

I agree. The worst color is the safety yellow - looks like you should be working with a construction crew - they showed someone on the video screen last night.

Reaction Score
This matter has been discussed many times. Blame the c o-op as they have multiple colors for sale. Unlike other schools who only sell their 2 school colors.

F

fortebleedsblue

I agree. The worst color is the safety yellow - looks like you should be working with a construction crew - they showed someone on the video screen last night.

I don't get how people decide to wear yellow.. A rare clothing color over a mass produced and very popular color like blue... Especially to a Uconn game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't get how people decide to wear yellow.. A rare clothing color over a mass produced and very popular color like blue... Especially to a Uconn game.

I don't get why people like country music or why the Kardashians are famous. It's pretty easily ignored though.

Reaction Score
It is going to take some time to get people to wear school colors, so I would rather have them in their seats in all the rainbow colors then not.

Reaction Score
The UConn marketing department needs to do a better job of selling UConn down in Fairield County. I am down there 3 or more times a week, in different parts of the county, and I don't see anything Husky down there. If you drew a line between Litchfield, Waterbury and New Haven, and targeted everything west of that with a 2 year blitzkrieg of marketing, then you will have at least tried to engage the entire state. You want standing room only at the Rent? You want max participation? Then A) WIN FOOTBALL GAMES!! B) Make sure there are UConn banners, pennants, T-shirts, bumper stickers from Union to Greenwich, from Sharon to Stonington and everywhere in between. At the rest areas. In the covenience stores. At the gas stations. In the malls. Go down into Fairfield County and just hand out a few thousand bumper stickers and cheap banners to the high school kids. Get them interested. When they start plastering UConn stickers all over the county they'll do half the work for you. When the high school kids down there are all wearing UConn T-shirts(that were handed out free to a lot and becomes the cool thing to wear) the little kids will want to imitate and then you'll start getting that buzz going that your looking for. "Dad, can we go to the UConn game this Saturday?" "Pleeeease?" "We have to wear blue Dad, the other kids said so." Busloads coming up from Stamford, Norwalk and Danbury to the Rent. That's what gets fannies in seats early. When was the last time you saw one of these CT politicians wearing a UConn T-shirt or sweatie? Manipulate them into all wearing Husky gear or they feel they will lose votes. Make it a requirement!! If you want to campaign in CT you MUST wear UConn Husky gear. Same with state workers. If your digging a ditch or one of the 5 leaning on a shovel watching on a state highway you need to be wearing UConn gear. State police cruisers should be repainted in national flag blue and white with a Husky bumper sticker on each. Those Information signs they have on the highway that tells you whats going on on the opposite side of the highway or on a route you can't even get to from the direction your going....they should have UConn game/ticket information blinking in between. Children in school should be required to face Storrs and sing the UConn fight song before school starts .... well that might be a bit much.............not! We should all be marching in lock step towards the Rent each Saturday with our paychecks(signed on the back of course) willing and able to place in the collection coffers. Hey! Can one of you guys help me out of this straight jacket?

Reaction Score

I think the athletic deptartment needs to place blue t-shirts on every seat in the stadium similar to the #bleedblue that the students get.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The irony is that fluorescent yellow is often the most inexpensive shirt in there so you can see its appeal to cash strapped kids. Marketing is the answer afyer am early season give away of this years tee shirt, do give aways or vouchers only to those who are wearing blue. You'd nr surprised at motivated people can be for free stuff.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
6 home games, 40k seats. $10 t-shirts.

Find some sponsors to donate 8,000 shirts per game. Do this for one or two.years and it's done.

Or sell more blue shirts at the games and it will happen organically.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Find some sponsors to donate 8,000 shirts per game. Do this for one or two.years and it's done.

It could be done far less expensively than that.

Reaction Score

Not only is it too much to ask. But it's OK to take umbrage over asking people to get into the stadium on time and where the proper colors.

Reaction Score

It took a while. But you finally posted something that I agree with. And you actually proposed that it should be financed privately which is even more amazing.

Reaction Score
It never ceases to amaze the colors that UConn Tee shirts come in. That said, I'll never argue with any woman (especially she who must be obeyed) when she wears the breast cancer awareness pink tee that they sell at the Co-Op, on-line, & at the Rent. God Bless them all!;)

Reaction Score
It never ceases to amaze the colors that UConn Tee shirts come in. That said, I'll never argue with any woman (especially she who must be obeyed) when she wears the breast cancer awareness pink tee that they sell at the Co-Op, on-line, & at the Rent. God Bless them all!;)

Well, I wouldn't argue with a woman about much of anything, because what's the point?

But, having said that, can't one believe that breast cancer awareness, while a good thing, does not have to be promoted at a football game? World peace is also a good thing. So would it be o.k. for fans to be cheering for players not to hit each other hard?

Reaction Score

Hey, I got no problem with color UConn shirts people wear 6 days of the week, but Game Day? Go Blue or Go Home.

(I guess white is also acceptable if you are really, really, really good looking.)

Reaction Score
I found Blue Solo cups at BJ's in Willimantic. Didn't want to drink my Bloody Marys out of a red solo cup. Got to get with the program.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
welcome to #BLUECUPNATION jackl

its now your duty as a new member to tell 5 more tailgaters about this new tradition. godspeeddrink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom