Blue Jays....wow | The Boneyard

Blue Jays....wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reyes, Johnson and Buehrle? They could be real good.

Farrell must be thinking WTF.

Reaction Score
I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am that the Mets didn't ink Reyes to that deal. He hit, what, .280 this year? And now he's being shipped immediately up to Toronto? That's 100m the Mets could maybe still use to sign on some real long term talent.

Reaction Score
I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am that the Mets didn't ink Reyes to that deal. He hit, what, .280 this year? And now he's being shipped immediately up to Toronto? That's 100m the Mets could maybe still use to sign on some real long term talent.

He definitely has that punk quality about him....

Reaction Score
They have to love paying for that stadium in Miami. They have traded every single good to decent player on the team except for Stanton. The payroll drop from this year to next will probably be a record.

Reaction Score
They have to love paying for that stadium in Miami. They have traded every single good to decent player on the team except for Stanton. The payroll drop from this year to next will probably be a record.
Payroll drop for the Marlins this year will actually be the third highest in MLB history ... behind the Marlins of '95 and the Marlins of '00 (actually I dont know the years)!

Reaction Score
I wonder how Farrell feels right now. Seems like he would have had a better chance at a WS if he stayed put.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Did the MArlins pay for a stadium? Or swindle the public into doing it?

Reaction Score
Did the MArlins pay for a stadium? Or swindle the public into doing it?
Loria is one of the worst owners in baseball. Selig was after him for years to spend luxury tax revenue on the team, rather than pocketing it. Last year was really an aberration from his usual SOP. The best fans can hope for is a franchise sale.

Reaction Score
Say what you want about Reyes, but the Jays should finally have someone who can somewhat consistantly get on base in front of Bautista. That alone makes them dangerous. While it remains to be seen if Buerhle or Johnson can survive the rigors of the AL East, Toronto has a definite chance to score big on this one.

Reaction Score
Say what you want about Reyes, but the Jays should finally have someone who can somewhat consistantly get on base in front of Bautista. That alone makes them dangerous. While it remains to be seen if Buerhle or Johnson can survive the rigors of the AL East, Toronto has a definite chance to score big on this one.

I'm assuming you have never watched Reyes over a full season. I guarantee you when he signed with Miami, he didn't do it with the thought that, less than a year later, he'd be in Toronto giving 5m more of that contract away in taxes, on astroturf, in the colder climate.

I would be shocked if he plays half a season.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming you have never watched Reyes over a full season. I guarantee you when he signed with Miami, he didn't do it with the thought that, less than a year later, he'd be in Toronto giving 5m more of that contract away in taxes, on astroturf, in the colder climate.

I would be shocked if he plays half a season.

Oh, I'm sure that he didn't envision himself playing in Toronto, and I've heard that he has the tendancy to quit on a team. But, no offense to Mets' fans, perhaps this is the most talented team he's ever been on - that may keep him in it for the long haul. The astroturf will probably give him a few more ground ball hits through the infield, and also play toward his strength on the base paths. The real point is: Jose Reyes > Rajai Davis.

Reaction Score
Oh, I'm sure that he didn't envision himself playing in Toronto, and I've heard that he has the tendancy to quit on a team. But, no offense to Mets' fans, perhaps this is the most talented team he's ever been on - that may keep him in it for the long haul. The astroturf will probably give him a few more ground ball hits through the infield, and also play toward his strength on the base paths. The real point is: Jose Reyes > Rajai Davis.

The extra hits come from a ball skipping through the turf infield < Wear and tear on his already balky legs.

I'm telling you. Classic Reyes. Half a season in 2013.

Reaction Score
I wonder how Farrell feels right now. Seems like he would have had a better chance at a WS if he stayed put.
Neither team is winning the WS next year. and let's face it. This is a move for one year. If Johnson is any good he'll be a FA and maybe will sign with the Sox at that point. He certainly wont' sign with Toronto.

Meanwhile, toronto will be stuck with a Vernon-Wells type deal once that backloaded Reyes starts to take effect in a few years.

Reaction Score
Neither team is winning the WS next year. and let's face it. This is a move for one year. If Johnson is any good he'll be a FA and maybe will sign with the Sox at that point. He certainly wont' sign with Toronto.

Meanwhile, toronto will be stuck with a Vernon-Wells type deal once that backloaded Reyes starts to take effect in a few years.

Only "The Viking" could come to a thread about a deal between the Marlins/Jays and make it a "Sox" will sign a free agent and they'll both suck.......and Reyes blows.......you're a treat pal!! Never waiver from your BS....

Reaction Score
Reyes, Johnson and Buehrle? They could be real good.

Farrell must be thinking WTF.
More like "The Marlins - God Awful, Criminal, Really".

Inflated the payroll to get the City of Miami to pay for their stadium and then promptly unload them all. That's BULL$HIT.

Reaction Score
The extra hits come from a ball skipping through the turf infield < Wear and tear on his already balky legs.

I'm telling you. Classic Reyes. Half a season in 2013.

Hey! Look! Reyes is already on the DL with a hamstring issue this year! Way to roll over once you got your big payday, Jose.

Reaction Score
No because Farrell won the WS series last year and there are no sure things in baseball. It only takes 1 or 2 injuries to change everything. Toronto is a lot better, the Yankees are a lot better , and the Rays are very strong. The AL East is scary.

Reaction Score
No because Farrell won the WS series last year and there are no sure things in baseball. It only takes 1 or 2 injuries to change everything. Toronto is a lot better, the Yankees are a lot better , and the Rays are very strong. The AL East is scary.

Yikes! I didn't see THAT one. LOL. I guess I'm 50% on this thread....

Reaction Score
Yikes! I didn't see THAT one. LOL. I guess I'm 50% on this thread....
You saw it but you just had difficulty considering the obvious.:) The Sox should still be the favorite because of their pitching depth but the AL East is going to be up for grabs.
Agree on Reyes; great player when healthy but he misses too much time.
The Jays are going to have to change their offensive approach if the are going to win. They rely too much on the long ball and they are not fundamentally sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom