Bloomberg: UNC says "we made mistakes", issues apology | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bloomberg: UNC says "we made mistakes", issues apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
UNC is a very messed up place right now if after all information about the sham courses and the data on student reading level has been released that the president of the student body can only lash out at those who have revealed the horrible truth and then for her to just walk lockstep with her school's administration and salute them by stating that they have done everything they could to ensure the academic success of student-athletes at UNC. She clearly has never received any education in critical thinking and is a poor representative of the result of a UNC education. It is very likely that she never looked at any of the documentation before feeling she needed to lash out at all those who are concerned about the abuses.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
This is not unlike the institutional response to the Duke lacrosse team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What I would say is that serious crimes were committed at PSU. And yes, the HC, AD and others enabled those crimes to continue for a long time, but they did not involve the student athletes nor their eligibility for sports and therefore really fell outside the purview of the NCAA. It was such a high profile and horrible situation that Emert couldn't resist inserting himself. Would he have done the same if it turned out a coach was involved in some ponzi scheme that defrauded hundreds of people of their life savings?
Okay, I see what you are saying. Whereas the UNC fraud went directly to eligibility and thus ought to be punished. Fair enough.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
In the last paragraph the writer states "That concession ought to bring NCAA investigators back to Chapel Hill". Sadly, the doubting Thomas in me doesn't think the NCAA will be back. They decided why they don't need to investigate and I expect they'll stick to it. If they don't come back, I hope Mr Barrett turns his guns on the NCAA next.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
The NCAA ripped into NC State after an Italian went south and won a National Championship that didn't set to well with the powers that be. They found nothing that they alleged at the beginning of the lawsuit. Penn State gets neutered for something that has little to do with the NCAA, and UConn gets hit hard for much less than this N Car stuff. They are the biggest hypocrites in the world- it's all about money and protecting the powerful good old boys clubs. I despise the NCAA.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I am glad that Bloomberg has taken this up and is holding UNC's feet to the fire. But I think they are missing out on the other half of the 'national' issue by not really reaming out the NCAA for taking a total pass on this. Emert needs to feel the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom