Blidi Wreh Wilson Sr. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Blidi Wreh Wilson Sr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BTW wouldn't NC State fly home after the game? This claims to be Sunday morning.

Edit: Nevermind the parents could have stayed.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
BTW wouldn't NC State fly home after the game? This claims to be Sunday morning.
Parents could have stayed the night after the game gone home the next day

mets1090

Reaction Score
the best part about all of that was RE was upset about u posting a trick play flicker or something. we never tempted a trick play when he was here lol.
I don't recall too many but I do remember them giving the ball to the tailback who pitched it to the WR who gave it back to Lorenzen who threw it deep (of course it should have been a wide open TD but Lorenzen overthrew it so it went to like the 8 and the guy was tackled after he caught it).

They also had that play where they rolled the QB out right and threw it to the guard on the left sideline going for a 2 point conversion. It was supposed to be a backwards pass and thus a legal running play but it was ruled a forward pass and a completion to an ineligible receiver.

Reaction Score
To think someone for NC State may have filmed their practice isn't a ludicrous idea though. I doubt that's the case but it wouldn't be hard.

I wasn't trying to infer that that would be the case. I was just making a comparison to the two. It could be stealing hand signals or may just indicate that Deleone's offense is way too predictable (it sure seems like it is) Either way a phone call to Blidi's father would be in order.

The coaches would probably be able to tell if the NC State players seemed tipped off by looking at the film.

All coaches treat game plans and practice like covert operations for a reason.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
wana know how ncst knew whats up? delone ran the same gig years ago with cuse. tob went back years ago tape wise and had the keys already. my $ is on this.

mets1090

Reaction Score
wana know how ncst knew whats up? delone ran the same gig years ago with cuse. tob went back years ago tape wise and had the keys already. my $ is on this.
Yeah this is most likely the case. Which is bothersome because his coaching should change throughout the year to adapt to changing play styles etc.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Yeah this is most likely the case. Which is bothersome because his coaching should change throughout the year to adapt to changing play styles etc.

i have a old college roomate who grew up cuse like i did uconn. his dad is a sports guy, played in the nhl. he told me last year when we did our dacks camp weekend that delone was doing the same stuf he did at cuse. i tried to gain knowledge of it but struggled as i didnt know back then what he did and had almost no utube vids. its clear to me now. hes living in the past while p and brown are up to date. things better change quick.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Probably a discussion for another thread and definitely for later in the season but if Deleone can't get the offense going is there any chance Moorhead gets his gig back?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Probably a discussion for another thread and definitely for later in the season but if Deleone can't get the offense going is there any chance Moorhead gets his gig back?

It all comes down to whether or not P can cut his ties with Deleone. Everyone from 'Cuse claims, to this day, that the biggest reason P got fired from Syracuse was because he couldn't let his close buddy Deleone go. If anyone thinks that would change this year then P sticks around. This weekend is going to be a big weekend for P in his coaching safety. I always thought he'd be given at least three years but if we have more of these games where the Defense is lights out and we still lose because of an inept offense, a change needs to be made. That change should be with the O-Coordinator but there might be a chance P doesn't wanna let his good buddy go.....

Reaction Score
If there is truly someone in there filming practices than why isn't the UConn faithful(especially the students) monitoring the situation and demonstrating to the rest of the country how easy it is to lose a hand or an eye sneaking around the Burton or Shenkman? It might sound crude but pull a stunt like that down in Alabama and you won't be heard from again.

Reaction Score
Courant.com the Monday Uconn football chat.... Ya'll more than welcome to see for yourselves!

http://mobile.courant.com/s.p?m=b&p=RdmAHk2S3iRz

I don't believe that convo ever happened! Sounds like Dez doesn't believe it either:

12:28

[Comment From NickloNicklo: ]
The issue That Mr. Wren Wilson bought up about NC State knowing are offensive plays..concerns me!! Des, maybe this is a question you can pose for Coach P??
Monday September 10, 2012 12:28 Nicklo

12:29
Desmond: I guess if I believed that were the case I would ask

You can use any name in the chat w/ Dez... intial comment came in @ 1124... when Dez ble it off so another name brings its up again @ 1228. It was just another troll.

Reaction Score
Comment From Wreh-Wilson, Sr.
I stayed in the same hotel as the parents of NC State parents. At breakfast, on the morning after the game, I overheard one NC State parent saying his son told him their team knew what plays UCONN would play before it happened. Worse still, this parent was saying the NC State players were mouthing the plays to one another--but, UCONN still executed the plays even though UCONN players knew NC State already knew the plays. Is this possible? If so, why don't UCONN disguise their plays, or simply change the plays if they find the opposing teams is aware of what they plan to do?

That's how predictable the plays are...

Doubt you needed to watch film or be the other team's DCoordinator to guess what was next in DeLeone's bag of tricks Saturday!! LOL:eek:

Reaction Score
Whether the father said it or not.....i don't care. I do care that NCSU knew every play we were running and they were in position to make a play before we were. We are predictable, and while i dont mind being predictable if you can.....wait for it.....out execute the D, I do mind predictability when you can't. To date, we have not out executed the D. DeLeone needs to fix it, and I'm concerned he won't be able to. Hopefully he's not as stubborn as I think he is.

Reaction Score
Who cares who said what. PP and Deleone should be doing this to themselves. In public. Over and over again.

johnlsmith-slapself.gif

Reaction Score
There was a four year old boy in my section who knew the plays that were gonna be called before the snap. Putting together a defensive plan for opponents of UConn is about 15 minutes of work for the whole week. That's one old staff on that side of the ball - "The Unexpectionals".

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I was at a local restaurant with my boys watching the game. About mid-1st quarter, I started figuring stuff out and started telling my boys what the O would do next - both the play and the result. I was right over 75% of the time.

After my last correct prediction - CW throwing that pick down the middle on the double fake - I got fed up, gathered my brood and stormed out. I was about to get very rude and unseemly in public.

Totally frustrating.

Whether our O gets better or not this season, one thing is becoming very clear: George DeLeone is just BAD for business right now. Paul P has to let him go soon, for the sake of both the UConn FB program and for his own HC job...

Reaction Score
Well if the last UCONN offensive play of the game is any indication ... Amerson looked pretty sure the ball was coming to him ...:(

Reaction Score
It all comes down to whether or not P can cut his ties with Deleone. Everyone from 'Cuse claims, to this day, that the biggest reason P got fired from Syracuse was because he couldn't let his close buddy Deleone go. If anyone thinks that would change this year then P sticks around. This weekend is going to be a big weekend for P in his coaching safety. I always thought he'd be given at least three years but if we have more of these games where the Defense is lights out and we still lose because of an inept offense, a change needs to be made. That change should be with the O-Coordinator but there might be a chance P doesn't wanna let his good buddy go.....

If this is true it is a vivid example of poor management. A leader can never, never, never be one with the people he is supposed to manage. He fails as a leader and a friend. This is bad and portends another tty season for the football team. tty is defined as fewer than 8 wins. I'd be happy with 7 but that doesn't look likely.

This is also an example of unenlightened, poor personnel decisionmaking. P is a decent man but the nature of UConn's program, where it is in its history, where the ambitions for the program by the university lay, called for much more inspired hiring. Perhaps, a young guy on the staff of a dynamic team who shows promise and has much of his career ahead of him. The P hire looks like it set back some of the momentum for the program Edsall had built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom