Blessing in disguise | The Boneyard

Blessing in disguise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Look let's be realistic about this. Although I hoped as hard as anyone can to get this win, I really didn't expect us to come out on top. I was in heaven at half time yes I was. The press really took us by surprise and this was really the first time a high level team was able to disrupt the team. I truly believe that like the rebounding, KO will come up with a solution to fix this issue to avoid other teams from copying Louisville. With every little step backwards the team takes, KO seems to push the right buttons to make them bounce back effectively. I like this team and it has surprised me to have them so competitive. Next year bodes very well for us. Let's take this on the chin, get off the canvas, and use this defeat to play a very tough PITT next. PITT is always physical so let's see how these kids handle that game. Every team in the Big East is going to bring something a little bit to the teaching arsenal of KO. Press done...physicality next.

Reaction Score
I truly believe that like the rebounding, KO will come up with a solution to fix this issue to avoid other teams from copying Louisville.

I doubt anyone will be able to replicate Louisville's pressure because no one else has guards that fast or quick. I thought Bazz and Boat were fast, but Smith & Siva are blurs.

Reaction Score
The key to that press is also Dieng. When Bazz and Boat broke the press and had numbers, they didn't bother attacking the basket. Unless teams have players like Dieng, you make them pay the price for trying to squeeze you like that.

Reaction Score
Learn from it.. Move on.. Good thing this came early and we don't play again until Saturday. Gives the coaching staff/players time to make some adjustments and figure some things out going forward. After PITT, our next 5 are against Rutgers, at Providence, USF, at SJU & at Seton Hall ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom